Priyamudan Soorya - New fiction

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello friends!

Its Madhu here...with a new fiction. I started with sugamana ragangal but have suspended that fora while. But here is a new one "Priyamudan Soorya" , of course this is a love story as well and there are characters in this fiction that i have identified with in real life.

I was completely bowled over by the response i got for anandha ragam and idhaya ragam and thats what pushed me into this. Its been busy at work and life for a while and hence i could not write.

I hope you all like "Priyamudan Soorya" and please please please send me your comments...that is what keeps me going. Also i request you all to please pass on this page to the other serial threads!

Thanks again and i will be back with you all every week with updates.

Madhu

Edited by madumithas - 16 years ago
Chapter 1

Srikanth was back at his desk with a morning cup of coffee, he was an early morning person by choice. He looked out at the quiet city through the glass windows. It was a beautiful but cold morning, the beginning of the fall season. As any downtown people were walking around in trendy fall clothes , the location of his office were surrounded only by office buildings and a few restaurants, coffee shops.

Sri's thoughts went back to india where his modest home were always surrounded by relatives and the thunderous laughter of his little sister and his mom's constant yelling at the servant, he missed them all! His sister too had moved away from home and now working in Singapore. Both his parents had retired from the workfoce and now their primary task was to get their children married. Sri had always been awed by his parents since they had had a love marriage even in those olden days. His parents belonged to different castes and it took eons for them to be accepted by his grandparents. But now another problem ensued, as they meticulously looked for girls for sree the fact that his parents had intercaste marriage were eliminating many potential brides. Sri had completed his masters and took up a challenging position at a leading Networking company in Delhi. He was happy and contended at Delhi and had frequented Chennai almost every month to visit his family. It was then he was offered a chance to go to US from where he travelled to different countries and eventually settled in Washington DC.

Sri peeped forward to look at a couple who were walking hand in hand, his thought went back to delhi where he had courted a pretty damsel Sangeetha. An unpleasant aura surrounded him as he remembered the day she proposed to him. Sri accepted her proposal but within days he knew he had made a big mistake, he couldn't feel that he was in love and in addition to her domineering attitude, it was not the right fit. Sri was a quiet and sensitive person but he liked to talk to a few people about his passions rain, music, ghazals....but sangeetha was the opposite.....she expected Sri to be boisterous like her...Sri tried his best as well, but his failure only provoked her anger more and she left him with an email saying that " We are definitely not made for each other, you are a boring personality, I hope you get a woman who could bask in boredom". It was cruel...What Sangeetha did not know was his angry side, one evening he picked up all the cards she had sent him and threw it on her table....."To hell with you sangeetha"..shocking her. That's when he decided   to take up the US offer that he had been refusing for a while and then his life changed.

He had his work, his own little condo that he tastefully decorated, his daily calls to his loving parents and sister, his fast developing cooking skills, his visits to the temple and music programmes, his frequent visits to different countries, his wonderful team at work......everything was beautiful.....but yet there was an emptiness in his life. No, It was not sangeetha..,......that was good riddance to bad rubbish.... On his sister's recommendation he created a profile for himself in a website, he made many friends but he still could not find his soul mate...He turned away from the window as he heard the ding from his computer. You have Mail!
Edited by madumithas - 16 years ago
A great start Madhu... I have always enjoyed reading your stories... can't wait for chapter 2 😊
Hey..

Glad to be the second one to comment, even though there had been 16 views before me 😉

When I saw this thread, I thought it had to do something with my fav actor, who I jollu uttufy at, every single time I see on TV or mags. Even though this is not about him, things that you narrated in the story about parents inter-caste marriage, finding a match being difficult for their offspring, is so much my own life - things that we went thro when they tried to get me married - I can't wait to see how this fic goes.
Bring it on Babe!
Edited by jenim - 16 years ago
Hey Madhu,read Chap 1 just now. It is interesting.Plz, Post the next one soon..

Idhaya Ragam, had Sanjay and Sandhya. Now, Priyamudan Soorya, has Srikanth, Sangeetha and Soorya...You like names starting with "S", don't you? 😃
Yes "S" is my favorite alphabet...it just has beautiful names and words
Good begining Madhu.
Await the details

great chapter madhu.👏 continue soon.

So sweet chapter Madhu, seriously, after reading with your fictions it has given me a positive thing about love as i tend to believe more with love.
Great start Madhu. Truth is always stranger
than fiction -any fiction woven around a real
life experience is interesting - at some point,
it will be difficult to differentiate!!! way
to go and looking forward eagerly for the
continuation, Roja