Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na Articles - Page 6

Posted: 15 years ago

Aastha Choudhary saved from a major injury
Recently Aastha Choudhary escaped a major injury to her eye due to her co-star's watch on the sets of her show. Read to know more..

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2522

have to better Rahil Azam'
16 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,DEEPALI DHINGRA ,TNN

Bookmark / Share

doweshowbellyad=0;
Rahil Azam (TOI Photo) More pics
Contrary to belief, Rahil Azam is not a serious person in real life.

"I'm constantly cracking jokes, mimicking people and making people laugh on the sets," he says. But then why is it that we have seen Rahil playing mainly serious and intense characters on-screen? "Nobody's exploited that aspect of mine yet, although I believe my plus point is comedy. I like dark humour and one can see it a little in my show Babul Ka Angann Chootey Na. Also, I am working on a project that's a romantic comedy but it's too soon to talk about it," he says.

The actor, who's known for taking on limited work, is very excited about his role in Babul... where he's playing a split personality. And get this — one of the split personalities is a woman! Although unwilling to reveal much about the character, Rahil does say that the female part is that of a prostitute.

"But she's a very sophisticated woman. We haven't used any vulgar language and my producer Ratna Sinha has presented me really well," he says. But it must take guts for any man to play a woman? "My funda is simple. I'm an actor and I shouldn't have any boundaries. I have played a number of different characters and will continue doing that. For me, as far as TV is concerned, I have to better Rahil Azam," he says.

Rahil believes that TV doesn't offer male actors too much to do. "And from the little we are offered, to choose something which is substantial and good is even more difficult," he explains.

Rahil doesn't want to keep repeating himself and therefore believes that it's better to wait for the right role than take on something he would regret later. "I was offered two or three serials after Parivaar but if I've restrained myself so much, then I might as well wait a bit more for a good project. I've lot of expectations from Babul... Now I wonder if it can get better than this. It can only be films then, and if that happens, that will be something awesome!" he concludes with a smile.
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/I_h ave_to_better_Rahil_Azam/articleshow/3042267.cms
Rahil Azam, popularly known as Hatim, made his entry in Babul Ka Angann recently. He is going to play character who is suffering from a split personality disorder - he will be a prostitute at night and a psycho in the morning.

"I become a prostitute called Payal in the night and in the morning I become Swayam," says Rahil and adds, "I do not feel awkward about it. As an actor you have to do everything your director and producer tells you to do it. You have to be ready to wear any kind of costume whether you are playing beggar, actor or girl to convince your audience. At the end of the day that is your work."

Asked about how people reacted to his look, he adds, "When I wore lipstick and liner and saw myself in the mirror, I was very attracted to myself. On the sets also everyone was impressed with my look. Some guys also tried to patao me as they thought that I am actually a girl. My mother saw the promos and she is very confident that it will be appreciated."

So was he nervous? "Yes but my director enacted one scene for me and after giving the first shot I was relaxed as I did thing properly. Moreover, I am playing a dignified, classy and sophisticated prostitute. There is nothing cheap or vulgar about this role. According to me they are also human beings and they have their own reasons to accept this profession."

Rahil's entry as a gigolo is taking place next week. Before this, Siddharth Shukla had dressed up like a girl during his wedding sequence.

Aastha scales new heights to romance with Siddharth on 'Babul Ka Aangan Chhotey Na'.
Filed under: TV    
Posted: May 13th 2008 by Ruhi Tandon

Aastha scales new heights to romance with Siddharth on 'Babul Ka Aangan Chhotey Na'

'Let there be no barriers in love', has a new meaning as recently there was a funny incident that took place on the sets of 'Babul Ka Aangan Chhotey Na'.

Aastha Chaudhary, the leading lady on the show stands 5.2 feet tall while Siddharth Shukla, who plays her hubby on the show is 6.2 feet tall. The height disparity was quite visible while shooting a romantic scene in which Siddharth was to hug Aastha and caress with her tresses.

So to fix the height issue, Aastha was made to stand on a high stool and was also made to wear high heels, the incident reminded us of 'K3G' where Jaya Bachchan would climb on to the stool to help Big B wear his neck tie.

Aastha in fact, is rehearsing hard for her shots on the stool as she and Siddharth have maximum scenes together.

We don't know about 'Babul Ka Aangan', but right now its 'Stool ka balance Chhotey Na' for Aastha.

http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Aastha-scales-new-h eights-to-romance-with-Siddharth-on-Babul-Ka-Aangan-Chhotey- Na/

|  

Back | Next

Most vile villains on TV!

Name: Mehul Kajaria Character: Vinay Joshi
Serial: Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na Earlier seen in Kyunki Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bhu Thi and Teen Bahuraniyan, Mehul Kajaria plays the selfish and over ambitious brother of protagonist Aastha in Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na. He wants to go to US to make money and is willing to go to any lengths to fulfill his dream. His family faces several financial problems because of him which affects his sister Aastha's plight at her in-law's place.

Back | Next

rediff.com
Telly queens!
17 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,ROMA ARORA ,TNN

Bookmark / Share

doweshowbellyad=0;
Ragini Khanna (TOI Photo)
Ragini Khanna
Moment of fame: Ragini in Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi
Sex appeal: "My personality, it screams it all..."
Starry nakhras: "No starry tantrums. I'm a simple and grounded girl."
Make-up tantrums: "If my make-up is not as per my wish, I do it myself."
Bad hair days: "Everyday is a bad hair day for me, as my hair is curly."
Catfight: "I wish we had some, but our set is so goodie-goodie..."
Fuss factor: "Cleanliness."
I'll be good wife...: "I'm very adjusting girl and do not fight. Also, I'm mischievous."
Mr Right: "Hrithik Roshan. I worship that man."
Success mantra: "Discipline."

Prachi Desai
Moment of fame: Bani in Kasamh Se
Sex appeal: "It's my smile and definitely simplicity."
Starry nakhras: "At times, I'm not able to give interviews, people think that I'm ignoring them. They misunderstand the whole situation and term it as nakhras."
Make-up tantrums: "We have to do heavy make-up, so that it lasts for longer period, at times it results in skin allergy. I have to be very careful."
Bad hair days: "I just tie them in a pony."
Catfight: "We entertain other people, we also need something that should entertain us, so what better option than gossiping and sweet little fights."
Fuss factor: "I'm very cautious of what I wear. I'm very fussy about my make-up, so I do it on my own."
I'll be a good wife...: "I'm married to Mr Walia and have three kids. Look, I'm experienced and can keep anyone happy."
Mr Right: "Mr Bajaj or Mr Walia or Hrithik Roshan."
Success mantra: "Hard work, luck and good opportunity at right time."

Sara Khan
Moment of fame: Sadhna in Sapna Babul Ka....Bidaai
Sex appeal: "My skin."
Starry nakhras: "One day, I wanted to have ice cream, so I said 'I'm the star of your serial, give me ice-cream else I won't shoot.' It worked!"
Make-up tantrums: "I make it a point that make-up should be simple."
Bad hair days: "I put them in a bun."
Catfight: "Nok Jhok on the sets is common but nothing serious."
Fuss factor: "I'm very particular about my skin and hate it when people pull my cheeks."
I'll be a good wife...: "I love cooking."
Mr Right: "Shahid Kapur. Recently, I was on Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai, SRK hugged and kissed me also."
Success mantra: "Work hard until you succeed."

Additi Gupta
Moment of fame: Heer in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
Sex appeal: "My figure. It's good to be in shape."
Starry nakhras: "One day my shoot got unnecessarily delayed. I said, 'I'm going. My head is all blocked now'."
Make-up tantrums: "I don't know anything about make-up, so I have to rely on my make-up artist only."
Bad hair days: "I ensure my hair stylist makes my hair look nice."
Catfight: "It happens not only between girl and girl but also with boy and girl."
Fuss factor: "I hate when I have to sit idle. I'd like to go out and flirt with boys."
I'll be a good wife...: "I'm very romantic, emotional and totally filmy by heart."
Mr Right: "Shahid Kapur."
Success mantra: "Only hard work pays in the long run."

Aastha Chaudhary
Moment of fame: Astha in Babul ka Aangann Chootey Na
Sex appeal: "It lies in my eyes."
Starry nakhras: "Few days back, I wanted to go home, I told my producer, 'I have to go home. I'm not listening, this is my personal life'."
Make-up tantrums: "I don't throw tantrums as I hardly know how to do make-up."
Bad hair days: "I have healthy hair, but when they are in a mess, I go to spa."
Catfight: "No catfights on sets. But we enjoy gossiping."
Fuss factor: "My clothes. No deep necks and uncomfortable outfits for me."
I'll be a good wife...: "I'm an entertainer and can keep talking for hours"
Mr Right: "TV actor Iqbal Khan or Hrithik Roshan."
Success mantra: "Act naturally."
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;
timesofindia.com

'I am glad that I got to play this role' - Rahil Azam
The dashing Rahil Azam is all set to make a thunderous appearance in a never-seen-before avtar in Sony's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa on May 19th. Here is the actor in conversation...

Rahil Azam in demand!

Rahil Azam, who is playing a split personality in Babul Ka Angann Chootney Na, has been receiving laurels and applause by producers as well as audiences.

The actor has been appreciated by all and sundry for playing the courtesan so convincingly on the show. He has received calls from fans and other producers. Even his co-star from Resham Dankh and Kahiin Kissi Roz, Moulli Ganguly has complimented him by saying that only he could play a woman so convincingly. The credit for the right casting goes to Ratna Sinha who was adamant on roping in Rahil to essay the role. The show's TRPs too have been hitting the high notes since the time Rahil entered the show.

Rahil sure seems to be in demand!

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k8/may/26may/grapevine.php
Aastha Choudhary in double role

Babul Ka Aangan may get intriguing for its fans as Aastha Choudhary, the protagonist will now appear in a double role. Yes, and for those who are clued in on the show you guessed right, Payal the love of Swayam (Rahil) is alive.

"Yes, in the coming episode Aastha will be essaying the double roles of Payal and Aastha. This will be a major twist in the tale and slowly things reach a culmination point," says producer Ratna Sinha.

So what will be next? "Well for that you need to wait and watch but this is just the start of a new turning point in the show. There's lot more to come," she adds.

Our little birdie from the sets reveals that, "The marriage of Swyam and Aashta will be shown but in that there will be a major twist. Soon Payal will come in and the truth about the Aastha-Shubh marriage and Payal will be revealed."

"As Aastha and Payal are look alikes Aastha will be now play a double role. But this drama will soon come to an end. This will be telecast next week or so," concludes the source.

IndiaTimes.
right here on Telly Buzz...
Aastha Choudhary dons a double role...5
Another twist in Sony's Babul Ka Aangann as Swayam's lover Payal and Aastha's look-alike gets back...