Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na Articles - Page 5

Posted: 15 years ago
Rahil Azam's got a split personality

Babul Ka Aangann to going to have a huge twist soon as the main protagonist Aashta Choudhary will have blast from the past. Rahil Azam, who last seen in Paraya Dhan, is going to enter the show soon and will play a guy having a split personality disorder.

Rahil, who will play Swayam, says, "This character is like a never seen before one. It is very unique and at the same time very challenging also. It is not very innovative but I took it up because it has no similarities to any character. Normally, psychos are always portrayed as negative but this character will have genuine reasons for all the things he will do."

Talking about his preparations, he says:" I have seen many pictures and plays and even met a few people. Moreover I believe we all have not only split but multiple personalities but we never allowed that hidden person to come out."

He adds, "I started preparing the way I said but in the end I found out that they cannot help me to connect to my character so I have now started visualizing about both the personalities. They have narrated the script to me which is the rule I made for myself. I never take up any show without reading the script for at least 6 episodes in advance so it helps to think how a character will react in a particular situation. Presentation is also very important."

Rahil will join the cast next week and his track will begin next Thursday. He will also be seen in another romantic comedy.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/April/ News_20080425_276

Desperation drives TV channels to resort to clichd formulas, that have earned TRPs in the past. The new serial, Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na, is following the same pattern, which incidentally began with the serial Kkusum. The plot is basic: A middle class girl gets lucky, marries the rich son of an industrialist and while everyone wonders how the families have accepted the ordinary looking girl so easily, there is an ulterior motive. The man, is going to face rough times and may even lose his life, so as per astrological advise, he marries a middle-class girl to ward off the evil effects. In Saath-Pheren, Saloni's husband had been married before but this fact was concealed from his new wife. In Babul Ka Aangan, Aastha, the middle class girl married into a wealthy home, is part of a mysterious family secret, one that concerns her husband, who conveniently disappears at midnight. Everyone in the family is aware of the secret with the exception of Aastha.

If such build-ups would actually lead to an exciting revelation, one that takes the story forward, it would make sense, but often, what emerges at the end of this great mystery, turns out to be a damp squib, with some silly secret that need't have been hidden in the first place.

On the other hand, there are some serials which have seriously lost their plot and it sure looks like the writers have taken leave off their senses. Kuch Is Tarah, which began reasonably well enough, is now focusing on a constantly squabbling lead couple, who apparently are in love with each other but will not admit to the same. While the initial fights between Akashdeep Sehgal and Dimple's character seemed a lot of fun initially, now they are becoming boring and repetitive and it sure looks like the director doesn't know how to take the plot further. When a serial is losing focus, it's better to give it a firm ending before the script turns completely meaningless. Unfortunately, none of the TV producers seem to know when to let go and end a show with dignity.

http://deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Where %20have%20sitcoms%20gone?
But what happened to the proposal?
28 Apr 2008, 0028 hrs IST

doweshowbellyad=0;
Rajesh Khattar and vivacious actress-director Vandana Sajnani. (TOI Photo)

It's official. The bad boy of films Rajesh Khattar and the bubbly and vivacious actress-director Vandana Sajnani are all set to tie the knot next week.

After five years of seeing one another, working together, and going through a rumoured phase of a supposed break-up, the two have decided to finally say the magical words: 'I do'.

You could say theirs was the quintessential love story — boy meets girl through a common friend, one thing leads to another, and before they realise it, Cupid has struck. "Yes, we got introduced through a common friend, but we didn't hit it off immediately. We only got to know one another better when we started working together, and travelling together for work. We were beginning to enjoy each other's company," says
Vandana, as she takes a trip down love's memory lane. Rajesh nods in agreement. "It certainly wasn't love at first sight for either of us. We were best friends first, then fell in love." Love bites, for sure. But when did the two realise that there was more to their relationship than met the eye? "

One day, a bunch of us close friends were having a serious discussion about a personal issue that had taken place in Vandana's life. It was then that I realised that there was depth in this woman. I'm not one who gets lured just by appearances, the woman I love needs to have substance. In retrospect, I realise that's what first attracted me to her," blushes the groom-to-be. "By spending so much time with her, and seeing her in different situations, I got to know the real her. And she's a charmer!" he adds.

And what does Vandana find the most endearing in her hubby-to-be? "What I like best about our relationship is the fact that Rajesh understands me without me actually saying anything. He knows what I'm thinking, he knows me inside out. He's a strong man who knows what he wants. Also, I know he's a very, very good father, I've seen that side of him too."
So, how and where did he say the four magical words, 'Will you marry me?' "Well, Rajesh never really proposed to me! I guess we both just understood that it was meant to be and that someday it would happen," laughs Vandana. And why didn't Rajesh propose, may we ask? "Oh, what she wouldn't give for me to do so! But I propose to her so often on stage, during our play. And I'm as serious in reel life as I am in real," chuckles Rajesh.

After a small family ring ceremony that took place in Delhi (where Rajesh is originally from) a couple of months ago, the two decided to take the plunge... finally. "Rajesh was a little wary of tying the knot at first, this being his second marriage. But with patience and a lot of effort, we overcame the initial hurdles," says Vandana. Did those hurdles include the rough patch their relationship was rumoured to be going through? "Those were exactly that, rumours! Of course, I'm not saying we are the ideal couple, every couple has its share of problems. Two people can't always agree on the same things. What's important is that we work on our problems and come to a compromise. We constantly 'update' our relationship; it's when a relationship stagnates that problems arise. But I'm optimistic and looking forward to a great life together. And yes, a family too..." signs of Rajesh. Love sure is in the air.
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/But _what_happened_to_the_proposal/articleshow/2988012.cms

Weathered the Storm, did they?1
The senior actors of Sony's Baabul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa - Surendra Pal, Raja Bundela and Navni Parihar got shivering as they shot for an important rainy sequence.. Did they pull it off finally or not? Get details right here..

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2426

Mehul's Masala

Mehul Kajaria who plays Vinay Joshi, brother to protagonist Aastha Chaudhary in Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na is very happy with the way his role is shaping up. He is working hard on it and reaches the sets before the scheduled time so that he has enough time to prepare for his scenes.

"I am very happy with the way my track is moving," he says. "Wherever I go people tell me that they love to hate me which means my hard work is paying off. It is even more satisfying when my directors Ismail Umar Khan and Naresh Khanna too like my work," says the actor.

Mehul's co-actors feel that he has the potential to be a writer as he improvises on his lines and adds more substance to it. So is the actor planning to write as well? "No, I don't plan to write," he says, "but I think I have inherited the talent from my mother who has been a renowned journalist for over 25 years. This helps me improvise on my lines and add more masala to it as per the demands of my character."

Other than Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na, Mehul's Bollywood aspirations are keeping him busy. The actor has auditioned for a movie and keeping his fingers crossed for a positive feedback. He is also in talks with the production houses for dailies on television.

Babul Ka Aangann secret revealed

For all those who are following Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na there is some interesting news. The teesri manzil secret of the serial is out. The woman on the third floor is not actually a woman but a man… Confusing? In simple words its Rahil Azam who is hiding on that floor.

"Rahil has a split personality. He is the guy in disguise who is living on the third floor," informs our source.

"He used to love a girl who was a prostitute. The family members of Rahil did not agree to their marriage. Due to some incident the girls dies in front of Rahil's eyes. It was a pretty shocking incident for him and he could not take it. Since then he started behaving abnormally," adds the source.

But why does he dress like a woman? "Well that is the twist. His girlfriend died on a full moon night and she enters his body on every full moon night. Thus he is seen wearing a sari, sindoor and mangalsutra as his wish to marry his girlfriend remains unfulfilled. I can't reveal more than that," concludes our khabroo.

IndiaTimes

Rahil Azam, the Raaz of the Teesri Manzil...
A very unexpected twist will now be seen in Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa as Rahil Azam plays a split personality character who will open up the raaz of the Teesri Manzil.. Read it here in Telly Buzz..

Rahil Azam, popularly known as Hatim, made his entry in Babul Ka Angann recently. He is going to play character who is suffering from a split personality disorder - he will be a prostitute at night and a psycho in the morning.

"I become a prostitute called Payal in the night and in the morning I become Swayam," says Rahil and adds, "I do not feel awkward about it. As an actor you have to do everything your director and producer tells you to do it. You have to be ready to wear any kind of costume whether you are playing beggar, actor or girl to convince your audience. At the end of the day that is your work."

Asked about how people reacted to his look, he adds, "When I wore lipstick and liner and saw myself in the mirror, I was very attracted to myself. On the sets also everyone was impressed with my look. Some guys also tried to patao me as they thought that I am actually a girl. My mother saw the promos and she is very confident that it will be appreciated."

So was he nervous? "Yes but my director enacted one scene for me and after giving the first shot I was relaxed as I did thing properly. Moreover, I am playing a dignified, classy and sophisticated prostitute. There is nothing cheap or vulgar about this role. According to me they are also human beings and they have their own reasons to accept this profession."

Rahil's entry as a gigolo is taking place next week. Before this, Siddharth Shukla had dressed up like a girl during his wedding sequence.

Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
Saturday, May 17, 2008

indya.com
Acting is my passion: Aastha
21 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Bookmark / Share

doweshowbellyad=0;
Aastha Chaudhary (TOI Photo) More pics
She is vivacious, bubbly, naughty and full of energy and she can make you laugh your heart out.

That's Aastha Chaudhary for you. From a small town Alwar in Rajasthan, Aastha landed in the glitzy world of Mumbai to aspire her dream of becoming an actor. And she has definitely come a long way in just nine months. "I come from a middle-class background. After finishing my engineering in Jaipur, I thought of trying my luck in acting and that's how I came to Mumbai," she recalls.

Aastha, who is playing the female lead in Babul Ka Aangan Chutte Na, is having a gala time shooting for the serial. "I want to do only serials, no films for me. Nowadays, movies are all about skin showing and lewd item-numbers. Right now, I am happy with my small screen engagement," she says with a twinkle in her eyes.

No doubt her lead role in Babul... suits her like a glove. "It's a story of a middle-class girl who juggles between her parents and married life. I can relate to my character in more than one ways. She is warm, loving and the gharelu type. But I cannot solve day-to-day problems like her," she admits.

Before this serial, Aastha had done a few cameos in Saat Phere and Rakhi. "Acting has always been in the back of my mind. As a kid, I did a telefilm for DD channel. But I was so small then that it was beyond my level to understand what was happening," she says. So how did such a challenging role land in her kitty? She answers, "It was all by chance. I was not at all keen on giving the audition because I was enjoying my holidays when they had called me up. But then, I thought to give it a try and here I am."

Talking about the recent scenario in the television industry, does she feel channels are being flooded with melodramas these days? "Yes, they are. But I feel that if your content is good, it will undoubtedly click with the audience. The issues raised in this serial are something which happens with every girl once she gets married. The entire family can relate to the characters and the happenings in my serial," she says.

Ask her whether she is ready to settle down in real life like her screen character, and pat comes the answer, "Not as of now. But if at all I plan to marry, I would love to have a man like Shubh (lead man in the serial). He is so dedicated to his family, loves and respects his wife so much."

While she foresees the future to be a bright one, she has definitely geared up for all the competition that lies ahead. "I am very passionate about my work. I believe in giving my 100 per cent in whatever I do, rest all depends on the audience. I hope they keep liking my work," she signs off.
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;