Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na Articles - Page 4

Posted: 15 years ago

Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa gets Mysterious..

Come April 14th, a thriller element will be introduced in the story of Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa. Get to know the complications that looms large on Aastha now..
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2259
Siddharth Shukla, better known as Shubh Ranawat from Sony TV's Babul Ka Angan Chootey Na, is on a high these days.

He was the first Indian to win the title of Best Model of the World in Turkey, in 2005. He was happy with modelling, until he realised that acting offered more opportunities to unleash his creativity.

"I auditioned for Shub Ranawat's role and was selected immediately. I am happy that I took the decision and am cherishing every moment of the show," says Siddharth.

Not many know that Siddharth is an interior designer. After his acting days are done, Siddharth plans on taking it up as a profession.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/apr/09tv.htm

Thriller track to bring about a twist
12 Apr 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
Aastha Chowdhary (TOI Photo) More pics
Rona dhona and family drama is fine, but at the end of the day, it's thriller tracks that can help bring about twists and turns in a show.

That's exactly why Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na is set to have a thriller track soon. And for that the hunt for the main actor is on.

Varun Badola, Iqbal Khan and Chetan Hansraj have been approached by producer by producer Ratna Sinha and the Babul team. Now who among these will finally enter the show? And how will will the story be connected to the main protagonist Aastha? Let's wait and watch.
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Thr iller_track_to_bring_about_a_twist/articleshow/2944931.cms
I enjoy crying on screen'
13 Apr 2008, 0000 hrs IST,ROSHINI OLIVERA,TNN

BEING HERSELF: Aastha Chaudhary (TOI Photo)

Aastha Chaudhary, who plays the main lead in Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Chootey Na, is a qualified computer engineer. But destiny had different plans for the girl. She's happy pursuing a career in acting, she tells BT...

Your onscreen wedding just took place in the show... we hear you were very excited?
It was wonderful and as authentic! The dresses I wore were almost 25 kgs! It was an experience to remember as there are many years left for my actual wedding. I am too young right now to think of marriage.

You have a lot of crying to do in the show...
I enjoy crying on screen as I am a sensitive person. Whenever I have emotional scenes with my on-screen father Vijay Kashyap I visualise my father in his place and cry naturally. I hardly use glycerine as I can cry at the drop of a hat.

So you are quite similar to the character you portray?
In many ways. I am from a middle-class family. I'm a typical Indian girl and as sensitive as Aastha. Of course, she is more perfect than I am.

How did acting happen to you? Your parents weren't too happy with your decision....
In the final year of engineering I used to watch plays in Jaipur and did one or two plays. Then I realised I had the flair for acting so decided to give it a shot for six months. My parents were apprehensive initially, but they are happy and proud of me now.

At one point you wanted to join the Air Force....
I used to and still love the Air Force uniform. Whenever I see someone in the air force uniform it makes me feel patriotic. The option of me joining air force was closed because of my height. If I was tall I would have been a pilot by now. I hope someday I get to do an air force background show.

Don't you think your engineering qualification is going waste?
Entertainment industry is very unstable. I atleast have an alternative career option in hand which counts. And that does make me feel secure.

Rahil Azam spices up Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa..
The very talented Rahil Azam will bring in a thriller element in Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa, as he is all set to play a very pivotal role..
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2288

By A.L. Chougule

Till a year ago it was difficult to think of a prime time show without the usual saas-bahu drama and conflict. But lately the focus has changed from the bahu to beti. Shows like Babul Ka Angan Chhootey Na, Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, Betiyaan, Amber Dhara, Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayegi, Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil and Maayka have daughters playing the main protagonists. What has triggered off this trend and why has the daughter-in-law lost her place to the daughter?

"It's a result of overkill of saas-bahu issues," feels Babul Ka Angan producer Ratna Sinha. She says the saas-bahu subject was done to death by covering every aspect of their conflict. "Viewers needed a break from the white and black characters," she adds. Producer-director Rajan Shahi who set up several shows like Betiyaan, Jassi, Millie, Viraasat and Kareena Kareena before becoming a producer with Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai feels that the saas-bahu shows were unreal and one-sided dramas.

"The characters were caricatures and there was no reality in the story. There was so much of manipulation and negativity that the whole thing looked one-dimensional and shallow," says Rajan. Interestingly, his show Bidaai is rocking the TRP charts and last week it was the top-rated show across all channels.

Well-known story and scriptwriter Rajesh Joshi who has written several serials like Kyunki, Kasauti, Kumkum and Saarthi, and is currently writing Teen Bahuraniyan and Solhah Singaar is of the view that Betiyaan Ghar Ki Lakshmi and Betiyaan Apna Ya Paraya Dhan set the change in motion. "Television can't do without a female protagonist. Once the daughter was accepted as the main protagonist, it was not difficult to change the focus from bahu to beti because essentially every channel follows the trend," says Rajesh.

Betiyaan producer Dheeraj Kumar feels the focus had to change because of the change in viewership profile. In his opinion, there is a huge segment of youth that is watching television today. "Hence the focus had to change to make identification easy with the protagonist's trials and tribulations," he says, adding further, "When youngsters provide the eyeballs, it doesn't make sense to have 40-plus characters as protagonists."

According to Rajan, having daughter as a protagonist gives a lot of scope to explore her relationship with her parents as well as in-laws. "Earlier in every show the daughter would get married in the first four episodes and the show would immediately become a saas-bahu drama," he adds.

Today the daughter gets married after 100 episodes. "Also, after marriage her old relationships are not snapped, which from the story point of view offers lot of scope to explore the different nuances of relationships," says Rajan. But Rajesh disagrees, "You have to follow the protagonist's journey. After marriage, the focus changes from maayka to sasural and gradually maayka goes out of focus. It has happened in Solhah Singaar where the Bhardwaj family is completely out of picture.

However, Vijay Kashyap who plays the protagonist's father in Babul Ka Angan feels that the change is a result of competition between channels. "One show worked on one channel and others are following the trend. But it's good that at least some change has happened," he adds. Concurs Rajesh doesn't disagree, "Everything has been tried out. Only the protagonist has changed but the substance is the same."

http://deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Betis %20take%20over%20from%20vitriolic%20bahus

Vaishali Nazareth TV act0r

Click here for photo gallery related to this article Enlarge Image

dabba@work
What's in your dabba today?Pomfret Fish Curry, brown rice and spinach.
What do you love to see in your dabba?Papite ka Paratha (prepared by my mom, Maureen) and Rasmalai.
What do you cringe to see in your dabba?I am a no-fuss eater, so, anything goes.
Who packs your dabba?My dad, Valerian.
Nutritionist jyoti lalwani suggests:
Vaishali's dabba is a heart-friendly mini meal that packs in all the necessary vitamins and minerals. It's best if the curry doesn't contain coconut.

Mid-Day
S idharth Shukla recently had an accident while riding a borrowed bike. The actor of Baabul ka Aangann Chhootey Naa, had sent his car for servicing and had borrowed a bike from the sets to get home after the shoot. The next morning, on his way to work, an auto came in his way. The bike skidded and Shukla's foot was injured. But he couldn't call in sick. He could attend to his injury only after pack-up. He needed an injection. When asked if he's scared of needles, Shukla laughed, "I used to be quite a daredevil as a little boy and hard- ly anything scares me.. least of all needles."

www.bodhtree.com

Ratna Sinha's Babul ka Aangann Chootey Na is one set where there is a mix of young and senior actors. The young actors in the show have created their own lingo for interaction among themselves as well as with the production people to the extent that they use pronouns like he and she for even inanimate objects.
Our Source's tells us that the actors and the unit are addressing each other as the opposite gender. For example the lead of the show Aastha Chaudhary is addressed as he and Siddarth Shukla as she. Aastha even addresses her vanity van as she. Recently a guest visited them on the sets and Aastha was addressing a male co-star as 'she' which completely confused the guest as he wondered if something was wrong with her.

This is called  a fun at work. Keep enjoying babul's..

yahoo.com