Ash - Rajinikanth make it official!!

Posted: 16 years ago

Aishwarya Rai has reportedly signed the prestigious Shankar film with Rajinikanth, tentatively called Robot.

Our sources insist, the deal was officially signed yesterday afternoon, around 3.30 pm. "The contract was sent to Janak (the Bachchan bungalow in suburban Mumbai) for the Bachchans' approval, and it was duly signed," says our source. But that's not all. Aishwarya Rai is allegedly charging a whopping
Rs 1.5 cr for the film, which was initially meant to be a SRK and Deepika Padukone starrer. The amount, needless to say, will be some sort of a landmark, considering no Rajini heroine has ever commanded such an astronomical fee so far. Shriya Saran was allegedly paid Rs 30 lakh for Sivaji.

Meanwhile, there seems to be some controversy around the title of this film.

Source: IBNLive

Aish 😲 im sooooo happy... i like her acting and she's pretty. Yippieee [:D/] [:D/]

Thanks Jenim πŸ€—
thanks jenim...i am sure aish will look classy in the stills πŸ˜†
thats good news⭐️

may be rajni chanting aish ,aish paid off πŸ˜‰

thanks jenim πŸ‘ Edited by nallu - 16 years ago
thx jemin for sharing the information.
Thanks Jenim.
Am sad for Shriya. And Trisha.
Aishwarya will never command the southern market the way they do. Just a little disappointed.
Hey Nallu -

You are right! Rajini has been doing the Ash jabam for at least a decade now πŸ˜† He first tried to get her to do Padayappa and then the list goes on. Even in Chandramukhi's silver jubilee event, he mentioned wouldn't it have been nicer to have had Ash in Chandramukhi! And that he went on to appreciate Jyothika for her performance later, is another thing.

So, the purported news is that Rajini put his "good relations" with the Senior Bachchan, to good use and finally had Ash sign up. INR 1.5 crores for a female lead in any Indian movie, is unheard of! Why would she not want to sign up? She's not getting any younger either!

I have some Rajini maniacs in my family. For some reason, this news has made them sad that they are not too excited about 'Robot' any more πŸ˜• I wonder why?!

If some of us thought, Rajini and Shriya were a total mismatch, wonder how Ash and Rajini are going to look? I guess we'll find out sooner or later with the stills.

Is this going to be a 2009 or 2010 project considering hordes of special effects that Shankar has in mind for the 'Robot'?

i'm not a fan of aishwarya in any way but i think she's a lot more bearable than shreya or trisha. at least her performance in 'guru' was somewhat good unlike the other two, neither of the two were impressive in ANY of their films.

so thank you shankar for signing aishwarya! looks like neither shreya's sweet talks nor trisha's marketing skills could get them the female lead role in 'robot'.

finally rajini got his wish of acting with aishwarya eh? he's been chanting her name like a mantra in almost every function he attends.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

so Rajini uncle got his wishes πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

rajini dream came true πŸ˜ƒ
thnx for info