Other Shows - NDTV Imagine

Rupali continues to identify with Monisha

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago

Telly Talk

We saw her last in Bigg Boss on Sony TV and then she vanished from the small screen. However the idea behind disappearing from television was not her bend towards the big screen but to take a break, spend time with her family and then return with a bang. Rupali Ganguly won millions of hearts as Monisha in Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai and then in Bigg Boss.

Rupali is now seen in an altogether different avatar in J.D's new show Ek Packet Umeed. When asked which character — Monisha or Sujata describes Rupali best, she replies, "Monisha's character in Sarabhai had more shades of my personality than what Sujata has. But in order to play any role effectively, there has to be some similarity between you and the character and somewhere it should relate to you. Same goes with Sujata as she is a young effervescent girl, positive towards life and as strong as sunshine." We are sure the audience this time has more packets of Umeed from the talented actress who started off with a tacky debut in cinema long ago in a film called Do Aankhen Barah Haath. No it wasn't V. Shantaram's film, silly. She wasn't even born then.

www.deccan.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
😃 😃 I Am glad she is back I Love U Rupali Didi 😃 😃
euphoric thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think Rupali does justice to the roles she paly onscreen. I really loved her as Monisha and Sujata is also good so far.

Sonia