Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na

Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na Articles - Page 17

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Stars and their superstitions

Aastha Choudhary

I do have some superstitions! My lucky no is 2 because I was born on July 20. So, whenever I start something new, I try to involve the number 2 in it! But I am not so superstitious also that having a 2 is mandatory! I am logical enough to realise that it is not always possible. I am also very particular about Saturdays. I do not know why but I never start anything new on Saturdays.
The other superstition I am particular about is to request the director not to say 'Cut' after my first shot, but to indicate in some other way that the shot is over. I feel saying 'Cut' will spoil my whole day and effect my performance as well! Even as a kid, I had many superstitions. The most common one being the tendency to use my lucky pen during my board exams.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail

Babul to be replaced by Kabhi Socha Na Tha...

Rashmi Sharma's thriller Kabhi Socha Na Tha will replace Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na from February 9th...

niveditha thumbnail
The memory of that day is troubling me

A page from the personal diary of Aastha Chaudhary

Tomorrow, 23rd of Jan, is the last day of shoot of my show Babul Ka Aangan Chhootey Na. Exactly a year ago, on the same day we saw the first telecast of our show. It was such a memorable day for me. Today, the memory of that day is troubling me.

I can't stop reminiscing how happy I was. Not just me but every one on the sets was so happy and excited. The entire cast and crew was eagerly waiting for the telecast and all of us watched the first episode together. I can't explain how special it was.

The set of Babul… was like a home to me. All of us used to spend around 15-16 hours a day on the sets. Now that the show is abruptly going off air, I am very sad. But more than anything else, I am sad for the crew members who are dependent on this show to run their kitchen. It feels very bad whenever a show comes to an end. Every one felt that the news of our show going off air was merely a rumour until an announcement was made on the sets that the show was going off air on February 5.

Now that I have free time on my hand, I will be going back home to meet my parents. Once I return I will start looking for work and I will take up something only if I really like it. I do not mind sitting at home but I will only take up work that I like. At the moment, I am keen on playing a young character but I feel it will be difficult getting such a role after playing the role of a bahu. Though, I don't mind playing a bahu once again. I never had an issue playing such a role. Unlike many other actresses, I always wanted to play the typical protagonist of a daily soap doing rona dhona as these kinds of roles soon get popular with the masses. Viewers sympathise with them and adore them.

I don't know where my life will head from here on but I will make a point to stay in touch with the cast and crew of this show. Babul… and its team will always stay close to my heart.

niveditha thumbnail

India Shining!!

Is India really shining or has the potential to shine? We queried few telly stars and they have shared their thoughts ...

Aastha Choudhury:

Do you think India is shining?

Yes I think India is shining as we all know that most of the countries outsource doctors and engineers from India. In that way, we are all well known outside our country too.

What do we need to improve upon to be a developed nation?

I think education is the only field which can help India to develop. So the Government should encourage more and more institutions and provide more scholarships to the needy.

One thing that you've learned from last year as an Indian..

We have learnt that our security system is very weak, and we need to work on that..

The most proud moment of India according to you, of last year..

The proud moment was when everybody was out to protest on the road against terrorism.

Which politician/personality you think has the potential to be Indian Obama and why?

I think all the young and budding politicians should be given the task of managing the country, while the older ones should step back.

niveditha thumbnail

:)

niveditha thumbnail

Happy ending for Babul Ka Aangann..

Finally, there is some reason for Aastha to smile, as the show on Sony will see a happy ending on February 5...

niveditha thumbnail
Aastha takes a break

After Babul Ka Aangan Chhute Na (Sony TV) wrapping up on February 5, lead actress Aastha Chaudhary is enjoying her free time at home watching loads of television shows and movies.

Speaking about her imposed holiday, Aastha says, "I watching a lot of serials and films. I regularly watch Kitani Mohabbat Hai and Balika Vadhu. I really like the chemistry shared between the lead couple. After Aamna and Rajeev, they are the hottest couple on the small screen. As for movies, I saw Dev D, Slumdog and Luck By Chance. I want to see Raaz as well."

But the actress is not just being a couch potato. She's also taken up a few hobbies. Aastha says, "I've engaged myself with painting and I love it. I also hang out at Inorbit mall which is very close to my home. I like singing so I have Karaoke sessions at my place. And then I am on Facebook toh online rehti hu toh time nikal hi jaata hai."

Aastha went to her hometown Alwar soon after she wrapped up with her shooting. She returned to Mumbai just yesterday. She admits to having eaten and slept a lot during her trip, adding, "I also met my friends, including my school friends and teachers. When I went to my school, Baal Bharti, all the cute small kids came up to me and told me that they were regular viewers of Babul. They even called me 'Aastha didi'. It was such a nice feeling. I gave all of them my autograph even though my hands started to hurt after a while. It was just so sweet of them."

The actress also made sure she did her fair share of shopping on the trip, saying, "I didn't buy much for myself but my friends told me to get various things for them such as bandhini dresses, sarees and this sweet called 'milkcake', which is a delicacy in my native place. So I bought loads of that. For myself, I bought a peach colored lehenga to wear to my cousin's marriage next month and a saree for my mom."

When asked whether she is missing shooting for Babul, Aastha says, "Abhi toh 10 din hi hue hain, now I'll start missing it as I realise it's high time I get back to work. I do miss Babul and my co-stars. I am in touch with many of them such as Navniji, Vaishali, Siddharth and Itishree. In fact, we're planning to meet up soon. I owe a lot to the show. Apart from name and fame, Babul has taught me what 'acting' is; it has taught me how to face the camera."

Aastha is all set to get back to work and is looking forward to doing different kinds of shows. She says, "I want to do something like Mile Jab Hum Tum, which has a tinge of comedy. As for reality shows, I want to participate in Nach Baliye but the problem is that I don't have a Baliye," laughs the actress.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090209_47

niveditha thumbnail
Telly Stars revive V-Day Memories

On Valentine's Day, a day when lovers all over the world express their affection for each other, we asked our telly stars about their childhood Valentines and their plans for today.

Kamya Punjabi:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was in college. Although I never believed in it, I got to know what Valentine's was all about when I used to see guys gifting flowers and gifts to girls.
My childhood Valentine: I don't remember my childhood Valentine but I remember being very excited about Valentine's Day. I used to buy gifts and cards and gift them to myself!

My plans for the day: As I said, I don't believe in it. I'll be shooting throughout the day and if I get time in the evening, I may go out for dinner.

Aastha Chaudhary:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was in my first year of college. The whole college would celebrate. The students couldn't wait for Valentine's Day, especially the boys.

My childhood Valentine:
It has always been Hrithik Roshan. He's my first love and I am still crazy for him.

My plans for the day: No plans as such as I am single. Like every Valentine's Day, it will be sookha-sookha. I may catch up with my friends and go out for dinner.

Shayantani Ghosh:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was during the launch of Dil Toh Pagal Hai when I was in standard 11. The video for that song, with all those heart balloons, showed Valentine's Day in a very mushy way.

My childhood Valentine: No one. I don't believe in all this.

My plans for the day:
I've taken an off from work today. I've a friend who has a book opening so I'll be going there. After that, I'll probably watch Billu in the evening.

Damini Anand:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was in college when a guy who had a huge crush on me gifted me a huge teddy bear and flowers.

My childhood Valentine: It was in my school when I was 15. There was this guy who was very shy and very cute. We both wished each other and went to a coffee shop. I was very happy.

My plans for the day: I'll be shooting for Maayka and, as I am single, I'll go and shop for myself and make myself happy! If I get time in the evening, I might go for a movie.

Ali Merchant:

I properly understood Valentine's Day when I was in college. I saw a lot of my friends proposing to beautiful girls but I was always single.

My childhood Valentine:
When I was in the fifth standard, I had a crush on my English teacher. She was damn pretty and sweet and all the guys liked her.

My plans for the day: Sara is in Kerala for Bidaai so I am single this year too despite having a love in my life. I'll be shooting for my show Ghar Ek Sapna.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090214_85

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, February 14, 2009