jasmine_triv thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
It looks too big to be real
Leo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ali

Dont get scared
It's a joke, a Rumor
The National Geographic Society has not discovered ancient giant humans, despite rampant reports and pictures.
RELATED
National Geographic Photography: Wallpapers and More
Asian "Atlantis" Shows Strange Structure (September 19, 2007)
Pyramid in Bosnia—Huge Hoax or Colossal Find? (May 12, 2006)
The hoax began with a doctored photo and later found a receptive online audience—thanks perhaps to the image's unintended religious connotations.

A digitally altered photograph created in 2002 shows a reclining giant surrounded by a wooden platform—with a shovel-wielding archaeologist thrown in for scale.

(Photo Gallery: "Giant Skeletons" Fuel Web Hoax)

By 2004 the "discovery" was being blogged and emailed all over the world—"Giant Skeleton Unearthed!"—and it's been enjoying a revival in 2007.

The photo fakery might be obvious to most people. But the tall tale refuses to lie down even five years later, if a continuing flow of emails to National Geographic News are any indication. (The National Geographic Society owns National Geographic News.)

The messages come from around the globe—Portugal, India, El Salvador, Malaysia, Africa, the Dominican Republic, Greece, Egypt, South Africa, Kenya. But they all ask the same question: Is it true?

Perpetuating the Myth

Helping to fuel the story's recent resurgence are a smattering of media outlets that have reported the find as fact.

An often cited March 2007 article in India's Hindu Voice monthly, for example, claimed that a National Geographic Society team, in collaboration with the Indian Army, had dug up a giant human skeleton in India.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071214-giant-skelet on.html

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071214-giant-skelet on_2.html

Thank you for confirming my doubt!! I looked like a fake picture actually! If the National Geographic had discovered it and all, it would have become great news in India!
Media has the aadat of making a pahad out of an anthill you know!😆

These pictures and be easily edited in Photoshop and various other softwares!! Please guys, this is all a fake!😳

*Fiza* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Leo

Thank you for confirming my doubt!! I looked like a fake picture actually! If the National Geographic had discovered it and all, it would have become great news in India!
Media has the aadat of making a pahad out of an anthill you know!😆

These pictures and be easily edited in Photoshop and various other softwares!! Please guys, this is all a fake!😳

LMAO... So trueeeeeeee... someone sent me this pic along with a message saying that they found this skelton in KSA and apparently this is Adam's(hazrat adam) skeleton... Ppl just create this for fun.. i opened this post thinking this time it may be real.. but believe me i have seen these pics already..instead i saw seven saudi's were working and digging the skelton 😆.. ahh..Photoshop zindabad😆

Lovers Ka Love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Omg! i am tOtally shOcked.. i was'nt aspecting tO see such huge man...
nOw i m trying tO create an image Of such a big man.. dO they really exist.. OfcOurse they dO... then definetly there were many mOre peOple Of same categOry dO alsO exist... hOpe we seen such mOre wOnderful discOveries in future.. 😛
notquitebacon thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
thats a pretty poor photoshop job.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
oh my gawd..that is scary!