Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
yeah..sad but thts life...how you been today?? lil less freaked out bout school?
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
heyyyss veeryone,,

jhampu # 5 here, πŸ˜†

congrtzz on 4th CC, sorrry wasnt here for longss, jst really busy w/ school
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@su: not really, but there's a quote that I've read and really liked , something about you can only trip over pebbles, not mountains...so basically, I can't fail all together, I just have to watch my steps and take the daily challenges one at a time... its still scary if i let my thoughts wander long enough but i try to keep myself busy...i don't know..i feel like when i don't think of it, im zabardasti trying to ignore it..and as they say 'ignorance is bliss' and it is while it lasts, but i really want to face reality and get it over with, but i guess its not gonna be gone until im done w/ college...
coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigrl05

@su: not really, but there's a quote that I've read and really liked , something about you can only trip over pebbles, not mountains...so basically, I can't fail all together, I just have to watch my steps and take the daily challenges one at a time... its still scary if i let my thoughts wander long enough but i try to keep myself busy...i don't know..i feel like when i don't think of it, im zabardasti trying to ignore it..and as they say 'ignorance is bliss' and it is while it lasts, but i really want to face reality and get it over with, but i guess its not gonna be gone until im done w/ college...

accha, i know its natural to freak out abt these things, but why r you worrying so much?? you will do fine..you have worked for it and youwill get your rewards where is the point worrying or ignoring it like this?? you know you will have to deal with it..so rather than worrying or ignoring, just let it be for  now..put it at the back of your  mind n concentrate whts important for now..thts finishing the courses this sem properly ..and meanwhile start preapring for interviews or the job market..you have ample time...no point worrying abt things not in your league yet!
desigrl05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolkitty_23

accha, i know its natural to freak out abt these things, but why r you worrying so much?? you will do fine..you have worked for it and youwill get your rewards where is the point worrying or ignoring it like this?? you know you will have to deal with it..so rather than worrying or ignoring, just let it be for  now..put it at the back of your  mind n concentrate whts important for now..thts finishing the courses this sem properly ..and meanwhile start preapring for interviews or the job market..you have ample time...no point worrying abt things not in your league yet!

I feel like time's running out and I have yet soo much to do...I still have soo many credits to finish and I do not want to graduate late in any case at all!! So I might just have to load up a bit, that's not my conern so much, but since the courses are available at such odd timings[if i need to take in spring, its not available till fall..vice versa], it'll be hard for me to finish them before '09... but Im thinking to take some extra courses at some random community college[ all the faltoo ones] so i can finish up and load up a bit easier... oh and point be noted: my dad would kill me if i graduated late... another thing, I have to study for the GRE's and PCATs and apply for them...uff and pre-reqs are antoher hassle my university has anatomy and physiology as two diff subjects!! [this totally bugs me out😑] I mean, wth,  I have to waste one year just to get this course! alskfja;sdklfj.... last things last, I want to have something after I graduate, Idon't want to sit idle... i've started to look at companies and interships but i guess I can only research upon them as it is too early for now...

I dunno su, my nerves really tend to get the best of me when it comes to this topic

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

That is true..but even a healed scar every now n then reminds of the past...sometimes just the memories are enough to hurt..and bring back a surge of unwanted thoughts n emotions... 😳

Exactly! No matter how much you tru to forget..one memory or the other will always emerge and hurt you once again 😭

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Jhanni, I know exactly what's going on with you. It's not my time to graduate from college yet, but not my 2nd yr in community college has started and I need to think about transferring  I don't have enough credits to transfer yet since I didn't take a lotta classes in my first semester and took a whole semester off due to my visit to Pakistan...now everyone's after me like when are you transferring? I'm like  not till next spring! *hopefully...fingers crosseD*
coolkitty_23 thumbnail
jhanu, I know how you feel..i know exactly how you feel..dont worry about it tht much though..your scare of late graduation..tht is justified..n see you have thought it out..as to how you will handle the credits you need to..so yeah, do what you gotta do to get there..slog, work double time, take multiple course, long nights..do wht it takes..and get it done..its a once in a life time thing, and the sooner you get done with it, the better, bcoz you know you have to do it sometime or the other..and as for preaparing for GRE, i spent exactly an year on it..especially focusing the last few months more into it..there r tricks n tips to get a good score which is what they call smart work rather than extreme hard work...n GRE is easy..trust me you will get by all..just stay calm n work hard n take one step at a time.. 😳
desigrl05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fariha17

Jhanni, I know exactly what's going on with you. It's not my time to graduate from college yet, but not my 2nd yr in community college has started and I need to think about transferring  I don't have enough credits to transfer yet since I didn't take a lotta classes in my first semester and took a whole semester off due to my visit to Pakistan...now everyone's after me like when are you transferring? I'm like  not till next spring! *hopefully...fingers crosseD*

Its like constant pressure, not just by yourself but also by the goddamn desi community, its always like 'o my beti is in medical school, what is your beti doing?' ...sometimes I feel sorry for my parents that they don't have anything good to say about meπŸ€”

desigrl05 thumbnail

jhanu, I know how you feel..i know exactly how you feel..dont worry about it tht much though..your scare of late graduation..tht is justified..n see you have thought it out..as to how you will handle the credits you need to..so yeah, do what you gotta do to get there..slog, work double time, take multiple course, long nights..do wht it takes..and get it done..its a once in a life time thing, and the sooner you get done with it, the better, bcoz you know you have to do it sometime or the other..and as for preaparing for GRE, i spent exactly an year on it..especially focusing the last few months more into it..there r tricks n tips to get a good score which is what they call smart work rather than extreme hard work...n GRE is easy..trust me you will get by all..just stay calm n work hard n take one step at a time.. 😳

your such a good listener su! I wish I could give you a hug in real life but this is all I can do right now πŸ€— ...it really helps to let my thoughts out..especially since I can't say this to my parents or else, u know...the usual drama of why/what/how... and thats why Im trying to get extra money to pay for the community college bills, just so that my dad doesn't have to pay for my mistakes