Top 6 disappointments of 2007

usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

6. Sabari

A doctor, with straight serious intent on his face; very much reminiscent of Vijaykanth from Ramana. We all expected Sabari to be a good one for Captain after quite some time. But what came out in the end was no better than the Dharmapuris or the Narasimmas. Sorry fare after stills that raised expectations.

5. Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram

This was the Superstar's choice for his son-in-law and consequently the hopes were high. But all hopes were dashed with this poorer than mediocre fare dished out by Suresh Krishna. One wouldn't believe that this was the same man who had given us Basha. Coming after the success of Thiruvalaiyaadal, Parattai was a huge dampener on Dhanush's career. It was almost back to square one for him.

4. Mayakannadi

Cheran reflects originality in his films, the struggles of the common man, family bonds and things generally close to the heart. With Mayakkannadi he wanted to try something new. Even though the soul remained the same, the way in which it was brought out was not Cheran style. The trendy hair style, the Chennai setting and too much gloss in general masked the message. Better results were expected from the maker of Autograph and Thavamai Thavamirindhu.

3.  Pachaikkili Muthucharam

The man who had got a hat-trick of hits gunning for a fourth with a subtly made story of cunning conspiracy against an individual. Goutham Menon, the man who always gets things right put a foot wrong and what could have been four in a row turned sour. With a producer like Oscar Ravichandran behind him, Goutham should have been on top of his game.

2. Aalwar

2007 opened on a bad note for Ajith and all his fans. Aalwar was the worst follow through one could have hoped for after the huge success of Varalaaru. It came by Bhogi and was gone before jallikkattu, hardly talked off and scarcely seen. If there was any positive it was Ultimate Star, but even that couldn't save this dismal effort.

1. Azhaiga Tamizh Magam

If Ajith gave a turkey at the beginning of 2007, Vijay gave one at the end of the year, the habit seems to be contagious. The setting could not have got bigger, Vijay in his first double role, Shriya and Rahman on their post-Sivaji high and Rahman managing to get things right on target. Everything came down in a heap, leaving fans high and dry.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usha_pooja thumbnail
reference for above post from behindwoods.com
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
" If Ajith gave a turkey at the beginning of 2007, Vijay gave one at the end of the year" 🤣 🤣🤣

I couldnt have said it better, agreed with that statement. I hope Vijay wont choose movies like ATM, the climax was so terrible, even though the movie was a big flop, the songs was a hit 😉 Mahesh was about to remake it on telugu, but droped the whole idea now, good choice made by him 😆

Alwar..hmm..that was a flop cause something was missing on the edting part and each time Ajtih were about to kill the baddies, he says "naan kadhavul"...I think they used that dialog cause at the time, he was supposed to do a movie with Bala, "Naan kadhaval". 😆

PKM was thriller, but it didnt have the same touch Gouthams had on his earlier movies.

No comments on the other three movies as I never saw them or have any intentions to do that 😕

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks usha... 👏 👏

But frankly, i did enjoyed this cheran's movie. 😳
usha_pooja thumbnail
I only watched PK and Awalar. Actually, I liked the movie cos of Ajith and Jo acting which really rocked the show. Asin was a waste there. I wont even discuss about it here.
madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Behind woods was right except the Pachaikili. I thought the movie was good and sarath looked good with Jo!

Aalwar and ATM were total disasters...and ATM was a total yuvve...yuck! especially since barbie doll creeps me! cmon Vijay ....we love you, do a nice one. I saw tirumalai yesterday and vijay/jo were so awesome!
jenim thumbnail
PacchaiKili was a complete rip off the Hollywood movie Derailed, which was based on a novel of the same name by James Siegel.

I was completely stunned that Gowtham would do it, without giving due credits to the original or the author. But if he had, then I surely missed it.

The Hollywood movie with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston was far better.

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
atm was so unbelieveable...far fetched and boring... i could not sit thro it....
usha_pooja thumbnail
HAHAHAHAAHA Im lucky I aint watched the movie. I wont be even watching it after you guys told me now.
Caryn thumbnail
I watched Patchakilli until the raping scene, I totally got annoyed abt it, esp they were going on and on about it. After that I never watched that movie until today. The CD is lying around somewhere in my home

SAbari!? What did you expect from VK's movie. He wants to act as a young man equal to Vijay/Ajith. Oh please! I hate when the stunts/or in this case camera trick was done in VK's fighting scenes. Let's be practical, he cannot even lift his legs (you can see when he dances), and yet he is flying kick in fighting scenes? We are not dumb arSe! (no offence to others).

I wish he sticks to movies like Chinna Gounder and so on.

Well, I am glad I did not waste money to buy the CDs except Patchaikilli.