Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago
Thanks much needed as it is I-F as a whole.

May that remind topic subject on Fan Fics still applies to whole of I-F.
šŸ˜³

SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Minnie, I have a suggestion. Can we make these rules applicable starting now so that they won't affect fan fics written in the past or those that have already been started? I do agree with Kat that it's unfair for her to be reported now for stories she wrote a long time ago. I think the main problem was that people weren't sure exactly what the criteria was for deciding what is and isn't appropriate. Actually to tell the truth, I'm still not completely sure, but I'm just going to play it safe and avoid anything more 'controversial' than a kiss. Anyway, I think clarification is necessary as is leniency towards fan fics already started.Edited by SuhanaSafar - 16 years ago
Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@ SuhanaSafar - i agree as when i read the rules initial the only rule which stood out was swearing? as for adult contents nothing was mention and the senior members ff which i read were written for adults.

This is what we as writers need clarification from the DEV team as know many of us will be scared to update as i know i am as i have trigger happy readers just dieing to hit report... hence i have not update in a while.

To tell you the honest truth i feel de motiviated to write any thing... i guess i will jack it all in once i have update the DMG ffs i have on going... not worth the headace. Especially when i have to look over my shoulder as members are just waiting to attack.

@Bhaskar.T - cheers darling but we writers want claffication as what is "Deemed Appropriate" in our FF's

We writers do not cause any trouble on the forums nor should our creations be used for members to justify there violation of rule 3 in IF COC. We just want to understand and clarification on the rules set out for writing ff. Member writting ffs are not breaking any rules as they are obey each code set out before this post appeared. I hope you all understand this.

Kat

Kat
advil thumbnail

This thread is indeed timely. India Forums is a family platform where a 13 year old or a 80 year old ,both can feel comfortable. A mother won't have to worry about what all her daughter might be reading when she visits IF. But if that was violated at certain places, well, then this rule will set the record straight and bring it back on track.

Good Job, Dev Team.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Catwoman

@

@Bhaskar.T - cheers darling but we writers want claffication as what is "Deemed Appropriate" in our FF's

Kat

How about anything that your mother would have approved of when you were 12 years old? šŸ˜³

@Suhanasafar, you have a point. As it's obvious that such terms were not clear to many of the writers, we will not be editing any of the prior materials, unless they are extremely graphic or vulgar.

Friends, as someone mentioned before me, it's the presentation - a kiss can mentioned in a romantic manner without having to describe the 'how'. It's not the act itself, but it's description which raises the eyebrows and makes many of us squirm. I hope this will help clear the confusion.

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@ Minnie as along as that is made clear to all the writer on the forum and in the FF rules section. I have a feeling IF will get a reduction of FF writers on there hands.. since we are going to be writing for 12 year olds.... Any way! i will wrap mine on going one up so that everyone can sleep easy...

I would like to apologies to those writers and reader out there who deemed my ff's as un appropriate.

To the readers of my Fan Fictions thank you so much for your support over that last couple of week during this incident.... those who have read my creations for the past year. I would like to thank you for all your support many of your comments and post will never be forgotten

If any of you writers were inspired by some thing i wrote then i am happy you are penning Keep up the good work.

Kat
bheegi thumbnail
thanks for bringing this up. I just want you guys to read this response i had written to one of the reader's comments on my ff:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=819456&TPN=1 51

Unfortunately, a lot of readers on this forum are only looking for explicit stuff and i have put my foot down and refuse to write anything too provocative as this forum is visited by people of all ages.

Thanks again
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Catwoman

since we are going to be writing for 12 year olds....
Kat

Comeone Kat, lets not be over dramatic......appropriate for 12 year olds do not mean you have to set out to write for them......you can be completely adult in your writing and thinking while making it appropriate for all age levels. All we are asking is not to use expressions which are sexually explicit in nature.

salt thumbnail
I am glad you brought this up. In particular, I have noticed on the fan fictions section there are a lot more youngsters than adults.
salt thumbnail
I just read all the replies and if you don't mind I have a suggestion to make why don't you introduce a new section for fan fictions and only members 18+ can view it. I do realize that members can easily change their birthdate to be able to view this section, yet I feel it shouldn't be the responsibility of Dev team then, rather the member who choses to do it.