Trisha to do a Kareena in Tamil JWM

Posted: 16 years ago

Trisha to do a Kareena in Tamil Jab We Met

The hit Hindi film 'Jab We Met' is being re-made in all four south Indian languages.

Moser Baer has acquired the remake rights for the film. The film will be made in Tamil first where Dhanush is the hero.

The in-form Trish has been signed up as the heroine opposite Dhanush. In Hindi, Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor played the lead roles.

Trisha acted in the recent big hit film 'Krishna' and she is now being paid a big amount to star in the new film.

i'm totally shocked. of all actresses in the industry, they choose trisha for kareena's role in jab we met.ðŸĪŠðŸĪŠ kareena's role requires a lot of emoting & trisha still remains one of the most emotionally challenged heroines of kollywood. i don't know if i'll have the strength to watch kareena's role be ruined by trisha in the tamil version.ðŸĪĒðŸĪĒ

forget it. i'll just watch the original jab we met once more instead of this movie & spare myself the headache & heartache.😆😆😆

comments are welcome!😛

thx leena for the article. Wat Trisha playing the same role as Kareena. Shes just as bad as Kareena. ðŸ˜Ą
LOL, Kareena is the worst actress I have ever come across. She was the one who started the trend of camouflaging the lack of acting talent by dressing in bits and pieces.

Mind you, I tried to like Trisha as a person but I am very irritated by her. She said that she speaks Tamil with an English accent. ðŸĪĒ ðŸ˜Ą I lived in the UK for 14 years and my Indian friends say that I speak Tamil like a Coimbatore local and this wannabe thinks that she is a pseudo-Caucasian.
gosh, Kareena is a TERRIBLE actress...i cannot stand her and her horsey face ðŸĪĒ ...though im not saying trisha will make much of a better job 😕 ...thanks for the info leena
hehe...I have no expectations so let us wait for the finale product 😆

Talking about Kareena, I hate her attitude ðŸ˜Ą , before she comments on other actresses acting skills, she should look at hers first ðŸĪĒ
I fell about laughing when her character shortens her name to Poo in Kabhie Gush Kabhi Gham and then she talks in that irritating American accent. She lives in England and does not know that "Poo" is slang for No.2!!! OMG, I was ROTFLMAO - she really cannot act to save her life. Karishma is million times better.

i know what you guys mean by saying kareena's a bad actress. i admit that i'm no fan of hers. i was not even a teeny weeny bit impressed when she did those dumb roles esp the Poo role in KJo's K3G.

however i think she did a good job in Jab We Met & maybe that's why kareena walked away with a filmfare award for best actress this year. kareena's a director's actress, she needs a good director to bring out the actress in her.😊 

kareena's behaviour when getting the filmfare award was terrible though, she snatched the award out of aishwarya's hands without even bothering to thank aishwarya.ðŸĪ” that's usual kareena behaviour anyway.😆😆

okay back to the topic, i think trisha is ill-fitted for this role. it needs someone who's naturally talkative. maybe asin would do a better job because the character geet is a non-stop chatterbox.😆😆 however with asin's rather limited acting skills.. she might not do a good job either.😆😆

my choice for the female lead would either be priyamani, bhavana or sada (sorry i can't leave S out in this, she did an awesome job in unnale unnale after all).😛

karthikka you're 100% right about trisha's horrible tamil. if a person like you who lived in UK for so long can speak tamil fluently why can't she who is a chennailite by birth at least make an effort to speak tamil the way it should be spoken? hell.. even asin & bhavana who are mallus by birth speak such beautiful tamil without faltering!👏👏

i hate the way that woman uses silly excuses to cover up her pathetic tamil vocabulary. trisha krishnan doesn't know what a 'theevu' means. she openly admitted that in an interview she gave with vikram. on koffee with anu where trisha appeared with vijay, she said she didn't know the meaning of 'acham madam naanam'.😆😆 vijay couldn't hide his amusement though.😆😆 

even i who was born & bred in modern singapore know what those traditional tamil words mean and trisha who is unfortunately a former Ms Chennai doesn't.. tsk tsk..ðŸĪ”ðŸĪ”

i wonder how ms trisha won the ms chennai title. don't you have to answer the questions in the contest in TAMIL?😆😆 or maybe trisha hired a translator like some ms world contestants do?😆😆

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 16 years ago

Trisha "the Peter Actress" as we call in Madras Bashai, she vuttufies Peter all the time  😆

I don't know if I said this already, may be not..
When Trisha was probably in her early teens I have seen her with her Mom Uma Krishnan in the swim club, where a bunch of us learnt swimming. She used to come there after school. Her Mom Uma was my boss's classmate and being a busy body that she is, her Mom would talk to us when we take our break. The mom used to have loads of make-up on her all the time, even in the sweltering sun, by the pool 😆 

Anyway, I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears that Trisha could speak proper Brahmin Tamil with a Palakkad accent, to her Mom. No.. not the one with English accent  😆 

Anyway, I would have never ever, ever, ever believed if someone had told me then, that the skinny girl with absolutely no looks would become a very popular star. None of my friends in the swim class would've believed it either!

For that matter, I would't believe any one who grew up in Madras coming from a Tamil family, if they said that they don't know Tamil. I had a number of friends, who only spoke Marwari, Gujarati, Sindhi, Marathi or whatever language at home and spoke Tamil like a Chennaiite at school. There were quite a number of girls from Church Park (where Trisha went to school) who moved to my school for their grades 11 & 12 and quite a few of them were stinking rich "Elite" kids, who spoke various different languages at home including English (the Anglo Indians). And almost all of them, can speak tamil quite well, believe it or not.

So, this Trisha faking her Tamil saying that she went to Church Park convent and every one spoke only English there, is getting so old on me. This probably is the reason, why I even dislike her so much. I mean, where is all this faking going to get her.. all her lies about not knowing Tamil. Some one has to tell her it is not the "in" thing, right now, what with actresses from Bombay and Kerala speaking, if not trying to speak Tamil right, left and center.

May be some one warned her about it, and quite recently in the Kalaignar TV interview, one could see that she used more tamil words (than English) in her Tamil interview.

But for Ms.Chennai.. it's a pity that the questions are all in English and the answers are expected in English too. I really doubt that the Q&A are in Tamil. That's why one can see people who know only a few words in Tamil, coming from cities like Hyderabad / Bangalore winning the title. I think the pre-requisite for contestants is that their current residence should be in Tamilnadu. And therefore, most girls from other states, just move to Madras for the time being to compete. Well.. only b'cos winning such titles is like a stepping stone into Tamil cinema.

A quiz - do any of you guys know which other actress won Ms.Chennai but is still struggling to make it big in Kolly ?

jenim, wasn't 5 star kanika who did that mad role in 'Godfather' a ms chennai too?😊

whee! i got it right!😃 thanks jenim & thank you also for dishing some dirt on the seemingly perfect ms chennai trisha.😉

actually trisha should thank her makeup artiste for the way she looks now to the way she looked in mounam pesiyadhae. can anyone even remember her in that film? i think the drastic 'improvement' in her looks is what got her half the fan following she has now.

i read in a mag sometime ago that some moron in denmark was reportedly buidling a temple for trisha.ðŸĪŠðŸĪŠ the irony of it.. so many people are dying of starvation & poverty & here is one dude who wants to use his money worship a bloody actress instead of helping other people. use the money to feed hungry people you ignoramous!ðŸ˜ĄðŸ˜Ą