Dreams - Starring Deepak [Jodi No.1 Host]

Posted: 16 years ago

DEAR IF'ANS, PLS LEND YOUR SUPPORT TO DEEPAK'S DRAMA "DREAMS" WHICH WAS SHOT IN SINGAPORE.

DEEPAK ALSO VISITS THIS THREAD TO POST & READ OFTEN AS HE IS A MEMBER HERE.

SO PLEASE LEAVE A FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN AFTER READING THE UPDATES AS A RESPONSE.

Pictures and Character Introduction Credits to Vasantham Central

STANDING FROM LEFT: Kavitha, Arasi, Shankar, Vikram, Mano
SITTING FROM LEFT: Deepa, Vasantha (Shankar's Mum) & Sathya

SHANKER: The 'confused' head
He drags himself to work each morning.
Handicapped by his low self esteem, each day is a struggle for him to prove his worth to anyone.
He escapes reality with self-imposed meditation techniques.

KAVITHA: The 'determined' wife
Her husband's escapism irks her. Her mother-in-law hates her. Her sister-in-law despises her. But she still has to keep the family together even it is a torture.

MANO: Kavitha's brother who loved Deepa but married Pooja out of circumstances.

POOJA: Mano's wife who is not leading a happy life as Mano has not forgotten Deepa.

SATHYA: The 'wannabe' son of Shankar. He is a boy-next-door who has to prove his worth to his peers to be accepted.

VASANTHA: The 'not-so-lucid' mother
Shanker's mother. Reality seems to be phasing out for her. She is teetering on the brink of losing her sanity. How does she hold on to her memories and identity?

DEEPA: The 'headstrong' sister
Having loved and lost, she has built a wall to protect herself for being hurt again. But Cupid always has something up his sleeves. Look out Deepa. Love is just a click away.

VIKRAM: Newly appointed Regional Manager in Shankar's firm. He is also the chatline friend of Deepa and he likes her

RAGHU: Vikram's friend and also the one who puts him up at his home when he comes to Singapore to take up a new job postion.

TAMILARASI (ARASI): A maid from india working in Shankar's home.

But suddenly Shanker's family is in an upheaval with the introduction of two new characters who unwittingly wreak havoc in their already messy lives.

Tamil Arasi: An innocent villager from India who is seeking a living here.
Vikram (Deepak's character): A rich, young and charming engineer from India.

Who are they? What do they have to do with Shanker's family?

All of them come together in a web of hopes and heartbreaks.
Do they find what they are dreaming of?

A feel good drama that portrays the simple issues of the most elusive treasure – LOVE.

With many more twists and turns, this wholesome drama has the right dosage of romance, family sentiments, suspense and humour to keep you dreaming for the next 26 weeks.

Catch DREAMS, a twenty-six part drama coming to a TV screen near you on 2nd January 2008 at 8pm.

Dreams Ep 1

basically the ep starts off with sathya who is learning dancing but doesn't make any progress. his dance peers makes fun of him and the dance leader is considering to drop him.

shankar, sathya's dad faces the same problem at work where his collegues makes fun of him. he was suppose to give a presentation and he starts to practice it everywhere e.g. in the lift. the gents. just as he gets himself prepared with confidence, he got laughed at for leaving his fly (zip) open.

deepa is shankar's sister (i didn't really catch her occupation but she works in a hospital but wears different clothes, will update once i see the next ep). she had alot of admirers and receives many flowers to the envy of her collegues. one of her collegue cum friend invites her for her ROM (registry of marriage) and deepa starts to think of her past where she waited for her beau to turn up at the ROM but didn't in the end leaving her cold.

next is (shankar's wife) kavitha's brother (didn't get his name) who gets drunk and tries to create trouble by opening the door gate of someone else's house and shouting his wife's name pooja (she is shobana - vani from kathalikka neramillai) (the house belongs to shanker's parents house where deepa stays - i suppose deepa and kavitha's brother has some relationship before). some neighbours sees the commotion he makes and calls the police. kavitha later comes to bail him out and brings him home.

shanker parent's place, its shanker's father's birthday and they are preparing to visit shankar to celebrate without informing them. both shanker's parents and kavitha and her brother reaches home at the same time and bang into each other. once shanker's mother sees kavitha's brother with her, she flashbacks to the scene where he made a commotion outside their flat earlier and gives him a not happy look. kavitha goes over and asks the reason for their surprise visit and finds out to her dismay that they are there to celebrate her father-in-law's birthday. meanwhile kavitha's brother, in his room flashbacks, he was at his own home and tells his wife pooja that he had reserved a table to celebrate valentines day but pooja is not keen thus he gets angry and leaves the house. he goes to a pub and gets drunk (the rest you all know).

once they are all home, kavitha tries to get her brother to buy some food from outside so that she can pretend that she cooked it specially but was found out by her mother-in-law thus she calls her husband shanker to tell him that his parents are here without informing them. he tells her to manage till he reaches home.

shankar reaches his flat and meets his sister deepa and they go back together. deepa's mother tried to call her but she was already there. when she sees deepa at the doorstep, shes says she was trying to call her to inform her not to come. deepa asks why and she steps in to see kavitha's brother and he gives her a shocked look. deepa gives a not happy look.. Thodarum...

Edited by bluegal - 16 years ago
Thx BG for the lovely update. So sweet serial, i really hope they air it in UK. It would be lovely. Its so sweet i cannot wait for Deepaks apparence. 😳
thanks bluegal 😳 😳 🤗

Umm story line is good... ur lucky for getting a chance of watching this and KNI... poor me 😭
Thanks BG.

Sounds a like a good serial.

some pics i recap from the preview at vasantham website. i am unable to get the videos as i do not have a dvd recorder. hopefully someone uploads it. 

Edited by bluegal - 16 years ago
Thx BG for the lovely update
hey guys ,
is devadarshini acting ?
yes devadarshini is in it but am not too sure of her character as she has not made an appearance yet.
What channel is it telecasted on??
bluegal, who is the director of this drama.Is it vasantham's own production.
hopeful, this serial is produced by eagle vision mediacorp tv 12 (yes it belongs soley to vasantham central from what i see and is not a joint production). the director is mr venga (he has produced many hit tv short serials, variety programs in singapore 😉 Edited by bluegal - 16 years ago