help to make index ( see list in pg1)

atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi folks,

I have been receiving quite a number of PMs about making Index. I am aware of the index made by serial 123. She did an excellent job doing that. ( In fact I with caryn's help sorted out about 100 page of the recipes and Serial added up her effort and arranged so well as you all see.

Ok......let us do like this......

I need 5 or more members to volunteer. I will find out from serial 123 about upto which page she has done.......then.....the proceedure will be.....asw follows....say for example serial has done upto 100 pages.....then

each of these 5 volunteers take 20 pages each.....say Miss A does from 101 to 120...Miss B will be on from 121 to 130 and so on......

Please do in the following format.......

Page No

Name of the Dish

Posted by

Mango-Coconut Cake

riyana

Thenga Vadai

Kavitha

I did the above as an example.......so each of you take 20 pages and sort out like the above then i can do the rest........like serial123 did ....once the list is ready may be I can request serial123 to put together.......etc etc.....

So please come forward and start doing.......first of all who ever can help in this please post here.......May be we can wait for a week say until December 11th.  So please post which  10 or 20 or 30 or 40 pages you will be doing......and also send me a PM......

I WILL POST YOUR NAME AND THE PAGE NUMBERs you are going to do in the first page. So that anyone can click the first page and choose your slot.

What say buddies......

Thanks for all your support....

Edited by atina - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Caryn thumbnail
Atina,

While going throught the pages sometime back, I noted that Serial have left out some of the recipes. So I will do the first 50 pages (for rechecking) plus another 20 of the pages. (Sorry, I thought I was free, but the moment someone in the office knew I am free, I am now pushed to another job!)

But, yes, I will do as much as I can.

Second, what has Serial done is, she made the recipe thread under Important Topics. She has segregated it to vegetable, sweet and non veggie section.

What she has also done is, she did the index in front page, then when we click on the items, it goes straight to the page. For e.g. if I want Parupu curry, all I have to click on the Parrupu title and it straight to goes to the right page. Edited by Caryn - 16 years ago
jenim thumbnail
Originally posted by: atina

Page No

Name of the Dish

Posted by

Mango-Coconut Cake

riyana

Thenga Vadai

Kavitha

Ah.. Finally! Thank you :-)

I can do any 20 pages. Please let me know which 20 pages to start from. I believe we have to wait for Serial to confirm where she left off then?

Also, please confirm if this is all is needed from volunteers. Should we also add another column called "Category" to indicate whether it is a Sweet, Vege or Non-Vege item, to make it easy for the person to categorize later ?

Caryn thumbnail

Jenim.

I have done the first 100 pages. You can do the next 20. (100-120). Any other volunteer can do the next 20.

Cheers.

I will PM you Atina's email add so that you can forward to her directly.

Thanks

P.S.  Jenim can you do the cut and paste and post it in the important topic exactly like Serial did incl the index?  If you can volunteer to do that, then it will save time for Atina.  

Edited by Caryn - 16 years ago
madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I can do some. Please tell me my start and end page.

Madhu
supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sure. I can do any 20 pages. Please let me know what are my pages (Start - end) etc.

Jenim,
Adding another coloumn (category) is a good idea. This way the recipes can be added under the right category!
atina thumbnail

Here is the list of volunteers and the page numvbers they are doing.......

When I get a PM or a posting here then I will alot the page numbers in this page ...( here  in this post) itself....so that no one will do the same pages as others.

Page Numbers 

Other comments

1 - 100 

Caryn

Re Checking 

101-120

jenim 

121-140

supree 

141-160

madhu

161-190

riyana

I will add as I get to see more members.

I am aware that serial 123 had catogorised. And it will be done that way only......for which I need the data first. That is what you all are doing.,,,when you click on the dish name...it will take you to that post........

Thanks for all your help......lOVE YOU ALL BUDDIES.

Edited by atina - 16 years ago
atina thumbnail
ADDING CATOGORY NAME IS GOOD. and it will be done that way......( hopefully) 😉
patraj thumbnail
Please also include me. Just let me shere to start and end. and I will take care of it.

Regards,
Pat
atina thumbnail
thanks pat. I will alot to you pages next week. You said you will be only free after that right?

come on some more volunteers please