Indiralohathil Na Azhagappan Movie Review

Posted: 16 years ago
Indiralohathil Na Azhagappan Movie Review
Indiralohathil Na Azhagappan - Watch it for Vadivelu
IndiaGlitz  [Friday, February 01, 2008]

The movie begins with an 'opening song' introducing the hero. The rule of Vadivelu, who dons three different characters and four different get ups, starts from the word go. The movie, written and directed by Thambi Ramaiah, who has penned many comedy tracks to Vadivelu, revolves around a human being making merry in the heavenly world.

Azhagappan (Vadivelu) is a member of a theatre group. One fine day an unlikely visitor from the heavens stumbles upon him and almost falls for him. The beautiful trio of the heaven – Ramba, Thilothama, and Urvashi – comes to the earth to enjoy its "beauty". While the others get back to where they belong to at the right time, Ramba (plays by Suja) looses her track and gets into trouble. Vadivelu accidentally helps her to go back to the heaven. She gets him to the heaven during the night and sends him back to the earth early in the morning.

Frequenting to the heaven and the hell gives Azhagappan an idea of what is happening in the other world. He is not serious about his rare opportunity to see the Devendran (king of all deities – played by Vadivelu) and the deities but the death of a neighboring child changes everything. He takes thing seriously and wants to teach a lesson to the deity of death (Yama Dharma Raja – played by Vadivelu again).

Vexed with the death and the ways human beings are treated with in the hell, Azhagappan decides to tamper with the process of life and death. He wants to tamper with the laws of the gods. The gods get anger and Azhagappan pays the price. Comedy turns into tragedy, as he is in for a big trouble. Naradha (Nasser), as usual, makes amends to bring up the climax.

Ramaiah has chosen a premise that has potential to provide us with hilarious moments. The fantasy element peppered with mythological aspects is utilized well to entertain the audience. The initial scenes portraying Indran and Yaman in a different light are enjoyable. Ramaiah – Vadivelu brand of comedy is at its best when the characters are introduced in the heaven and hell.

Post interval, the film looses track, as the director steps into sending out message to the public. The fantasy crosses the limit and the movie slips into sentiments and stereotypes. The proceedings leading to the climax are testing our patience. The build up to the predictable climax is irritating.

Vadivelu's powerful and colorful performances in three different roles are commendable. He is stunning as Yaman, though Ramaiah has gone overboard in shaping the character. As Indran, Vadivelu scores with his expressions. Azhagappan is Vadivelu's usual character, which he handles with ease. His body language is amazing, so much so that even ordinary dialogues sound comical with the help of his body language. His rendering of dialogues in pure Tamil is fantastic, barring some hiccups in pronouncing a couple of letters. His portrayal of the old man is quite effective. The way he has differentiated the three characters by rendering three different voices and modulations are praiseworthy. Hats off to Vadivelu.

Nasser's cool handling of Naradha role adds the impact, while Suja looks good and provides glamour to add variety. Others, including Manobala and Sumitra are competent. Shriya sizzles in the item song. The song lives up to the hype.

The music by Sabesh Murali is effective. The songs are humable. The background music in Yamalogam is powerful. Cinematography by Gopinath is excellent. The different colors used for Indralogam and Yamalogam are noteworthy. Thotta Tharani's art work in creating the heavenly worlds is marvelous.

Overall, the movie impresses in bits and pieces. It lacks consistency. The second half, filled with stereotypes and dull sequences, is dragging. Had Thambi Ramaiah worked out a better script based on the same premise, the movie would have been far better. Still, you can watch it for Vadivelu.

Last ngt, my husband n I went to watch the movie Indralogatil Na Alagapa. Vadivel new movie 😛

I really had enjoyed the movie sooo much. Laughing and Laughing from the beginning to the end 🤣 🤣 🤪 . Though it was funny, lots of good things were said in the movie. Location was on earth, heaven and hell 😆 The heroin (sory i dun know her name) looks preety and sweet. Acting was good. Shereya came for one song as samiyar to chase the ghost that was believed attacted Vadivel 😆 😆 . But i did't like her dressing with the saree 😕 It did't look nice on her 😕

Story was about Alagapa (vadivel) living with his mother. He does Drama with his group of frens (consists other comedians 😳 ) One day, a josiyar will say Alagapa will be marry twice but the first wife "veedu thangaathu". Only second wife will be with him. His frens will give him a idea to get married to a statue that suddenly appeared at the village. Alagapa marries the statue. The statue is actually Rambai from Indralogam whom came to earth to enjoy the scenery. She will fall in love with Alagapa and takes him up to Indralogam. Story continues up there in both heaven and hell. During the day time he will be on earth, at nights he will be taken up. Alagapa will try to unfold the secrets of death and what happen next ... well im not goin to be a spoiler 😆 U have to watch it guys... 😳

Overall, its a family entertainer. Good one. Vadivel cames in different roles. The intro song for him was superb. But he followed just like Rajini did in Sivaji song. 😛

Dun miss it frens. 😛 😊
Edited by netra_rama - 16 years ago

Meli, indeed its a hide and seek😆😆. Read ur PM. Thanks😉

Edited by netra_rama - 16 years ago
hehehe Neths...looks like u and me are playing hide and seeks🤣🤣🤣
lets see if he can create the same magic as 23 pulikesi 😉

it looks like a mindless comedy, the same brand of comedy vadivelu is famous for. anyways, i think if you want to enjoy this film, it's best that you leave your brain behind at home.😆😆

thank you for the review meli. i might just watch this movie with my little cousins.

I cannot wait to watch the movie. Thanks guys for the spoilers and news. 😃
Wow.. I don'e believe this!

I just checked my mail and this movie has been released in the US as well and is scheduled to run for an entire week in selected theatres. This has only happened so far for Tamil movies with big stars in them!

Thanks for the movie review Meli & Netra

Yesterday mum was telling us that she read in a indian magazine that Sherya and Vadivelu are an 'item'   😃 Well, it started off as friendship and now an item. Not sure if the story is truth or not. 😆 😆 😆

Apparently, he asked the director to invite Sherya for a dance sequence, but the director was reluctant as she charges high. Vadivelu was insistent, so the director asked Sherya and of course she demanded 40 lakhs. Director told Vadivelu she is too expensive, and apparently V said to him, even she demands 70 lakhs, it is worthwhile so the director agreed and booked her for 70 lakhs or so.   😆

We had a good laugther when my sister, brother and I were trying to imagine Vadivelu and Sherya as an"item". We giggled so much.   😆   My brother said, that fellow got someone like Sherya? My sister went - hey if you have the money, rest doesn't count.!!!   😆 😆
thanks mels and neths 😃
omg, caryn, i hope that's just a rumour....vadivelu can do waaay better than that! 😛