bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hellooo Friends!

It's time for our next Discussion!

How many of you have/have had a part-time job? Or have tried to get a part-time job?

How was it coping with studies as well as a job? Hard? Easy? Stressful?

What kind of job would you like alongside your studies? Do you prefer waiting on tables? Or sitting at a till in a shop?

Share your thoughts!

Love

College & Uni Dev Team

Edited by bollycrazy - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

have planned so many ties to get a part-time job but frankly it is so not possible for me to do tis as i took on strenuous subjects andtheres a lot of work involved.

I actually regret taking on so much 😭 because compared to all of my friends i have triple the work.

I planned when i had summer hols for 6 weeks o get one then but then i went away for 5 weeks and after that term began. I even planned to get a temp xmas one but gave up on the iea as i had exams to revise for.

Every time i try, something else gets in the way.

To be honst, if i am studying at least i am doing something and not wasting time. So i still have plenty of chnces to gert one as everyone i know who ha one will work but they dont ven get their work done at all, so i would rather be up to date wth studies.

If i get a job, something simple would do.

Grea dotw πŸ˜›
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
its gud man..brings the money in and at least u have things to do when u get bored... πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜†
-Pinky- thumbnail
Originally posted by: *VaVaVoom14*

its gud man..brings the money in and at least u have things to do when u get bored... πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ya i agree

i haven't tried but me n my friends have been planning to get a job in an ice cream parlor this summer.. bcuz u get free ice creams after πŸ˜† yup thats pretty much the reason y we want one lolz n plus i think they let u wok with ur friends!n i have heard its soo much fun working there.. one of my friends worked there for take your kids to work day... n she had agr8 time!! so yah if i dont go somewhere this summer..thats what i will be doing.. its fun and makes u independent ...u don't have to ask ur parents for moneyπŸ˜‰
cool_pooja thumbnail
Originally posted by: bollycrazy

How many of you have/have had a part-time job? Or have tried to get a part-time job?

I havnt!😳 Bec u knoe in Pak, part time jobs are like omg! πŸ˜†

How was it coping with studies as well as a job? Hard? Easy? Stressful?

Dunno..πŸ˜†

What kind of job would you like alongside your studies? Do you prefer waiting on tables? Or sitting at a till in a shop?

Umm maybe something easy like Babysitting and djying and radio shows and all.. Something which i will also enjoy! πŸ˜ƒ Waise my parents wont let me cuz u no we preety well off and all!😳

Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

That aint the point here..LOL Dont matter if ur "well off" its abt doing it for urself and earning money for YOURSELF..

Originally posted by: *VaVaVoom14*

That aint the point here..LOL Dont matter if ur "well off" its abt doing it for urself and earning money for YOURSELF..

Yes thats true, here we think very differently no matter how much a family is well of and comfortable everyone will work. It is not als about earning money for one self it is about the experience for a job later in life in your career and becoming independent. Not relying on Parents to give you money all the time.

Once you live away from hom, a job will be necessary to look after your ownself. But moreover having a job gives you experience as you can not just leave studying and think someone will emply you lik that w/o qualification in having some kind of job or experience.

Depends on culture too. Here everyone is independent once they get to a particular point in life. However not all cultures approve of girls working😳

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I had considered taking part time jobs, but u know i never got the one i wanted..so basically i ended up studying and relaxing..no part time job...

And waisey bhi my parents never really wanted me to do part time jobs, coz it's seen that people end up neglecting studies etc for the jobs...so they said complete studies first and then you'll have ur own dream job nah..no need to do part time jobs πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

NIce DOTw Kansha!

Love,
Gracella
|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
have had a part time job since i was 14...started out in mcdonalds...moved to abercrombie and fitch and then american eagle clothing stores....and finally have a job i like - at circuit city!!! I dun ever think i cud work at waiting tables...i dun have the patience...and i have given up workin in food places....so moved t oclothing stores...but hated that too...finally moved to an elctornics store...its fun and i like the stuff i sell!!!

it wqasn't that hard...i made sure work never came in between school stuff....plus i was blessed with jobs that gave flexible hours... and the money was good!!! never had to ask my mother or father for anything.... also got to meet many kewl pple...some of my best friends have been my coworkers!!! Edited by luvya4ever - 16 years ago
shrutichopra thumbnail
Interesting topic!

In India the system of part time jobs doesn't exist and I hate that fact! It would be so cool to be independent!!!