•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey friends and welcome to another Discussion of the week of Book talk forum! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This time we ask you your views on biographies, which are novels, works of fiction based on a person's life..

Do read biographies?

If yes, which one is your personal favourite and why?

What makes a biography intresting?

On which personality do you wish to read a biography on?

Happy Discussing! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Book Talk. Dev Team

Edited by cool_pooja - 16 years ago
Originally posted by cool_pooja

Do read biographies?

Yup. Bigroaphies rock!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ณ

My personal favorite is The Child called IT. it is my personal favorite because it was extremely sad. It was soo sad, he boko literally felll out of my hands, but despite it being soo sad, it was a very touching and gorgeous book๐Ÿ˜ณ I highly recomend it to any one who will not be scarred for life after reading it, i am not kidding, it really is a book that can break some one easily.

What makes a biography interesting is that it was a story written about some one who really did exist and who these events really did happen too, which in my opinion, just makes it a tad bit easier to relate the events to real life, and allows me to appreciate more people and have more role models๐Ÿ˜ณ

I think you meant Person? not personality?..soo..i will give person..because personality doesnt make sense to me๐Ÿ˜ณ. i would love to read a biography on Indira Ghandiji๐Ÿ˜ณ Personally, she is my roel model, and i would love to read a biography on her any day๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by ~devi~ - 16 years ago
Originally posted by cool_pooja

Do read biographies?

Not evry frequesntly, But yes...

Can I name one AUTOBIOGRAPHY???

SHANTARAM---Its kinda semi autobiographical

Real life is Oft more exciting than Fiction

Fyodor Dostoevsky--My fav author

yes, sometimes i do read biography

1. I think the Diary of Anne Frank is good, but it is more an autobiograpy though.....so is santaram...also

2..BOY and GOING SOLO - ROALD DAHL (These two books can be read with equal ease and enjoyment by anyone aged from eight to eighty. Boy is the story of Dahl's babyhood and schooldays and in it you will find so many of the sources and inspirations for those delicious children's books. My favourite character is the old lady in the sweetshop near his prep school, the blueprint for every evil Granny or Witch who ever danced an evil jig across the pages of his stories. Going Solo tells the story of Dahl as a young man, working for an oil company in Africa, terrified of snakes, and drafted into the RAF at the start of World War Two. Super, wonderful, fascinating stuff which is sure to interest, but above all, raise a smile. )

3..Mary Renault: A Biography , David Sweetman

4..Biography of Rabindranath Tagore

Yes I read biographies.

My favourite has to be It's not all about the bike by Lance Armstrong.

Why I liked it? - It's about survival. I would recommed this book to anyone who is suffering from cancer or if you've been affected in some way by it. Its inspiring!

Who I would like to read a biography of?: hmmmmmmmm Sachin Tendulkar
GAH! i want to read one bio in particular but i canr find it anywhere! ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜ญ
sorry guys.... will answer q's later!
Greatest bio of all time would be rabindranath tagore and def. Anne Frank!! I wish anne frank was alive today!! ๐Ÿ‘

Well the greatest biography i have read till now has been daughter of the east of Benazir Bhutto.. Even through i dont like her much, it presented her into an entirely different light giving her experiences and her life story!๐Ÿ˜ณ