Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
OK, now I am tired. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Thank you everyone but I know in the heart of hearts, we all agree that there are good songs and bad songs in both eras. I enjoyed debating and I enjoyed listening to the songs quoted and some of you "oldies" brought lyrics of songs that I forgot had existed. Thank you. πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Edited by Karthikka - 16 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Vinu, if all media have been repeating this song Kalyanam thann katti kette odipolama, its so obvious that everyone is much more in new song despite what the meaning is😊. If you open Sun Music, out of 100 calls on that day, 98% of the dedication songs are from the new movies. This partially proves the world vote I was talking about. No way of us being the weak teamπŸ˜‰. Besides your team had beautifully quoted out many new songs for us which in one proofs the new songs still remains within you.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† despite how bad the meanings are. Its difficult for me to quote many old songs as reference because I'm simply not impressed with any of those lyricsπŸ˜•. In fact, I can't quote fast like how you quoted our new songs😊.

Jasunap wrote : you are right...probably voting will get all the teens and youngsters to vote for the new songs.  but then they are just the flavour of the day/week/month/year.  they do not have the sustainability that the songs of the 60s continue to have even today 40 years later....i wonder how many people will remember most of the new songs in 20 years time...

Now jas dear, lets not go to 20 years time cause in 20 years time, the songs I'm supporting now will be old πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Jasunap wrote : excellent choice of songs. now you see what we mean.  you are able to pick three songs at random....when it comes to beautiful lyrics, soulful tunes, and refreshing music.

every where the point seems to be settling around the lyrics.  but then the lyrics alone dont make a song... there are many disaster where the lyrics have been wonderful but the music and rendition have not made the songs popular....and absolutely crass lyrics done with a little catchy tune has become popular.  so the reasons for a song to be popular and loved has to be the lyrics, the meaning, the emotion conveyed by the singer, the rendition, the soulfulness and oh so many other factors all put together!! from among 2000 songs of today you pick three good ones. 

You want more dear…. Well im willing to go on and on its just I don't think it wud fit this page. But here are some good ones after 2000…..

love songs :

Movie : Sivaji

Sahana Saral Thoovutho(male)

Sahara pookal Poothatho oooo

En vinveli thalaikimal thiranthatho ada da(male)

Antha vennila veetukul Nulaynthatho

Athu ennudun thenir kondatho

kanavo Nijamo,kathal Manthiramo(female)

oru aayiram aandukal semitha kaathal Ithu(male)

Noor aayiram aandukal thaaandiyum vaalum Ithu

Good lyrics…..

Movie : Mozli

katrinnn mozhiyee...oliyyaaa? isaiyyaa?

poovinnn mozhiii....neerumma? mannumma?

kadalinnn mozhiii...alaiyyaAAaa? nuraiyyaaa?

kaadhalll mozhiii...vizhiyyaaAAaa? izdhalaaaa?

iyarkeyin mozhigal purinthu vidu

manitharin mozhigal thevai-illai

ithaiyathin mozhigal purinthu vidu

manitharikku mozhiye thevai-illaiiiiiii

marriage

movie : Paccaikilli Muthucharam

un sirippinil un sirippinil

en manadhin paadhiyum poaga

un imaigalin kan imaigalin

min paarvaiyil meedhiyum thaeya

hmm indru naetru endru illai

yaen indha nilai

hmm unnai kanda naalirundhae

naan seyyum pizhai

Movie : Sillundre ore Kadhal

Song : New York Nagaram

pechellam thaalatu pola.. ennai uranga vaika nee illai..

dinamum oru muttham thanthu kaalai coffee koduka nee illai..

Vizhyil vizhum thoosi thannai.. eduka neeingu illai

manathil ezhum kuzhappam thannai theerka neeingu illaiii.

Naan inge neeyum ange..intha thanimai nimishangal varusham aanatheno

Vaan inge neelam ange intha uvamaiku iruvarum vizhakamanthu eno..

What else is needed more? And Fluid, I don't have to read the songs that have been quoted for the old section because if I do, I would be fast asleepπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰.

fuuuh im soooo tired now. Time for a cup of coffee😳

Edited by netra_rama - 16 years ago
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Karthikka

Thottal poo malarum is a GOLDEN OLDIE dear heart. πŸ˜ƒ

if you say so, but still an oldieπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
girivanam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Oh already 5 pages? 😳  πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†. Excellent job Caryn, Karthika and Netra πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘. Wonderful work by the other team also  πŸ‘  πŸ‘.

I jus had few mins to go through some of the arguments of the other team and I am really surprised and at the same time happy to see the song 'Kalyanam than kattikittu odipolama' featured in every page.

I wish to clarify certain things here -

It is an accepted fact that tamizh CANNOT be used without the liberal usage of words from other languages especially English ( I myself am afraid of going on in tamizh language - i may not be understood correctly and quickly πŸ˜‰), so join the bandwagon is my policy now.

Have you heard the song ilaiya nila pozhigiradhu from Payanangal mudivadhilai

"Mugilinangal alaigiradhe mugavarigal tholaindanavo
    mugavarigal thavariyadhal azhudhidumo adhu mazhaiyo"

- what an imagination ? But how many understand this?

I was mentioning this stanza to my teenage cousin and he asked me why shud this Mukil character wander around the streets looking for his girl friend and cry πŸ˜• 😭 (I am crying here)
I am sure he wud hv understood the meaning clearly if the lyrics were something like

"Loosu megam loosu megam loosu megam
    Kirukku thanama neeyum ippo loosa sutthure
    Address tholanjiccha, azhugai vandichha
    En mel en mel adhanal mazhai vanduccha?"

Kalyana maalai kondadum pennae - is a wonderful song, I agree - but don't we need 2 hands to clap? This song teaches how a wife shud be? If the song had included the husband also - I wud have been very happy and remixed it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

Coming back to 'Kalyanam than kattikittu' - the story is about an honest police officer who runs(literally) hunting down criminals and a herione who is impressed by him and falls in love with the man in uniform. The song beautifully implies the way how a couple shud discuss about every issue affecting their lives -

The hero asks "kalyanam than kattikittu odi polama illai odi poi kalyanam than kattikalama?" - means can i continue my criminal hunt after the marriage or do I clean up the city before marriage?

The heroine says "thaaliyathan kattikittu pethukalama ?"- Thaali means - thattu /plate (seer thattu); pethukalama means can we get? so it means can we receive the seer thattu after the sacred mangalyam is tied?

"illai pulla kutti petthukittu kattikalama?" - the norm of the day is build your own house - so the heroine asks - shall we construct a house after the children are born.

I have not yet finished...I am going to my construction site πŸ˜ƒ ...  will come back recharged  πŸ˜‰

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Wow...way to go old and new team πŸ‘ πŸ‘
I was esp shocked ober the new team cause only Karthi and Giri sis was
active but then Caryn and Nets come with a bang - late a vandalum, latesta
vantheenga πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Two of the songs here made a big contrivance cause of the lyrics n was hot
topics in so many aratai arangams πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Way to go Giriadimai πŸ‘ πŸ‘ superb explanation for the Saamy song... πŸ˜ƒ im amazed 😳
Vani19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well said Giri πŸ‘ πŸ‘. I'm impressed with you gals 😊
sankadevi30 thumbnail
nice hot debate

giri chance illa πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
jenim thumbnail
Originally posted by: giriadimai

Have you heard the song ilaiya nila pozhigiradhu from Payanangal mudivadhilai

"Mugilinangal alaigiradhe mugavarigal tholaindanavo
    mugavarigal thavariyadhal azhudhidumo adhu mazhaiyo"

- what an imagination ? But how many understand this?

I was mentioning this stanza to my teenage cousin and he asked me why shud this Mukil character wander around the streets looking for his girl friend and cry πŸ˜• 😭 (I am crying here)
I am sure he wud hv understood the meaning clearly if the lyrics were something like

"Loosu megam loosu megam loosu megam
    Kirukku thanama neeyum ippo loosa sutthure
    Address tholanjiccha, azhugai vandichha
    En mel en mel adhanal mazhai vanduccha?"

I'm spellbound!

What an awesome explanation with "Loosu Megam"!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Paattukku paatteduthu
Naan paaduvathu kekkaliya?
Sandai paattu enna enru