usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

10. Jeeva

Three shots at the box office, one on target and the other two way off it. That was 2007 for Jeeva. If he underlined his gumption once again with Katradhu Tamil, he was also betrayed by his inexperience in choices of scripts in Rameshwaram and Pori. Rameshwaram in particular was a big let down after looking like another Kattradhu Tamil

9. Surya

Just one release for the year and that too has turned out to be a big hit and still Surya is at ninth for the year 2007. Well, that is because we have come to expect more from this man, not just watchable entertainers. Yes, Vel was good, but we are used to seeing Surya in Kaaka Kaakas and Ghajinis, aren't we. Not a bad year, 2008 is sure crucial for Surya.

8. Dhanush

For Dhanush 2007 began well with his 2006 release - Thiruvilaiyaadal Aarambham still in theaters. But all that came down in one big bang with Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram, a movie on which the actor and his fans had a lot of hope. But Dhanush has proved that he is not one to be bogged down, he struck back for Deepavali with Polladhavan!

7. Vishal

2007 is the year he got his first title, Puratchi Thalapathi, his fans lovingly bestowing him with it. He has a 100% record for the year; both Thamirabarani and Malaikottai did enough and more for the trade to retain faith in his crowd pulling ability. But there is quite a widespread feeling that his choices seem to be getting repetitive, needs to reinvent himself while he is still in favor with the audience.

6. Madhavan

Till mid-2007 we heard and saw very little of Maddy, except for the fleeting role in Guru. But the second half had something for all Maddy fans. A typical masala mix in Arya which while not being the stuff that Madhavan usually appears in, managed to hold on and Evano Oruvan gave us a glimpse of his penchant for class. With a lot of his movies queuing up for early 2008 releases, things are definitely looking bright for Maddy.

5. Prithviraj

Surprise No.1 – Prithiviraj, certainly seems to have to taken the lift to the top of the building of stardom. The distance that he has put behind him in 2007 is amazing. Beginning with Mozhi in February, following it up with Sattham Podathay during midyear and finishing off with Kannamoochi Enada, all of which did well, Prithvi has had a near perfect year. It is going to be tough to maintain the same momentum.

4. Vijay

In January, Tamil Nadu celebrated 'Pokkiri Pongal', literally, erasing all the bad memories of Pongal 2006 and Aadhi. It looked like Ilaya Thalapathi was all set to change gears with a very promising Deepavali release. But Azhagiya Thamizh Magan, forced the man in the fast lane to take a pit stop and have a relook. The onus is now on Kuruvi.

3. Ajith

His year has been very similar to that of Vijay, the only difference being that the hits and flops have come at opposite ends of the year for both of them. 2007 couldn't have started on a worse note for Ajith with Aalwar receiving brickbats from all around. But the resolute Ultimate Star reposed faith in a script with a difference and came out with crowning glory, Kreedom and finished off the year in style, extreme style, Billa. His fans can't wait for his next, but first in 2008 is fatherhood.

2. Karthi

Surprise No.2 – Karthi, It cannot get better for a debutant anywhere in the world. Fairytales may look dull in comparison to the dream start this man has had to his career. Completing 300 days in theaters, leaving everyone astounded with its sheer brilliance, Paruthiveeran has left Karthi with two things – a place in the most wanted list of actors of Kollywood and a prefix to his name that is not going to let go easily. He is set to become Ayirathil Oruvan in 2008.

1. Superstar Rajinikanth

Even before we bade goodbye to 2006 we knew that 2007 was going to be another year with Superstar written all over. For nearly a quarter of 2007, Kollywood was nothing but Sivaji, the magical effect of Superstar pervaded all of Tamil Nadu and many places beyond. There can be no pretenders to this throne.

reference: www.behindwoods.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jenim thumbnail
Surya in the 9th place?
Is the BehindWoods team out of its mind?

jenim thumbnail
Thanks for psoting the compilation of Top 10 male, female leads & the movies, Usha.

geethanjali_92 thumbnail
i thought surya was in 1st place.. 😭 😭
it's ok...
conratulations 2 rajini... 👏 👏
usha_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenim

Surya in the 9th place?
Is the BehindWoods team out of its mind?

Yeap, but Rajini rules the current trend of cini world. Im a die heart fan of him.

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Huh? so amny surya fans here all of a sudden?   😉I thought I was the only one! Well 9th is a bit down, but he didn't deserve 1 , maybe a three or four.

Ayirathil oruvan is Surya's next movie with Selvaraghavan, or am I worng? 😕
jenim thumbnail

Originally posted by: ditty

Huh? so amny surya fans here all of a sudden?   😉I thought I was the only one! Well 9th is a bit down, but he didn't deserve 1 , maybe a three or four.

Ayirathil oruvan is Surya's next movie with Selvaraghavan, or am I worng? 😕

Yeah.. #1 for Surya.. naaa.. at least not yet..

Aayirathil Oruvan is Selvaraghavan's movie with Karthi in the lead. Surya illattiyum Surya thambi irukkarille...

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Ditty, its Karthi hun, not Surya cos his next movie is with Goutham 😉 I am also a big fan of Surya and now Karthi 😳 😳
To be a new comer, Karthi has done a great job so the 2nd place it welldeserved. 👏

Hopefully next will be rules by Vicky, surya, maddy, ravi ( I am sure his home production will be a big success and dhaam dhoom ), bharat, Prithiviraj 😉
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks usha for the info 😉

Rajni no 1!!!! 😃 am a biggie kattadi of him 😆 😆
usha_pooja thumbnail
Yes Netra Rajni is the superstar for tamilians!!! Great fan of his. Had a little debate at uni with my close friend of mines. 😆