Sahara One Other Shows

Neeli Aankhen no copy of Naagin: Rubina

Shariefah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Neeli Aankhen is not a copy of Naagin: Rubina

Sahara One Television is coming up with new show from February 9. The show titled 'Neeli Aankhen' is all about a woman who is a naagin. Actress Rubina is playing the role of Vaishali here. Here are the excerpts from our conversation:

Q: Firstly, tell us about your role 'Vaishali' in the serial …
A: Vaishali is an ichchadhari naagin who resides underground basically. She has a wish to lead a normal life on the earth.

She gets a vardaan (boon) after a long time and when she finally comes out she sees both the good and bad things of this world. The story is all about how she takes revenge for whatever bad is being done to her.

Q: Tell us about your background?
A: To start with, my father was very keen to promote me as a sportsperson. So at the age of four I started swimming. I was participating in swimming competitions throughout my childhood.

I also won the national swimming championship and have a record against my name. This went on until I got the offer for Sunsilk ramp show when I was in college.

Q: Have you done acting before?
A: Yes, I have done one Telegu movie called 'Joruga Husharuga'. After a span of few months, Shyam Ramsay spotted me and called me for auditions. He really like my performance and asked me to play this role.

Q: Zee has 'Naagin' which is on the same lines, so how this program is different from 'Naagin'?
A: I don't know much about that serial, but as far as our serial is concerned, it has many shades. It has action, drama, comedy, and thrills. The story revolves around me who lives with humans on the earth.

Q: Do you think this program will be able to grab the audience attention?
A: I definitely think so. It has very different storyline. And I feel that children will enjoy this program very much.

Q: What kind of preparations you have done for this role?
A: Nothing much. Shyamji always tells me that I have full freedom to perform. He just explains me the scenes and asks me to react accordingly.

Q: Where is the serial being shot?
A: This is entirely being shot in Mumbai studios.

Q: This is a thriller-based program, so was there any point during shooting when you felt scared?
A: Not scared, but I did feel funny. Actually the program has used lot of graphics. There were dummies of snakes while shooting so that made things really funny. Till now nothing has made me scared.

Q: Don't you think that one channel experiments and the others just follow the pattern?
A: I don't know, but as far as our serial is concerned, we started shooting around six months back. Way before 'Naagin' came.

Q: Have you done any shooting with snakes?
A: Not at all. Actually shooting with snakes is restricted. But yes, I am really wanted to shoot with snakes once. I always ask Shyamji when I will get the chance to shoot with real snakes.

Q: What is your ultimate goal, TV or films?
A: Hmmm. Let's see. I have done one Telegu film, which was quite a good experience. I will take life as it comes. But definitely I would love to good work.

Q: How is it working with Ramsay Brothers?
A: Working with them is really a pleasure. I get along very well with Shyamji's daughter Shashi. I am learning a lot under them. - Saakshi Tiwari

source: www.santabanta.com

Edited by Shariefah - 16 years ago