Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na

Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na Articles - Page 2

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Siddarth: From ramp to television

Siddarth Shukla is the latest model to make his debut in Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Chootey Na.

First runner-up of a manhunt contest, this six feet two inches tall model, will play husband to the protagonist Aastha Chaudhary.

Now the big question is if Siddarth is able to emote. Male models have not been too successful on the big screen. Barring John Abraham hardly anybody has made it big.

Poor guys are often considered wooden-faced irrespective of their talent. Not fair, we agree. Anyway for now let's wait and see if Siddarth is able to break that stereotype.

It may be a woman-oriented show, but if the boy can act he will definitely stand out. Over to Siddarth!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/S iddarth_From_ramp_to_television/articleshow/2764327.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail

These days most channels prefer newcomers to play main leads in daily soaps. But Chavi Hussain who shot to fame with Tumhari Disha three years ago was Sony's most preferred choice to play Aastha in Babul Ka Aangan Chhotey Na while producer Ratna Sinha wanted newcomer Aashtha Chaudhary to play the lead role. Generally channels have their way and producers follow the channel's decision. Had Sony been adamant, Ratna would have gone with the channel's choice but for Sanjay Upadhyay's intervention. Apparently Upadhyay, Sony's programming and creative head, believes in giving ample freedom to producers and wanted Ratna to have a free hand in deciding on the actor for the lead role. Ratna opted for Aastha and Chavi who had almost bagged the role lost in the end.

www.deccan.com
animateash thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ps:iqbal_neha pleejj no coememnts u cna discuss in d gievn theradd 😛 😉

Aasth-Subh ....Height of LOVE

do check dis outt reli cute article

luv ash
xo silent tears thumbnail
Tanjrum Boy!

Mehul Kajaria who is doing the negative character of Vinay Joshi in Babul Ka Aagann Chootey Na is apparently very moody. He keeps asking for adjustment of dates and leave to the scheduler on the sets all the time. As a result the shooting schedule gets disturbed and other actors are made to wait for long hours. It is strange that he is doing only this show and has a very important role yet he is not particular about his work. Some boys never learn their lessons.

Hope his habit of asking for leave doesn't result in his permanent leave in future as in today's times replacement is the order of the day and there is no dearth of actors wanting work.

TALL ORDER

The two boys in Ratan Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Chootey Na, Siddarth Shukla and Faizan Kidwai are being addressed as Amitabh Bachchan courtesy their height which is six feet two inches and six feet one inch respectively. A little birdie tells us that both are very friendly with each other although their on-screen characters are contrasting.

All other co-stars look small in front of them and the joke is that there is not one but two Amitabh Bachchans on the sets. They are left with no choice but to look up to them while performing scenes with them and they are too tall to fit in on the TV screen.

Well guys if Big B can fit in on the TV screen so can you. This is no tall order.

Success goes to Aamir Ali's head

A stint with success and popularity and our stars fly high with dollops of attitude. One such actor is Aamir Ali. Our sources tell us that Aamir Ali was part of Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na's pilot and was considered for the lead role of Shubh Ranawat which is now being essayed by Siddarth Shukla.

A little birdie who was a part of the pilot shoot tells us that Aamir apparently threw a lot of attitude on the sets without showing due respect even to seniors like Gufi Paintal. This apparently led to the casting of a new face, Siddarth Shukla. Siddarth has done many ads like Bajaj, Fair and Lovely Man's active and Siyaram. He also is Gladrags Man Hunt 2004 runner-up.

Well Aamir has nothing to worry as long he and his girlfriend Sanjeeda Sheikh are in Ekta Kapoor's good books

Edited by xo silent tears - 16 years ago
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Not without a daughter!
6 Mar 2008, 0000 hrs IST,AMRITA MULCHANDANI,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
A still from Sapnaa Babul Ka — Bidaai More pics

Finally, something new's happening in television's family dramas.

While our sobbing bahus and scheming ma-in-laws continue to add to the tearjerking moments, there's a brand new face on the anvil too.

The daughters seem to have taken over prime time on national television and how! At last count there are 15 family sagas (think Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi, Annu Ki Ho Gayee Waah Bhai Waah, Sapnaa Babul Ka — Bidaai, Dahhej, Kahe Na Kahe, Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann, Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na ... the list goes on) — all of which have a devoted, dutiful daughter as the centre of attraction.

So what makes a daughter grab eyeballs in a medium that has been dominated by kanjeevaram-clad women involved in kitchen politics and ensuring their three-hankie presence in our boudoirs?

Channel heads and production houses claim that the focus hasn't changed overnight, but gradually. With the average age of a lead star in a TV show ranging between 16-20 years, sometimes, it doesn't seem practical to drape a teenager into a married woman's garb right away.

And hopefully, some of them also keep in mind that the remote control also rests in the hand of the urban Indian woman who can also be a decision-maker and a breadwinner. We asked people in the trade, about the change and came up with interesting answers.

Vivek Bahl, senior creative head of a leading channel points out, "Young women are huge drivers of TRPs on channels today. So, television needs to connect to younger audiences. That's where a young protagonist comes in and peps up the storyline. Young girls today want choices, a say in their marriage and career. We needed to offer them a glimpse of a world beyond the saas-bahu shows." Sreejita De of Annu Ki Ho Gayee Waah Bhai Waah , feels the audience is "bored of watching the same kind of shows and needs a change."

Most in the television industry feel, long-running saas-bahu serials have reached a saturation point. "Saas-bahu dramas are artificial and sometimes the audience can't relate to them. A daughter's relationship with her parents is beautiful and makes for a refreshing change," says, Rajan Shahi, producer and series director of Sapnaa Babul Ka — Bidaai . Agrees debutante Aastha Chaudhary who's acting in Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na , "Most people say that saas-bahu soaps are too unreal and overdone.

On the other hand not too many shows have been made on daughters and their parents, and even the audience connects to them." Ragini Khanna of Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi , feels, "The audience wants something new everyday and production houses have to cater to popular demand."

As long as the telly daughters whip up enough TRPs in their frothy trek to your homes every night, they'll continue to reign.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Not _without_a_daughter_/articleshow/2840086.cms
sanober. thumbnail

Sony Revamps their Prime Time Slots

Due to Sony's Babul Ka Angan Chootey Na's over whelming popularity in the non metro cities, Sony has decided to re-schedule their entire prime-time slot. Read on to know where your favorite shows have been placed...
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2025
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Aastha Choudhary pays the price!!

The protagonist of Baabul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa, Aastha Choudhury got hurt, trying to kick-box her co-star on the set. Check details..

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2047

sanober. thumbnail
Aastha Chaudhary, the Babul ka Aangan Chootey Na actor, says she feels uncomfortable with the current Bollywood scenario

Her posters are all over town and Aastha Chaudhary is feeling over the moon. "When I came to Mumbai from my hometown in Rajasthan, my biggest desire was to see myself on the huge hoardings near Juhu Beach. And, yesterday I saw myself there! It was the most memorable moment of my life."

Also unforgettable is the time when she bagged the lead role in the show. "I was doing a cameo in Zee TV's Rakhi. I had an off from work, so I decided to go for the Babul…audition. Thankfully, they liked what they saw," she remembers.

Aastha adds, "I was studying engineering but was also doing theatre. Since I enjoyed acting, I gave myself six months to get into television. Fortunately, I got work in the stipulated period."

Surprisingly, Aastha doesn't harbour any Bollywood dreams. "I am a middle-class girl from a conservative family. I can't imagine myself doing today's films. I am happy doing television," she says.

Coming back to her show, she says, "I am very much like my character Aastha Joshi—simple and responsible. Also, I am very family-oriented and dislike going out much. But yes, Aastha in the show is more understanding than I am."

Incidentally, the show spotlights the conflict between the maayka and sasural, which an average Indian woman often confronts.

And how is Aastha adjusting to her new life in Mumbai? "This city is too fast-paced. But yes, it's also the safest. A girl can travel home safely even late in the night.

Right now, I am staying as a paying guest with a friend. I am hardly at home because I am on the sets for 18-19 hours everyday. Work is stressful but I am enjoying it all the same," she answers.

sanober. thumbnail
I am and will always be a learner : Aastha Choudhary

Recently we caught up with Astha Chowdhary who is playing the female lead in 'Babul Ka Aangan Chutte Nah'. During a brief chat she talked about her new serial, career and future plans. Here are the excerpts.

Q: Tell us something about yourself.
A: I am originally from Alwar in Rajasthan and am here in Mumbai only for the last nine months.

Q: Did you come wot Mumbai to become an actress?
A: Yes, I was interested in acting always. Actually, I was studying engineering in Jaipur and though of trying my luck in this field
Q: How did you got this serial?
A: I was called for the auditions, I appeared for it and I got the role. Initially, I was not keen to go for the auditions. It was my holiday when they called me up. I thought to give it a chance and here I am.

Q: So you can say it all happened by luck?
A: Not exactly. Before I got through, I had to undergo a couple of screen tests.

Q: Aastha, have you done any acting before?
A: Yes. I have done a small cameo in 'Saat Phere' for 10-15 days where I played the role of Urmila. Then I played a role of Gunjan in 'Rakhi'.

Q: Why did you choose to do this serial?
A: I always wanted to do a family program. When I heard the concept of this serial, I really loved it. It was a story of a sweet family girl with whom I can relate.

Q: What is the USP of this serial?
A: The relationship of daughter and father is the USP of this serial. The storyline is really outstanding.

Q: Don't you think that the channels are being flooded with melodramas these days?
A: Yes, they are. But I feel that if your content is good then people would love to watch it. The issues raised in this serial are something which happens with every girl in real life once she gets married. Everyone including the father, mother and daughter can relate with our serial.

Q: Were you always interested in acting?
A: Yes. As a kid I did a telefilm for DD channel. But I was so small then that it was beyond my level of understanding what is happening.

Q: So you are not new to acting?
A: Of course I am. According to me, I am and will always be a learner.

Q: The date of the serial's launch is drawing close. Are you not feeling scared or nervous?
A: I am really pretty scared and nervous. Our serial is replacing 'Viruddh' which was a big serial. Also it feels good to play role the lead in my first major serial. Everyone's money and efforts have been put into this serial so I just pray to God that I would be able to live up to everybody's expectations.

Q: How was your first day at the shoot?
A: It was really good. Previously in 'Rakhi' I was playing a very bubbly kinda girl whereas here I had to act like a very calm and composed girl. So I really had to take out that chirpy girl out of my mind to justify with the character.

Q: What is your final destination, films or serials?
A: I want to do only serials, no films. I come from a middle class family, so I don't want to disappoint my parents. I wanted to do a sweet role, nothing else. And now I am happy with my small screen.

Q: Anything interesting happened on the sets so far?
A: Recently I was made a 'bakra' by the participants of 'Champion Chalbaaz'. It was a very bad experience for me. Our director who is generally very calm suddenly started shouting at me. I was wondering what went wrong. I cried like hell. I had no clue what was happening. And it was all being recorded. After seeing this people will think that I am so silly, which I am not.

Q: How is your tuning with producer (Ratna Sinha) and director (Maqbool Khan)?
A: They both are very sweet and cooperative.

Q: What is your current state of mind?
A: I am very relieved right now. I am giving my 100%, rest all depends on the audience. I hope they like my work.
shruti thumbnail

Rahul dreams big

Rahul Roy became a star overnight after the success of Aashiqui in the 90s and then disappeared for a decade till last year when he won the title of The Big Boss on Sony television. However, the actor has decided not to do any more television, as he desires to return to the silver screen. According to sources, the actor was recently approached by Ratna Sinha of Baabul Ka Aangan Chhootey Na to play a very pivotal role opposite Itishree Singh who plays a second lead as Aastha's sister in the serial. But the actor refused the offer saying that he is not interested in television anymore. Interestingly, the role will now be played by yesteryear cricketer Sandeep Patil.

www.deccan.com