Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Totally agree with you Khairruuu Di!! 🤗 ..This was seriously needed.

I totally agree with you and the point ur trying to put across. Copying is seriously never gonna stop. The internet is like a world on its own..we all live in a world which uses the internet..but we have a life of our own outside of IF and the computer!!

Like you said..no one is 100% original apart from God..and although copying and plagerism is wrong...we can't do much to stop is on the internet!! We can say something once and twice..but if it still happens..there is not point..its like breaking your head on a brick wall. All that i want to say is that If we can't stop it...and we can't do anything about..we're better of moving on in life and doing things that are more important.
preity*zinta thumbnail
Very very VERY well put Khair. I agree with EVERY word you have written! No ONE is original, we all get inspired from seeing works of others .. I know for a fact I do. I look at the works of all the other siggy/avie makers going .. Hmmm... I wonder if I could ever make anything as good as that .. and I try .. And well your're on the internet as Khair mentioned .. EVERYTHING here is copied!! It's not just happening on IF .. it happens everywhere on the internet. I think people need to get over this whole copying issue because no matter what you do it's gunna continue so just be happy making stuff that others will appreciate. Edited by preity*zinta - 16 years ago
diyafah thumbnail
Khair I completely AGREE with each and every word of ur's!Wonderful opinion put in!! 😃
Although I do make siggys but I don't seek myself as a dedicated siggymaker.Infact I am not even that good in Art. For a matter of fact,playgirism exsits everywhere in the world but surely creativity is completely unlimted.I may not sometimes find a difference between how much a siggy/avi looks "similar" but I do have seen works been copied and not inspired.
I am thankful to the forum,because we can voice our opinion without pointing anyone in an indecent way.
Coming to IF,there is an immense flow of lovely artwork here,and each and every person gets inspried to showcase their talent and creativity.The praises here keep flowing which does encourage us to do good work!!
Guys..lets not forget that even though its ur hobby,you might put that in use.Like for example,when I am currently doing a coursework in english,I am making little siggys to make the coursework look much more artistic and beautiful.Its good that we all can learn about "visual" Art and share our knowledge with others about it.Later on who knows good siggy makers or who are constantly helping,may step in to be a good animator in a film industry or open up an animation business!
All wht I want to say that,keep continuing ur creative work because every piece of urs keeps improving time-to-time and believe me it does help you get rid of stress/tensions 😳

-Anureet Edited by diyafah - 16 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
thnku for posting this it woz needed!!!
Without copying we wudnt learn new techniques and get bored of the same old styles wouldnt we?
darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well Khair pretty much said everything I wanted to. 😛 And I continue to talk in a slightly harsh vein.

I'd like to add, if you're SUCH a stickler for originality and what not - stop using celeb pics then. They are someone else's creations already and you do not hold the copyrights to them unless you took those photographs yourself. And what about the various techniques you use to come up with funky effects? You invent them in late night frenzy of brain activity? I dont think so. You probably got it from someone else's tutorials. Come on, if you're going for originality and only using your own stuff then why not go all the way?

And besides, what is the issue here? Are people making money off your "creations"?? Are they being lauded academically and given grades for it? I doubt it. I could understand if they were getting some renumeration that you arent/rightly deserve but such isnt the case. You're getting the "OMG WHAT AMAAZING CREATIONS!!!" and they are too. Get over yourselves. Edited by darkness_123 - 16 years ago
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very well said [er..written 😆 ] Khair!

I will be straight up and say that if I see something I will unconciously do it in another way....but isn't that being inspired? I mean the only way I see 'Coping' is if you cut out someone's own work and present it as yours.

The truth is, that being on a site as HUGE as IF or even the internet if you look at it, and you write/make things and post them anywhere on the internet then it will probably inspire someone and if they do anything as close to something as you did, it won't be copying because they did not do everything the same as you did...I take that as being inspred. Yes, even then people should try to change it up, and put there on Jhaska to it...

😃

-Mahak-
ammmu thumbnail
Very nicely written Khairu di..

I dont think I have my own "style" or "trademark" with my sigs, so I dont know how someone can "copy" me and neither have I really ever seen my sigs "copied", so I personally don't know how it feels. But, like you said, my friends are the ones who have had this happen to them, and yes, I am upset that their sigs are being seen in other 'carbon-copies' - however, I'm sure we all know that it's inevitable... cos like you said, the Internet is a free place, and no matter how much we pic (c) [insert name] all over the siggy, people will see it and there's always going to be a chance that your sig will be copied...

I never really thought of copying sigs in this light - I've always known it's something that cant be helped, no matter how much you try, but you've put forth the issue very realistically... thanks for opening my eyes a bit, and hopefully opening the eyes of others too! 😃
Tumhari_Khushi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I hope some members read this post of yours, Khair.

I get attacked by those who get copied if I don't help them they want me to and I get attacked by those who are copying them, thanks a bunch friends.
~*manai*~ thumbnail

excellent post!
i have got to say you have said it all right!
i mean a siggy maker takes long time to make a new sig and once everyone likes that sig it is being copied! some people think that by coping other's and then saying inspried by so and so is alright but it is not!

great post!

Edited by ~*manai*~ - 16 years ago
Angelic_A thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Khairuuu wah! EVERY single sentence u wrote there is just worth an aplouse. 👏 thank you soo much for bringing that up coping has been one of the biggest issues that actually caused members to think of leaving IF and I don't agree with that. And soo true about being 100% orignal seriously I so agree with that very very very welll said. 👏. Why can't we all just get over the fact of actually being copied come on we can't really do anything about it and plus if ur really protective for ur siggy's than why post them? I agree if someone just tried to make the siggy look exactlly the same like yours that would be bad or even cutting siggy parts.. but u can take a look at the idea and try to do something that u would do with that idea. Well thats all I have to say..

Soo proud of u khariuu 😳 you are a Kim possible Natasha di was right.😳 😆 . Edited by *Aman_I* - 16 years ago