Kollywood Masala

poor meera vasudevan! :(

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

hey guys, have anyone of you heard of the bitter divorce meera is going through with her husband vishal? i saw meera giving an interview on sun tv during the night time news. she looked so tired & sad.πŸ˜”

meera said that she can't live with her husband anymore. the reporter who was reporting the incident said that meera came to the decision of seeking a divorce because her husband was reportedly torturing her. however the reasons as to why he did that is unclear. does anyone know the full story?

i remember reading an interview of meera before she got married to vishal & she seemed so deeply in love with him. it's really heartbreaking to see such relationships which start out so well end in such bitterness.😭😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Same here Leena. But a relationship will start really well however, due to misunderstandings and complications and lack of trust and insecurity between the couple could lead to trouble.

Poor Meera may she solve this problem without any harm.
*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I hope shes gonna be alright 😭
Caryn thumbnail

Jiggs

My mum told me that she read in the newspapers that MV was going through lots of torture from her inlaws and husband. The only person who was supportive of her was her father in law, but in the end he too succumbed through the family pressure and sided them.

Whatever she was earning they took it. Plus other kind of tortures too, including..... if you know what I mean. Vishal's brother was disturbing her alot, and Vishal was looking the other way. If this is true,Vishal is a creep!!! 😑

She has come to a point that she could not take it anymore, so she is divorcing him.

Who is this Vishal?  Is he the one acting in Thimuru?

Edited by Caryn - 16 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

No No..Caryn..its not my karuppan Vishal 😳

This Vishal is the son of cameraman Ashok Kumar and his brother and mother tried to get her involved in prostitution... 😑 but her husband says something else...blame it on her and her mother who poisoning her mind and want Meera earningsπŸ˜•

here is a picture of her and her hubby Vishal:

Edited by meli - 16 years ago
sankadevi30 thumbnail
i saw news abt this & vishal is not willing to give divorce 😑
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Abt two yrs ago, in an interview she seemed to be head over heels in love with him.......... πŸ˜•

Now I understand wht my mum has been telling me almost daily.
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

thank you caryn for giving me a glimpse of the full story behind MV's bitter divorce.

it's really sad to hear that meera has to go through such hell from the people who were supposed to love her like a family after her marriage.😭😭

urghh.. is her hubby that despicable? honestly yaar.. it's sick that he turned a blind eye to his brother's advances towards his own wife.

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Here is a article I found regarding Meers divorce:

Another star has headed the divorce way. Meera Vasudevan her debut in Unnai Saranadaindhein has filed a petition in the court for a divorce from her husband Vishal Agarwal.

The pair are blaming each other for the failure of their marriage.

Says Meera with tears in her eyes, " I married Vishal at a very young age of 23 because he was the son of cameraman Ashok Kumar. They used to make me act in movies and then spend the money according to their wishes. I do not have even 1000 rupees with me now. Everything has been taken by them. All my policies, jewelry is with them.

My husband Vishal used to come home drunk everyday and beat me up. They used to give me different kind of medicines to make me look like a mental patient. They did not let me speak to my mother for 2 years. If I come late from shooting they used to ask me whom I am sleeping with. They used to check my room during the night to see if anyone else was in the room. My husband's mother and brother tried to get me involved in prostitution. Hence I did not find anyother way out of this other than filing for marriage.

I thought they were a traditional family when I married Vishal. He is a person who cannot even earn Rs. 5000 to look after his wife and expects to live his life in his wife's earnings. How can I live with such a person" Asks Meera

Vishal is not way behind piling accusitions on Meera. Says Vishal: I first saw Meera when she came to ask for a chance to act in a Telugu movie that my father was directing. Because we could not do that movie, my family is in difficulties. She asked us if we will allow her to stay in our house and search for oppurtunities in Chennai as she does not know anyone here. She stayed with us for 3 months and we also looked for oppurtunities for her. Then her mother approched me and asked me to marry her. I also married her on humaritarian basis.

She used our family name to get oppurtunities in the cine field. She used to spend more than what she earned and when asked about it she would take a knife and say the she will hurt herself and then put the blame on us. We then came to know that she is a metally affected girl and had been taking medication in mumbai before she came to chennai.

I dedicated my whole life to her by being her manager, organizer like a pet animal. Her mother who did not care for her or talk to her before has now come into her life when she has started earning. Her mother is poisoning Meera's mind. I still love her. She should come out of this soon. If she still goes ahead with this legally, We'll also take the legal route. Says Vishal.
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

thanks for sharing the article meli. divorce is a really bitter pill to swallow. i rarely see any couple spilt as good friends. meera & vishal aren't any different now that they are blaming each other for the failure of their marriage.πŸ˜”

accusing his wife of being mentally ill is a serious matter. i hope vishal knows what he's saying. meera too should know the seriousness of the offence if what her husband saying is the truth & what she is saying is not.

goodness.. these stars preach all sorts of things onscreen but have such hellish lives offscreen.πŸ˜”