pinstripedshirt thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Phenomenal!

The much awaited show started off on a promising note with Neena Kulkarni as the 'narrator'. We were then introduced to everyone in Umeed Bhavan. Thankfully, no there weren't any details of their unfortunate past in the first episode.

Performances were awe-insprising. Especially that of Lubna Salim. After having the Leela bhabhi-image (Baa Bahoo aur Baby) for over 2 years now, Lubna's Paroma comes as a fresh change and a very pleasant surprise.

There was a little dance sequence in the final segment where all the women were grooving to the sassy number Rukmini Rukmini from Roja, teasing a girl who's marriage is slated in 2 days.

The women performed excellently! A little seductively if I may say so!

All in all, a great start! We hope it clicks well with the audiences and wish loads of luck to the entire cast and crew of Ek Packet Umeed.

Also, a very Happy Birthday to Producer J.D. Majethia. Umeed is a beautiful present you have given us. Thank you!

Edited by pinstripedshirt - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashi_mania thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The 1st epi was surely very good....n the best part abt the show is its simplicityπŸ‘.....n the way all the characters r etched out....they all have some pecularities in them......but the one who stood out the best was Lubna Salim as u pointed out πŸ˜›....she portrays the role of an classy female really wellπŸ‘....n its surprising to see her perform so well esp after her image in Bahoo Bahu Baby

The best thing abt the show r its actors....they r all brilliant....esp Rupali....am sure she would perform this character really well

n ya Happy B'day JD πŸ˜ƒ
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

One word-AWESOME!!!

This show I think is even more promising than JJKJF.. 😳 πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Both Hats Off productions on NDTV Imagine seem to be rocking!! in fact all shows on this channel are rocking! πŸ‘

Back to EPU
-Show is off to a great start...nice emotions portrayed..not a lot of comedy..but the simplicity of Hats Off and the characters make up for that

-Lubna ma'am's role is awesome..I was so surprised that her character has a bit of gray shades... πŸ˜† but she portrayes it well...

-Suchita's role and also the women playing Sundari and Maggie are laugh riots!πŸ˜† I loved the funny moments of them

-All the ladies did well even the minor characters.. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

-Sujata-Anuj jodi looks cute...😳

-loved the 1st epi..cant wait for next tuesday 😳

Edited by Tani91 - 16 years ago
sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
The show simply rocked, seriously its such a gr8 show 😳 😳 Ilove JD's shows, i loved Rukmani Rukmani number, was cho nicely shown!!

A MUST Watch show!!

Luv,

Shagun
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
rupali ganguly performence was really gud.... 😊 she did very well in 1st episode....
kreya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ohh yes! The first episode simply delighted me!!! I loved the concept, i loved the set, i loved the actord and most of all, i loved the dance at the end of the episode!! Great actors can be good dancers too! And i totally agree that Lubna Ma'am's perfrormance was really commendable, after all its not easy to break off an image which has been stuck in people's minda for 2 years, but she managed it very well. I wish them all the best, and i hope the show will be a hit, bcoz at least for me it is a grand success!!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
Live_N_Love thumbnail
yes i agree with u
all of jd's shows r fab
fakira thumbnail
Great one!

1)I liked Rupali in SVS a lot! she is as good in EPU too.

2)Like the set the most. Its same from Resham Dankh. I wish that didnt had to end like that 😭 I wanted to know the suspense.

3)Great great starcast! Awesome performance by all. Nice to see Lubna and Suchitra in different images. They are not letting us down. We can except them even in that role so πŸ‘ for them.

4)It has all +points of Hats Off Production.

Hope this reaches heights of BBB