Would you consider a GAP year?

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Helloooo Friends!

Yes! Discussion of the Week is BACK! 😃

This time... we're discussing... whether you would consider...

taking a year out of your education to do anything you wanted!

During this year out, you have the chance to do charity work, a job, apprenticeships, etc. Things you wouldn't have been able to do in full-time education!

In the UK, this is known as the GAP year and can be taken before or after university! 😃

Would you consider doing this? Why? And what would you do in your year out of education?! 😃

Love,

College & Uni Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

***srk*** thumbnail
hey kanshuu 😃 ,

well a lot of my friends are doing that! and personnally i think its gonna depend on what u do during this year! i mean a very good friend of mine went to a world tour and is doing lil jobs and is really enjoying! i would love to do that for example! however some ppl take this gap year coz they dont really know what they wanna do and i clearly know what i wanna do and study! and thats what im doing too! lolz 😆 i hope u understood what i meant lol! 😛
bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
pakuuu!!! 🤗

same! i would sooo love to take one!! it would be absolutely amazing! but then... i dont want to fall behind in my studies... dont want to be 19 and studying with 18 yr olds u no?
Yeah same i would love to take one but if i did that i know i would not feel like studying again, eve after holidays off, i hate going back so if i had a gap year i would not study after [:$]

Its a nice thing to do and suits some people, but i know i could not do it. [:$]
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
no coz i'd rather get it all of out the way

u duno wht can happen in a year..things can change and u might not wanna go back into education

and then u'll be stuck at asda stacking shelves 😛

Originally posted by: *VaVaVoom14*

no coz i'd rather get it all of out the way

u duno wht can happen in a year..things can change and u might not wanna go back into education

and then u'll be stuck at asda stacking shelves 😛

🤣🤣HAHAHHAA So true anisha, @ asda.

yeah thats why i wuld get it out of the way and study and after i wuld not wanna go bk, but stay at Asda 🤣🤣🤣

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Great DOTW Kansha!!

BUt Na rey i would not consider it..i rather finish studies first..uske baad to araam hi araam..no more studies ke tension etc.. 😉

Love,
Gracella
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great question Kanshuu =)

I wouldn't consider at all. I mean knowing me, I'd get used to the work and stuff and never go back. LOL. I'd rather finish all studies frist and then ge a job in the field I actually studied for. I'd like to get it over with =)
ummmmm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
naaah, i wouldn't do that. study first, party later.
sunilsahu thumbnail
well when you can do so many things in india while studying why we need a gap year?