Top 10 heroines of 2007

usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

10. Tamana

After the debacle of Kedi we thought that she was gone for good, never to be seen again. But all credit to Tamanna for sticking it through the tough times and choosing a script like Kalloori for her comeback. As of now her choice seems vindicated with offers coming in generously. A role against Surya already in her kitty, 2008 has to be a year of careful choices and consolidation.

9. Sandhya

For nearly 3 years now she has been hanging around nervously on the fringes of stardom, not able to make the big leap. 2007 did not begin on a happy note with memories of Vallavan still very strong. But she has put that behind her and moved on. With Koodal Nagar getting her accolades for her histrionic talents, Kannamoochi Enada put her career back on track.

8. Sneha

One of the senior most names in the list, 2007 has been another year when she has hung around finding favor with a few makers. While Naan Avanillai got her back into reckoning, Pallikoodam gave a good account of her acting skills. But the big commercial success is still missing from her recent record. Needs a good break to get back in the top 5.

7. Padma Priya

This actress has been trying hard to make a serious dent in Kollywood and things seem to be improving for her. What is admirable is her attempt to reinvent herself in a more film friendly style. Sattham Podathay and Mirugam were her releases this year, both grabbing attention, the latter for many wrong reasons too. 2008 may be the year we get to know how well her efforts pay off.

6. Trisha

She has not been lucky with her big projects in the recent past and the endless postponement of Bheema has done her no good. But for Kreedom, she might not have been in this list. Her performance proved that she can still deliver the goods. With Bheema finally coming for Pongal 2008 and with still an intact loyal fan following, her fortunes might take a turn for the better

5. Nayantara

For a lady who chose to concentrate more on Tollywood in 2007, a top 5 spot in Tamil is really commendable. While the delightful Balleilaka cameo in Sivaji was of great help, it was the stylish makeover for the year end Billa that earned her all the brownie points. Her line up for 2008 is seriously loaded.

4. Jyothika

'Every champion has one great fight left in him', a dialogue out of Rocky Balboa. Jyothika proved that she is a true champion when it comes to acting. She reserved the best of her career for the last lap, finishing with a flourish. Mozhi is without doubt one of Jyothika's finest, there was also Pachaikili Muthucharam where she did her only negative role. She still continues to rule the hearts of the cine goers.

3. Priyamani

She made her debut a few years back but has been struggling to get the toehold. She finally got it and it was more than a toehold, it was a firm foothold in Kollywood and in the hearts of many fans. Paruthiveeran's Muthazhagu will not be easily forgotten. Malaikottai was a commercially successful happy joyride but we expect more of Muthazhagu, don't we?

2. Asin

She should get the tag for the most consistent performer of Kollywood for the past 3 years. Ever since her debut with M. Kumaran, she has never let anyone down. Beginning with Pokkiri and ending with Vel, 2007 has been another great year for this girl from Malabar. Aalwar was a rare aberration. 2008 is big, Dasavatharam.

1. Shirya

At the moment there seems to be no stopping this lady. Signing Sivaji was the best thing that has happened to her and full marks to Shriya for maximum utilization of the opportunity. Seldom have heroines looked better on screen. Azhagiya Thamizh Magan might not have been the ideal follow through but that has not affected her.

Reference: www.behindwoods.com

Edited by usha_pooja - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jenim thumbnail
This list is going to make a certain "someone" very happy πŸ˜† Edited by jenim - 16 years ago
geethanjali_92 thumbnail
trisha no 6 ???
i thought she will be in the top 5...
it's ok,,,
conratulations 2 shriya πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
usha_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenim

This list is going to make a certain "someone" very happy πŸ˜†

OOOO I wont speak too soon my dear, before you see bananas being thrown at one specfic person. πŸ˜†

usha_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: geethanjali_92

trisha no 6 ???
i thought she will be in the top 5...
it's ok,,,
conratulations 2 shriya πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Yeah, congrats to her!!!!! πŸ‘

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Asin, with only two releases and two similar roles is in the 2nd place, and Jothika in 4th? πŸ˜•
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

ha.. seldom have heroines looked better onscreen? i think i'd like to rephrase that sentence for shreya.

'seldom have heroines looked more naked onscreen'. now THAT is more apt for shreya.

am i dreaming or was there not a single mention of how good shreya is as an actress?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜† guess people still cannot delude themselves to that extent.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thank goodness there's still some sanity left in the world.πŸ‘

trisha should not have appeared on the list. this year was a big dud for her.

how about sada? how about bhavana? sada gave one of her best performances to date in 'Unnale Unnale' & her name didn't appear on the list. bhavana was more than satisfactory in her villi role in 'aarya'. but of cos tamil audiences turn a blind eye to that.

instead they chose to honour heroines like trisha who appeared in a blink & you'll miss her role in 'kireedom' and asin who hammed her way pathetically through all her releases and the worst of the lot, shreya i-cannot-act-for-all-the-nuts-in-the-world  saran.

let's see if shreya can still maintain her numero uno position by the end of this year or is she going to be kicked down by yet another talentless flavour of the year starlet like herself.

usha_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: ditty

Asin, with only two releases and two similar roles is in the 2nd place, and Jothika in 4th? πŸ˜•

Ditty nowadays, dear glamour talentness muppets go on first place not talented actresses.

Like Leena said Sada and Bhavana along with Jo should off been covered the first 3 spots.

Shriya I tell you how I felt, just because she got first top place for acting with the 'super star' her acting was R-U-B-B-I-S-H I will give her a negative inifiate out of the last number on the whole number system. Thats what i will give that. My 14 year old cousin calls her butters, dirty and disguisting. Running along half naked in movies.

usha_pooja thumbnail
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

ha.. seldom have heroines looked better onscreen? i think i'd like to rephrase that sentence for shreya.

'seldom have heroines looked more naked onscreen'. now THAT is more apt for shreya. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha πŸ˜† πŸ˜† this cracks me up. Naked god knows how did she get the chance to act with Jesse Metcafe in a Hollywood movie, hes pretty okay stuff on desperate housewife. Hopefully, Shreya wont be after him as he has no good track record of woman. 😳

am i dreaming or was there not a single mention of how good shreya is as an actress?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜† guess people still cannot delude themselves to that extent.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thank goodness there's still some sanity left in the world.πŸ‘ Probably, like you said.

trisha should not have appeared on the list. this year was a big dud for her. Let me not start about Trisha, as god knows, she comes in those half sarees dancing around glamoursly. I read this article about her saying, she cannot be not as glamoursly like Nayantara. This was the most pathetic joke I ever read in my life πŸ˜†πŸ€£

how about sada? how about bhavana? sada gave one of her best performances to date in 'Unnale Unnale' & her name didn't appear on the list. bhavana was more than satisfactory in her villi role in 'aarya'. but of cos tamil audiences turn a blind eye to that. Agreed they are better actress than the so what called numero uno actress.

instead they chose to honour heroines like trisha who appeared in a blink & you'll miss her role in 'kireedom' and asin who hammed her way pathetically through all her releases and the worst of the lot, shreya i-cannot-act-for-all-the-nuts-in-the-world  saran.JOKER!!!!!!!!!!! Well, if u want to write a hash comment to her she has an orkut account. I seen her account hehe.

let's see if shreya can still maintain her numero uno position by the end of this year or is she going to be kicked down by yet another talentless flavour of the year starlet like herself. Well, lets rephrase it as talented actress will be good.  πŸ˜†

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Did any of you guys saw the new year special prog on Sun tv about who will crown as the "kannavu kanni 2008" and the silly answers.... 🀒 🀒

One of the boys cracked me up - he said he is for Shriya and when the host ask why, he made this hilarious comment, "she shows off everything except the acting" πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
another nut said his dreamgirl was Nayantara cause she made everyone go sleepless with her 2 piece swim suits in Billa πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
another one commented about Trisha, she has a attractive face and childish face πŸ˜•

anyway, just cause she acted with superstar she got the 1st place cos that movie was blockboster of the year?? what about talent???πŸ˜• I think Asin had better year if we can count, pokkiri and vel πŸ˜†

I cant hardly digest it, but these actress has a good chance this year:
Trisha - lots of expectations for Bheema and Kuruvi.
Asin - Dasaavatharam
Shriya - Kandasamy
Nayanthara - YNM and Sathyam
btw, Tamanna will soon be seen with Siddu 😳, after a long gap, he will act in tamil πŸ˜ƒ

I hope Bhavana will make it this year with her pongal release and her new movie with Vinay πŸ˜‰ No more Jo films from this year😭