Other Topics

Mastana Mastana-part 2

Shalinikanthan thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hye guys second masthana masthana its de best man at the end I cried so sweet of lawrence I wud recomed all to watch da shwoa dn do the help dey asked 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hey guys.....

suntv have started with Mastana Mastana part 2 from today....the new
shows looks very cool with new hosts and judges...The host is Neelama
(Rekha from kolangal) and forgot that guys name...

the judges are none other than The great Lawrance master...(leena...see,
finally some super cool judges after the fiasco) , actress Mumtaj and
Jamobumaster....the comments were fair, no hurt feelings ..

they only shoed 4 jodies today....rest 4 will come next week:

1) Aruna devi (nirmala/manikams sister in metti ozhi) and Yuvaraj

2) Bala and Suganya - both of them are sun music vjs

3) Hemchandran and Nisha?? (this girl played as the evil PA of Lakshmi in
lakshmi serial)

4) they are too sun music vjs, I forgot their names...

at the last, Lawrance master got 10 min cause that was what he asked
when they requested him to be judge there, some boys from his school
danced, they are handicapped and functionally challenged kids...but they
were awesome ...hats of to them......👏 👏 👏

the hots and participants were emotionally touched and cried.....they
asked us viewers to donate money, or at least 1 rupees to his trustee....I
most really say, Ragavendra Lawrance master is something for himself,
ever since I have known, he has done this charity, showed new way for
this kids..he has done it with action and no words liek some other
celebrity like to talk on interviews and magazines...👏 👏

if anyone are interested to do the updates....drop me a PM 😃 Edited by meli - 16 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
What?? Mastana Mastana 2 😲 😲 😲 Great [:D/] And thank god new hosts 😊 N lawrence.. auuuuuu 😳 i really enjoy his dances naa... 😳 so sweet of him on the charity thing.. way to go lawrence 👏 👏 👏.

Well, Meli, if i manage to watch it on monday morning, i wud definetely put up the updates... but if anyone manage to do it earlier... carry on 😊
Caryn thumbnail
Yes, Meli pls do the updates. Thanx   😊

Yes, netra would like early updates, so she could get into another bet with her cuz. hehehehe........... 😆 😆 😆
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

wow! finally!👏👏

thank you meli for giving me the good news that master lawrence is one of the judges for this season.😃

thank goodness they did away with meena & that annoying tarun master. i'm now eagerly waiting to watch this show. any show with prabu deva or lawrence is worth watching!😳😳

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Caryn

Yes, Meli pls do the updates. Thanx   😊

Yes, netra would like early updates, so she could get into another bet with her cuz. hehehehe........... 😆 😆 😆

Auwww ur sooo right dear 😆😆😆

madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
YAY!! Finally Lawrence master! Actually the other master is also giving logical comments. Mumtaz gave reasonable comments, atleast she is a better dancer than the doe-eyed Meena. I am not familiar with the participants though...except aruna devi, i guess thats because i dont watch Sun music. I hope the other 4 pairs are someone whom we see in serials.
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thx everyone for the update. Lawrence Master is great to do a charity and help those lovely people with disability and handicup problems to dance. Thats really great. Superb judges and better host. Well the judges are far better than the previous ones following the same comments.
jenim thumbnail
Last night I was almost ready to start this thread with an update. Well.. almost.. 😉
But then, there's always tons of cooking to do for the week ahead 😭

An update for those who care:

I should say the show started with a BANG and ended with a bigger BANG! Enough people here mentioned it already.. YES..Lawrence's "kids" took the cake. Totally awesome performace by the physically challenged and it definitely was a tear jerker for people like me!

Mumtaz's comments - In my opinion, they were a li'l bit more critical than encouraging. But being the dancer that she is, may be she has an eye for those things, which common people might miss. At least she has her own mind and says things that she had observed, and in proper English and Tamil (wherever possible). She is wayyyyy better than the Copy-Cat Meena in her comments, English and Tamil. Some one here had commented earlier when Meena had mentioned "you are ease with each other" or something like that before, to some participants. I happened to catch it again in MM rerun on Saturday and it looked totally silly coming from her, pretending to be speaking good English. Ozhunga Thamizhla-ye Pesalam, being on TV and all..

JohnBabu's comments were very good. Quite appropriate comments without being hurtful. He looks like a seasoned dance master.

Lawrence's Comments were very crisp and positive. Didn't say even a single negative comment or criticize the dancers for any thing.

OK.. now off to the show. No elimination as this is just an introductory round.
1st Pair:
Aruna Devi and Yuvaraj Nethran danced for "Aal Thotta Boopathy" song. I think they had given their best, but they could have tried even harder. AD seem to have tons of make-up on her face. Mumtaz even noticed that AD wasn't wearing her dancing shoes and said to AD, presentation is just as important as anything else in dance. John Babu (JB) and Lawrence (La) said their dance was good. It was quite cute when La said as a punch line "Unga dance English-la sonna SUUUPER, Thamizh-la sonna ADI Dhool" or something like that!

2nd Pair:
Bala and Sukanya danced for "Kannukkulla Keluthi Vechirukka Oruthi" from the movie Dhil (I think). Bala danced well, Sukanya was OK, she looked a little not at ease, may be b'cos of her bulky frame??
JB gave an apt comment - he said the pair should try to find songs where both the girl and boy have lines to sing, so they get equal opportunity to emote.

3rd pair:
Hemachandran and Nisha danced for "Enakkoru Girlfriend venumada" from the movie Boys. HC was totally awesome, he danced so well in the likes of Mahendran from Part 1. But Nisha didn't have much to do, except strike a pose like a mannequin. Nisha looked cute, but I have a feeling this song was chosen b'cos she wouldn't have much to do, yet gives the male dancer a lot of scope. Mumtaz was spot on with her comments, even noticed that Nisha hadn't paid attention to makeup or hair. Nisha really has to work hard, she has a good chance given that she looks pretty. JB's comments were neutral. La said HC should try to become a hero for which the host said HC debuted in the movies first (but now is in Chinna Thirai).

4th pair:
Murali and Rishitha danced for "Baby nee Panjamirdham" or something that sounds like that. The song didn't ring a bell to me at all. The pair looked cute together, had good chemistry. The girl is petite but definitely good looking. Her expressions were awesome throughout the song. This pair got good comments from all the Judges. For 3 pairs, Lawrence gave the same punchline "English-la sonna SUUPER.." and the last time he said it, Mumtaz finished it for him. That was funny to watch.

I have to admit among the 3 Judges - Mumtaz, John Babu and Lawrence - I'm a little suspicious about Lawrence continuing to be the Judge for the weeks to come. I really think he's too big and busy for this show. It's a different story with Kala and Brindha for Maanaada show, they are there in that b'cos they are the producers of Manada show. But let's wait and see.

Next week would be the continuation of the introductory round with 4 more pairs.

jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So sad, Meena could not come for another round to judge 😭 . And the room she's given for plenty to write her premature obituary. It did not matter what she said/way she acted, just her star value was good enough to make MM1 run. Few can match her kind of resume.
A lot of the old pairs did not return at least in the first round, is that common for most competitions? If someone's familiar with the new faces, please let's know which serials they come from.