KDM Articles Corner: No Comments - Page 3

Posted: 15 years ago

Fashion shows are her passion. Acting is her first love. A former beauty pageant contestant, Mihika Verma's dream to become an actress came true with Virrudh. "It was a high profile show which brought me into the limelight," says Mihika who was flooded with offers once her debut show went off air. "But since I played Smriti's sister in Virrudh, the calls I got for work required me to play the lead character's sister,, which I refused." But a call from Balaji to play Ashlesha in Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil evoked her interest in the show. "I am playing Daljeet Chachi's daughter. She calls herself Ash and considers herself the Aishwarya Rai of Ludhiana," she adds. Elaborating further, Mihika says, Ash has a Tom and Jerry kind of relationship with her mother. "Both are influenced by Bollywood movies. Both the characters have comic streaks but going further Ash will develop negative traits," she elaborates.

www.deccan.com

Originally posted by *Shifali*

Article from: Kahe Na Kahe forum
Originally posted by angelic eyes

News

Additi had no acting aspirations

It's been just 2 months since Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil started on Star Plus. But the serial has gone on to bag many nominations. Additi Gupta, who plays the main lead in the serial, has managed to get the nominations for not one but for three categories for the same serial - Favourite Beti, Favorite Yogya Jodi and Favourite Naya Sadasya (Female).

Additi hails from Pune and feels completely new to Mumbai's kind of lifestyle. Additi, who has done fashion designing as well, says, "As a person I had never thought of acting at all. In fact I was doing my fashion designing course back in Pune and acting happened to me by chance and that's when I thought of giving it a shot. It feels great when you get such kind of recognition for hardwork within such a short span of time."

Additi is not worried about winning. "Getting nominated itself is a big thing and and too for a serial which has just started and replaced Kasauti Zindagi Kii which was a huge success. So I am really not thinking about winning but definitely looking forward to the awards nite as it will be first awards function," she explains.

Additi will be performing at the function and is really nervous as this too will be her first performance on stage. In fact initially she had rejected the offer of performing. "Although I have been facing camera for some time now still I am camera shy and not used to so many people around me. So performing for the awards was something which I was not feeling comfortable about. But somewhere one has to get over the fear so even I thought of that and later accepted the offer," she concludes.

Harshad confident of winning

Harshad Chopra aka Prem from Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil has been nominated for two categories in Star Parivaar Awards - Favorite Yogya Jodi and Favourite Naya Sadasya (Male) compared to his counterpart Additi in the serial who has been nominated for three categories.

But Harshad does not feel jealous about the fact that Additi has bagged three nominations and he two. He says, "Why should I be jealous. It's good that people have appreciated our work and getting nominations itself is a big thing. How many nominations one gets does not matter."

He adds, "I am 100% confident that I would win both the awards. I have to win it at any cost otherwise my team will not leave me."

Harshad along with his co-actor Additi will be performing at the awards nite and is looking forward towards as it is his first year at Star Parivaar and it is also the first time he will be performing on stage.

http://www.starboxoffice.com/spa08/News/default.aspx?xfile=2 008/May/spa_20080519_21

Harshad Chopda's Double Bonanza at STAR Parivaar Awards

India Infoline News Service / Mumbai May 20, 2008 17:25

Television's latest heart-throb and STAR Parivaar's newest member, Harshad Chopda (Prem of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil) had a very rewarding birthday this year.

Television's latest heart-throb and STAR Parivaar's newest member, Harshad Chopda (Prem of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil) had a very rewarding birthday this year.

Harshad took home not one but two awards at the STAR PARIVAAR AWARDS held on May 17th which incidentally was also his Birthday. Winning the awards and bagging the much sought recognition for his work made it the most memorable birthday for him in a very long time!

The cast and crew of STAR Parivaar also celebrated his Birthday eve at the rehearsals with a cake topped with candles to match his age!

http://www.indiainfoline.com/news/innernews.asp?storyId=6819 4&lmn=1&cat=18

'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil' is a success

A phenomenal success is what the latest daily soap 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil'has turned out to be.  And Balaji Production is finally heaving a sigh of relief.

Balaji have hit a gold mine with this soap launched in March.There was a lot of speculation surrounding the launch of their new show. The show is based on strong family values, and a love that blossoms braving all odds. Set against a traditional Punjabi family backdrop, 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil' is the story of two friends and the promise they make to each other: The promise which decides the destiny of their children Heer (Additi Gupta) and Prem, the two newly-launched faces from the famed production house.

It was a calculated risk. Because 'Kasauti Zindagi Kay' had a loyal fan following. Would the audience be receptive to a new show or would they shift loyalties? Anupama Mandloi, Sr. Creative Director, Star Plus, said, "'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil' is replacing Kasauti Zindagi Kay'and it is only apt that a beautifully crafted, passionate love story about an eternal, pre-destined love should take its place. The show is bound to enthral women of all ages with its colourful characters and its rustic feel. We are very excited with this new offering for the viewers and are confident that they will enjoy this fresh saga of love."

And Ekta Kapoor added, "This show is bound to ignite the magic of love and romance on television once again."

And it did capture the imagination of the viewers. Balaji Production could have opted for a storyline that would be along the lines of 'Kasauti', but they decided to bring in freshness with their new soap.

What is it that made 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil' different?

There is enough and more of daily soaps on offer. For a new soap to click, the offering has to be truly unique. Nivedita Basu, Creative Head, Balaji, said, " The star cast, the backdrop of the tale or the approach to the show - it cannot be just one factor, but a combination of all three that works in making a soap click."

Ekta's calculated risk paid off! And the lead actors, Additi Gupta and Harshad Chopra couldn't have asked for a better platform to get into our dynamic lady's good books.

Source: Meenakshi Shankar/ Tellywatch
Jannat on your TV screen today

Shivani Bhakoo
Tribune News Service

Ludhiana, March 2
She is all set to hit the small screen from tomorrow at Star Plus. A resident of Ludhiana, Jannatpreet Kaur has played the role of a child artiste in Balaji Telefilm's new soap-opera "Kis desh mein hai mera dil". The serial, directed by Ekta Kapoor, revolves around a Punjabi family in which the hazel-eyed Jannatpreet will surprize the audience with her acting skills and charm.

A fourth standard student of Sargodha National Public Senior Secondary School, Field Ganj, here Jannatpreet said she felt great while acting with experienced actors and directors from Balaji productions. The shooting of six episodes of this serial has already been completed at a haveli in Bhanjoli village near Kharar where shooting of Namaste London also took place. Some of the scenes have been shot at Bija and Chahal villages.

"Dorris, one of the assistants of Ekta Kapoor, was so impressed by me that she shot an entire dance sequence on me. I consider myself lucky for being selected for the role. As many as 1,500 child artistes from all parts of Punjab had come for auditions at Ludhiana, Chandigarh and Amritsar for this particular role", said Jannatpreet, adding that she was acting for the past four years. Besides, she will be seen in Punjabi movie "Hashar" with Babbu Maan, which is scheduled to be released in April-May.

Granddaughter of a veteran city journalist Karam Singh Musafir, Jannatpreet said she took keen interest in her studies as well. "I am doing good at school. My parents and the tuition teacher helps me a lot", she added.

Malkiat Singh, her father, said her only aim was to achieve greater heights like Aishwarya Rai. "She tries to copy the glamorous actress. She is inspired by her beauty and brains", said he, adding that the next month, she will be going to Chandigarh for shooting with Abhey Deol in the movie "Modern Devdas".

He also said Jannatpreet had performed in 14 shows with leading theatre artiste Nirmal Rishi at several places in UP, Delhi, Hapur, Ludhiana, etc. Her performance in "Dukhde Kalire" (on female foeticide) has been appreciated by people from all walks of life.

"I want to be a good actor. People should appreciate my acting skills. For that, I have to work very hard", said Jannatpreet in a confident manner.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080303/ldh.htm

Additi put under the scanner by Ekta

Additi Gupta aka Heer Maan, who is the latest addition to Ekta's list of newcomers, has been put under observation by the soap queen.

On Ekta's insistence, she was taken to a well-known dentist to beautify her smile. Confirms the actress, "Yes, I have had two sittings so far. Actually my teeth are crowded and they overlap each other so I had to get that corrected. It is basically to acquire a beautiful smile."

Additi has also been placed under the strict guidance of a dietician so that she knocks off the extra kilos. Additi, who is a foodie, is now on a strict diet. She says, "I have been advised by the dietician not to have rice, burgers and soft drinks. I start my day with juices and am allowed only two chapattis with each meal. My meal consists of two rotis, dal and sabzi. But I am not complaining as it is for my benefit."

She adds, "I was required to run in the fields for shooting the promo of the serial and this helped me beat off four kilos in 20 days which is quite good."

There is also a buzz that Additi goes to Siddhivinayak temple with her guide Ekta every Tuesday. About it, she informs us, "I went with Ekta to Siddhivinayak last Tuesday for the first time. I believe that we will be going this Tuesday also. I have heard that this temple is very pious and prayers get fulfilled so let's see. We want to have God's blessings with us."

Star launches Balaji's passionate tale of eternal love

Actresses   |   Events &n bsp; |   Serial Stills TV News

TV Specials

After showcasing numerous serials that have won the hearts of viewers for years, Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms partner once again to launch a love story, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, starting Monday, March 3rd, Monday – Thursday, 8.30 pm only on Star Plus!

Replacing the timeless romantic saga, Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is set to enthrall the audience with its young love story. The show is based on strong family values, interweaved with family relations and a love that blossoms despite all odds.Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is a story of promises and an immortal love that transcends all boundaries. It is set against a traditional Punjabi family backdrop. Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is the story of two friends Balraaj Maan (Virendra Saxena) and Lalit Juneja (Deepak Quazir) who live in Ambala and the promise they make to each other….the promise which decides the destiny of their children Heer (Additi Gupta) and Prem.

Commenting on the launch of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Anupama Mandloi, Sr. Creative Director, Star Plus, said, "Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is replacing Kasauti Zindagi Kay which has been a huge success on the channel and it is only apt that a beautifully crafted, passionate love story about an eternal, pre-destined love should take its place. The show is bound to enthrall women of all ages with its colourful characters, its rustic feel and the story of a young man and woman whose journey of love has been decided even before they came into existence. We are very excited with this new offering for the viewers and are confident that they will enjoy this fresh saga of love"

Ekta Kapoor, Creative Director, Balaji Telefilms, further added, "I would only love to describe this as an ethereal story from the heart. This show is bound to ignite the magic of love and romance on television once again. I hope that you enjoy watching it, as much as I have enjoyed making it". Leaving no stone unturned in making the show a grand success, Ekta has consulted noted numerologist Sanjay Jumaani and has asked Additi to add the extra 'D" to her name hoping it will bring good luck to her and the success to the show.

Character Sketches
Prem Juneja
Prem is Lalit and Maya Juneja"s son. He is the pillar of strength for the entire family and is looked upon at the time of any crises. He is an ideal son, brother, husband and a person with a golden heart. Prem has sacrificed his ambitions for his family by entering his family business and proving to be a helping hand for his dad.

For Prem, Maya"s words are the final nail in the coffin and he will do anything to make sure that Maya is happy. Prem is a good looking and a well-spoken man and has a great sense of humour. Prem is a man any girl would want to marry. He is the single thread that binds the entire family together.

Heer Maan (Additi Gupta)
Heer is the daughter of Balraj and Teji Maan. Heer is a lawyer by profession and is actively involved with NGOs. Heer is not a rebellious person but does not hold herself back before fighting for causes that she feels are right. Heer always abides by her parents wishes and can even give up her dreams if they came in the way of her family.

Stay tuned to watch the innocent love story of Prem and Heer in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, starting March 3rd, Mon-Thursday, 8.30pm, only on Star Plus!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /2008/kis-desh-mein-hai-meraa-dil-270208.html

Lalit Sen creates a melodious track for Balaji show

Thursday, February 28 2008   

Actresses   |   Events &n bsp; |   Serial Stills TV News

TV Specials

Bollywood"s acclaimed music director; Lalit Sen has composed a heart-rending score for Star Plus" new love saga, Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil. The song, sung by Richa Sharma and Krishnan N, is the title track of the serial. Renowned lyricist, Nawab Arzoo, has penned the lyrics of the track.

Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is a story of promises and an immortal love that transcends all boundaries. It is set against a traditional Punjabi family backdrop. Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is the story of two friends Balraaj Maan and Lalit Juneja who live in Ambala and the promise they make to each other….the promise which decides the destiny of their children Heer and Prem.
Replacing the timeless romantic saga, Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is set to enthrall the audience with its young love story. The show is based on strong family values, interweaved with family relations and a love that blossoms despite all odds.

Stay tuned to watch the innocent love story of Prem and Heer in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, starting March 3rd, Mon-Thursday, 8.30pm, only on Star Plus!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /2008/lalit-sen-title-track-280208.html