If Devdas was to be remade in tamil..

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

okay guys, yesterday i had the oppourunity to watch Devdas again. the latest one starring shah rukh, aishwarya rai & madhuri dixit. it was such a beautiful film & the ending just made me tear up for the countless time.😭😭

i was wondering if that film was to be ever remade in tamil for kollywood audiences, who would like to see as the characters? any current leading men & ladies in your minds for the role?

for me,

the only one whom i think can do justice to the role of devdas is vikram. only vikram. vijay is out of the question since we need someone who can actually act.😆😆 surya will also be a good alternative other than vikram

as for paro, i will suggest someone who is beautiful yet is able to emote well. my evident choices would be either sada or tamana.😊

chandramukhi the courtesan.. hmm.. i think shriya reddy or sangeeta will be apt for the role. the role is a heavy one, i can only see one of these 2 actresses as chandrmukhi.

i would like to see arjun play the role of chunnilal. he'll add his own style to the character.

that's about it on my side. how about you guys?😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
haila..Devdas in tamil.. 😆

I think Vicky is a good choice but also Maddy   ðŸ˜³ and the heroine....I cant
pic any specific for Paros role, but pretty many to CMs roles...like Sangeetha
( for the role she did in Uyir and Pitamagan movie), Ramya also if the hero
was a much older 😆 , shreyea and the girl who come in kalabha
kadhalan..I think her name is Akshaya 😕
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree with both of you Vikram will be good or Surya. Hey wat about Ajith?

For heroine i agree with the choices Jyothika will be good.

I dont know about the rest but Arjun will be good as chunnilal. I watched the movie as well the ending was so emotional but a superb movie.
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
well, to ahve the exact copy of the Hindi Devdas,I think Madhavan will be apt.

Heroine, it has to be a mix of beauty and acting powers(to do the climax scene and the one in which Paro is married off ). I think Meera Jasmine, or Sneha. But dancing ability is also important, so I don't see Meera as a very good dancer. So I guess Sneha. Asin woudn't be bad too, it will eb a relief to see her in soemthign diff.

As Chandramukhi, I have only Jothika in mind. You need the charm that MD had, and I can only see Jo with that.Her eyes wil do the work 😊
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Surya is d best Devdas.Paro is Jyothika.Chandramukhi can b bhumika or shreya
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Devdass - vikram

Paro - sangetha/ramya

chandramukhi - jothika
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
the perfect for chunnilai may could be Jeevan 😉
suram thumbnail

Here is what I think

Devdas - Vikram coz one needs good emoting with the inital romantic character- Vikram has the knack of getting into the skin of the character..so...

Paro- Sneha coz this character needs looks of innocence and a simple appearence, with good acting abilities..Sneha has that and she looks equally comfortable without much makeup (Pallikoodam) and she has a beautiful smile and very expressive eyes.

Chandramukhi - Sangeetha wins hands down, coz this character needs to portray self assurance, a little ALATCHIYAM, and great compassion- more like beauty with confidence and brains, and Sangeetha can portray all this very convincingly without making the character cheap!

As for Chunnilal- i think Prakashraj will be able to do real justice to the role of a lovabel rascal!

My 2 cents!

Edited by suram - 16 years ago
Dits thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

Surya is d best Devdas.Paro is Jyothika.Chandramukhi can b bhumika or shreya

That wud be SOK all over again. But thinking over it again, yes, I wud love to see Surya in the role.😛

Shreya as Chandramukhi, hun, I don't think thats good at all. But she might prove good if given somethign like that.😊 

Edited by ditty - 16 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I chose Shreya as chandramukhi as she's a gud classical dancer