News Flash Ranjini is Robot

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Rajini in 'Robot' IndiaGlitz

[Monday, January 07, 2008]

Ayngaran International and Eros Multimedia have officially announced that superstar Rajnikanth, ace director Shankar, and music wizard A. R. Rahman are teaming up once again for their new film 'Robot'.

'Robot' is all set to become grand and entertaining film ever made in Indian cinema. The movie will be simultaneously produced in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and other languages. 'Robot' will have the state-of-the-art technology.

Eros International is an established global player in the fast-growing Indian media and entertainment arena. It has built a successful business model around the release of 30 new films every year and has film library containing more than 1,300 titles, making it one of the largest content owners in the business. Eros has the possession of the distribution rights for films including 'Devdas', 'Om Shanti Om', 'Munna Bhai MBBS', and 'Partner'.
Eros is now producing and co-producing around 70 films in Hindi with leading artists such as Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan. 

Ayngaran has been the pioneers in Tamil Film Distribution in theatrical and home video formats in the International Market. The History of Ayngaran business dates back to 1987 when it had the vision to acquire the International Rights across formats of many Tamil films that became blockbusters.

The Ayngaran library has over 1500 films including 'Sivaji', "Padayappa', 'Chandramukhi', 'Mudhalvan', 'Indian', 'Jeans', 'Boys', 'Pokkiri', 'Gilli', 'Sivakasi', 'Kaathalukku Mariyadhai', 'Alaipayuthey', 'Kandukondain Kandukondain', 'Kannathil Muthamittal' and 'Billa 2007' amongst others. 

As far as 'Robot' is concerned, it is like a roller coaster ride for the movie, as Shankar has been contemplating with many names for his dream project. First it was said that Kamal Haasan would act in it. Then Vikram's name surfaced. Post 'Sivaji', we heard that Hrithik Roshan would be the dream hero. Then came the name of Aamir Khan. Finally Shankar made an official announcement that it would be Shahrukh Khan, who would don the role in his most intimate project.

However, it came as a setback to the director when Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan had pulled out from the project. Some leading Tamil magazines speculated that Ajith would be roped in. but finally superstar has agreed to act in the movie and that puts an end to all speculations about the project.

Since the project would cost hundred crore rupees, it goes without saying that it needs a star like Rajini, who has incredible market value, to redeem the money and ensure profit for the investors.

Two heroines for 'Robot'?

IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 08, 2008]

Within 24 hours of official announcement of Shankar & Rajini's Robot, the rumour mills have started working actively. The latest buzz in Kollywood is that 'Robot', the grand and possibly the biggest film in Indian history, would have two heroines. Nayantara and Deepika Padukone are said to be the twin heroines of the movie.

Both Sources: Indiaglitz

Thanks for sharing the flash news, Pokkri.

Wow!! So this is confirmed news!?
Wow again!! It looked like Ajith had his hopes high on this one. After all, who would not like to team up with the MEGA Director Shankar? Robot has been in the news on and off for at least 10 years now πŸ˜‰

I believe some Rajini fans who felt that Shankar did not do a good job in Sivaji, will be disappointed that Rajini is teaming up with Shankar again.
And 100 crores, thala suthudhu pa.. 😲

Oh.. I almost forgot to add..
Let's see if Nayantara can keep her spot fixed..
And Deepika Padukone with Rajini?!!!.. konjam too much dhan. But before that, some one has to feed Deepika a lot of mum..mum πŸ˜‰
yes that is the hot news in all news channels now

thanks payya

before robot another film of rajni to be released directed by P.vasu.A remake film.
Yupe, 100 crores is something so faint for πŸ˜†

I also heard, Robot story went to many hands before it ended up with Rajini,
I went to Kamal, SRK, and now Rajini uncleπŸ˜†

Deepak wont act, so maybe Nayan or Trisha will be lucky πŸ˜‰

Thx Payya for sharing.
Nayan Tara? She'll soon become the actress to hv done most number of movies with Rajni

I think Trisha will be lucky. Trisha was the first considered for Sivaji, so I guess it will eb compensated with this.
Y'all,
If this is true and it all works out, let's hope Trisha gets the role. She's a role model for many kids and adults alike. She's got good command of the southern market, a good fan following and am sure she wants it too.
And there's going to be competition for the comedian too. Anyone challenging Vivek? Don't say Vadivelu-he's hero material nowadays.
Who ever gets paired with the great superstar, he's a thata trying to play a teenager, good luck to him too.
And this number 100 is being thrown around nowadays like it's an ordinary number.
thx thambi its something i really cannot wait for if its true.
http://www.rajinifans.com/

Yes, it's true UP.
Here are some links to the commemeration of the superstar's/teemooka speeches as I copied it.
A movie that ran 175 days, got 180 crores so far and shields for it's hero and heroine. How many movies get this sort of recognition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtxx4ZmJ2Js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?=Imra4N7G6BI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qzhzAUg1HU&feature=related