Fan Fictions

Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF - Page 5

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
I had posted my experimental peotry fanfic ..on 13th i told my sis to read... and the first page of the site told her " Adult content in the fanfics on IF" for the so called 'large ' section of people who may have done may be due to lack of rules or knowledge or whatever.. it surely discourages me and the small section like me by such generalised statements... I undersntand minni u all didnt intend to do... writers may well say the same.... if caught spoilign the name of the section..

About the issue at the whole.. I feel this thread in the fanfic section if was put would be better...and many could suggest lots of things for the improvment and have some censorship ... (which is difficult..i may not like my 12 yr old cousign to read abt even a kiss as well but i do mention in my stories...its individual..my cousin living in US reads a lot of enlgish novel and which have more of description than the books by indian authors..sooo..they r matured at an early age.. dotn knwo how the section will work out this..)

Adult content is not description of just a kiss but much more.. soo... felt ashamed to be among the writers of that section... but what can we do..take it...
or leave it...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Minnie i have a written Various FF and many are targeted for members aged 12 infact 5 or more. I know for a fact many like myself will no longer write any more ff's on this forum. DUE TO NOT because we want to express our creativity in a adult way simple due to fear. We are discuss adult contents now and then we will have another issue...i see a cycle appearing.

@Bhoomi im sorry if you are find that this is generalisation for those writers who have done nothing wrong but this whole thing is target at me and other writers on the forum. I would like to state your work is valid and this will die down soon. Again i apologies for any heart ache caused because of it.

@Sonali - a section like that will not work as Dev team will then have to set out a fine line for those FF's. Which will need to be regulated and monitored which is to much work for anyone.

Kat

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
@Catwoman
Hey I dont know why u feel its targetted just to u. I do recollect recently u had asked ur readers about have they felt u have written anythign of this sort in FF section and ur readers had said they never came across anything like that and they loved ur fanfics...

I have read few of parts of ur story and frankly i feel u write like a professional author and not like immature writers like myself... I personally will never want such a talent gogin out of the FF section... I hope u continue writing..and when emotions get settled post it.. I know it hurts when people r more to criticisng than understnading ....

No need to say sorry at all... there r few writers int he section who with sweet language explain few things which r very sensitive but than...who expects a 8 yr old to go and read a romantic story...romance will have atleast one part where lovemaking is taken in the story... If not me..others can... (let see how the dev team gives the censorship of what can n what cannot be)

I have recently thought of posting a story with an issue as sensitive as rape..and asked the help desk to guide me what i can..what i cant. Infact they todl me its already in many stories and i need to just give a warning in the start... now its not like we cannot post such a sensiitve isseu.. I will not post that until assured that my story will not be targetteed with negativity abt my intentions...

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: bhoomikauttam

@Catwoman

I have recently thought of posting a story with an issue as sensitive as rape..and asked the help desk to guide me what i can..what i cant. Infact they todl me its already in many stories and i need to just give a warning in the start... now its not like we cannot post such a sensiitve isseu.. I will not post that until assured that my story will not be targetteed with negativity abt my intentions...

Bhoomi, you can definitely write on something like that. Or any other theme that you want to write upon. There is no restrictions on the themes. The only thing that we want to focus here is the language or expressions. As I have been saying over and over again - the actual incident is not a problem......it's when it gets down to the explicit descriptions of the physically intimate scenes that the objections come up and rightly so.

It's Valentine's Day, and lets write about love and the beauty of it. And I do think beautiful stories can and have been woven without sex being a part of it.

Also Bhoomi, honestly speaking, many youngsters in India as well as abroad are exposed to much more in terms of explicit reading. It's probably nothing new to them. However, it's very much possible that their parents don't know it and if they came to know, they would be shocked. But IF is a site which they can proudly tell their parents about - and none of us would want it to become a place where tomorrow they might have to hide from their parents ........

*** Moderators, this topic will be closed today and removed from GAs. Please inform your respective sections about this.

Thanks,

IF Global Moderator Team.

RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeah yeah, I think there should be a certain limit. I mean in the end these are fan fictions on a site open to like all ages, n writers shud keep that in mind. And if a 11 or 12 year old is watching the show then they will be the ones reading the ff's. N writers shud be able to write gracefully n include all they want to include still keeping in mind the rules of IF, dats a part of being creative.

But also wriers shud be given a certain amount of creative liberty, i mean they shud be allowed to write up to a certain point like u know neck kissing, hugging, adrenaline n then jus wrap it up. i mean u cant end at "they went in the room". so i think the writers n all just need to find a creative balance between it all. i mean, i've written a few ff's so far n they have all had bedrrom scenes i believe but i dont think many went all the way the them taking off their clothes... they get in the room they kissed, hugged they were on the bed n then the moon watch the make love n thats it 😆. now if that isnt allowed either then it gets hard to actually describe a scene. Edited by RandomSquared - 16 years ago
bhoomikauttam thumbnail

😆[QUOTE=
But also wriers shud be given a certain amount of creative liberty, i mean they shud be allowed to write up to a certain point like u know neck kissing, hugging, adrenaline n then jus wrap it up. i mean u cant end at "they went in the room". so i think the writers n all just need to find a creative balance between it all. i mean, i've written a few ff's so far n they have all had bedrrom scenes i believe but i dont think many went all the way the them taking off their clothes... they get in the room they kissed, hugged they were on the bed n then the moon watch the make love n thats it 😆. now if that isnt allowed either then it gets hard to actually describe a scene. [/QUOTE]

I do agree with u..and ya even i dont mention much and leave it to " they made love" not go beyond it..yet..😆huggin kissing cuddled, got cosy r words we  do use and nothign dirty abt it...and have read here in this forumn writers using not like" they remove the clothes" but somethign similar whcih while reading was just ok nothing dirty at all... many wonderful writers in this forum have used that little of love makign in a certain differnt way ...which was not descriptional but feelign wise very beautiful.......

Soemtimes i feel the videos r more showign loevmakign ekdam too much than the writers here trygin to get hold of the standard few words for that..😉

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Minnie

Bhoomi, you can definitely write on something like that. Or any other theme that you want to write upon. There is no restrictions on the themes. The only thing that we want to focus here is the language or expressions. As I have been saying over and over again - the actual incident is not a problem......it's when it gets down to the explicit descriptions of the physically intimate scenes that the objections come up and rightly so.

Thanks,

IF Global Moderator Team.

hmm physical intimate scene description i understnad..what u tryitn to say.. Have read few initmate scenes part in fanfics by great writers here but when i read found it very beautifully written not cheap a tall..... but as the IF has rules i think we cant say much.... 

At a personal level i dotn write them a tall..but that doesnt mean i should object to otehrs... For me it was some issues r sensitive whcih need a mature mind to understnad the issue itself...i am glad u said we can touch those issue.. but obviously I wont like my 12 yr cousin to read on issue like rape at all.. so i wont say its to all age group... 

Anywyas thanks for clearing that themes r allowed though sensitive ... Apprecitate that..

Bhoomi

haajra thumbnail
awww i think its really difficult 4 da writters 2 write in so many restrictions...i mean how can we write love stories with out expressing da feeling ... IF team should introduce new section 4 below 18.....cuz most of da writterz will quit writting...any wayz its my personal feeling
~*~kom@l~*~ thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks so much. it was much needed. some author are crossing the line and readers also encourage them (including me) readers waits 4 these kind of stuff. i think kissing and caressing is ok but some authors writes this kind of stuff in details. i read many ff and i have read this kind of stuff and sometimes its just so embarrassing to read. people of mostly every age come on IF and its really not suitable for some ages.

the bottom line is that writers shouldn't write this stuff in so much details and shouldn't cross the limit.
super_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this should have been put a long time ago as there are authors who do write which is crossing the line. It is not suitable for people of young ages to read as there are very young people who do read and visit the site. And when you say that these sites are to discuss about the shows and all i.e. a family site then how can you write such kind of stuff. Then what is the difference between watching a movie and reading a fan-fic isn't it the same just like the channel says that it is a family channel as all ages of people watch it but still they show these kind of stuff then why call it a so called family channel it is so embarassing reading or waching something like this. So the writers should stay in limit and not exceed that limit while writing. And without such things also the story can be written beautifully.