Lead India

Why Lead India wont work??

Tabi_tabbsum thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
All of us must be well aware of the Lead India campaign started by the Times Of India group. Yet a brief overview in their own words.I think this is just another talent hunt program and is not going to help India politics or democracy in any way. The very reach of this program is limited to literate English speaking class of Indians.The real aam aadmi who decides the governments and hence the policies that govern us is far from basic primary education, leave alone English newspaper or television medium.real politics will still be nothing but manipulating numbers. untill basic education is given to each and every Indian citizen, it is stupid to expect rational thinking and unbiased opinion from him/her.All that this contest will do is provide limelight to a bunch of opportunistic small time socialites, bring dinner table discussion on national television and increase the revenue of mobile companies through premium priced SMS and call services.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am sorry but I think I would disagree on this. ๐Ÿ˜Š True that with SMS system and reachability issue, Lead India may not be as popular as it should be. But still I wont take this as a mere talent hunt show. They may not be known very well, but they will be at least known by some people.That is their first step. Now, first of all the contestants of this show are not a mere socialites, they are highly respected in their professions with an history of social work. Some of these contestants have also worked on grass root level. So these are the people who not only have worked for the society but who also have an urge to do something more for the country. I will not equate such contestants with some singing or dancing teen contestant of a musical or comedy show.The contest may not make these contestant instantly famous but it will help them in putting faith in themselves for their own initiative to lead their country. As Dipayan Dey rightly said 'A leader cannot be eliminated'. I am sure in days to come we will hear more about Dipayen Dey, Ujwal Bannerjee, R K Misra, Devang Nanavati and Abha Singh.
Tabi_tabbsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: monu1101

I am sorry but I think I would disagree on this. ๐Ÿ˜Š True that with SMS system and reachability issue, Lead India may not be as popular as it should be. But still I wont take this as a mere talent hunt show. They may not be known very well, but they will be at least known by some people.That is their first step. Now, first of all the contestants of this show are not a mere socialites, they are highly respected in their professions with an history of social work. Some of these contestants have also worked on grass root level. So these are the people who not only have worked for the society but who also have an urge to do something more for the country. I will not equate such contestants with some singing or dancing teen contestant of a musical or comedy show.The contest may not make these contestant instantly famous but it will help them in putting faith in themselves for their own initiative to lead their country. As Dipayan Dey rightly said 'A leader cannot be eliminated'. I am sure in days to come we will hear more about Dipayen Dey, Ujwal Bannerjee, R K Misra, Devang Nanavati and Abha Singh.

hey no sorry monnu...everyone has d/f ways of thinking so if u disagree then its mean u hv d/f point of thinking and thds gooood๐Ÿ‘
monu_tan thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tabi_tabbsum

hey no sorry monnu...everyone has d/f ways of thinking so if u disagree then its mean u hv d/f point of thinking and thds gooood๐Ÿ‘

You should'nt say sorry dear๐Ÿ˜› I understand two people can have two different views.. And its works that way..๐Ÿ˜Š And you may call me Monika..๐Ÿ˜‰ monnu is something my mumma calls me๐Ÿ˜† and i hate๐Ÿ˜ก that name in public๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Tabi_tabbsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: monu1101

You should'nt say sorry dear๐Ÿ˜› I understand two people can have two different views.. And its works that way..๐Ÿ˜Š And you may call me Monika..๐Ÿ˜‰ monnu is something my mumma calls me๐Ÿ˜† and i hate๐Ÿ˜ก that name in public๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Ž

monika sorry 4 monnu in public๐Ÿ˜†...ohhh i think i m changing topic๐Ÿ˜Š
monu_tan thumbnail
I was jokin u may call me watever u want dear.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ