Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Cold call
Shameem Khan
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 23:59 IST      

Balaji incurred huge losses during the shoot of Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil in Chandigarh

The cast and crew members of Balaji's new show Kis Desh mein hai mera dil had certainly not anticipated the extreme weather conditions they would face during their shoot in Chandigarh recently.

The weather conditions were extremely severe as temperatures dropped to as low as one degree. Besides the cough and cold bouts, the fog was making it impossible to shoot any sequence.

Aditi, the main lead of the show remembered, "We had to shoot the lush green fields to capture the essence of Punjab. But we could only shoot the exteriors. We just could not shoot the twilight because of severe fog. Also a few indoor scenes remained which were shot in Mumbai. Our eight day schedule got extended to 18 days and yet we couldn't complete our work because of the weather."

She remembered how they had to shoot despite the biting cold, "The scenes had us in our normal costumes without sweaters. As soon as the shot was over, we would rush back to our cars which had the heaters on at full blast. Even the unit hands were ready with shawls and sweaters for us at all times."

For her debut show, it's quite a memorable experience "Oh yes. But I was touched how we all faced the calamity like a family. All the co-stars from Virendra Saxenda, Sadhana Singh and Tasneem Sheikh bonded very well and took care of each other including me."

Tasneem Sheikh who plays the interesting part of Baljeet (she is known as Punjabi tadka in the show) says "In Mumbai, it was eight degrees , so you can imagine how cold it was there. As Mumbaities we are not used to such extreme weather. Add to it, I was down with Malaria and hence was shivering badly. But I credit the production people who provided us all with the necessary thermals and took good care of us. Thankfully, my hubby Sameer was with me because he wanted to see Chandigarh. We took the opportunity to gorge on the delicious North Indian food — parathas and lassi — and I shopped for lovely woolen jackets and sweaters."

Monetarily, it was a burden on the production because of the delayed shoot. But as one production manager put it "We did shoot what was essential but could not complete the shoot. But such ups and downs happen while shooting. And most importantly, you can't fight nature."

News from DNA...19th March

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Thumb up & Thumb down -10th-14th March
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2114
Anashah1980 thumbnail
TB: Kichdi Special: Kis Desh & Others
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2223
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Tellybuzz Pick of the Week:
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2246
Anashah1980 thumbnail
hectic schedule-MIHIKA verma
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=916450
Anashah1980 thumbnail

All India National Level Paanchvi Pass examination

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/category.asp?id=6
Anashah1980 thumbnail
'I am in love with Mr Bhansali'
By Subhash K Jha

Dreams are the stuff television tycoon Ekta Kapoor's career are made of. Now her 40-inch screen dreams are about to acquire a 70 mm vision.

Ekta Kapoor, for long besieged by space problems for her myriad serials currently being shot in studio complexes in Mumbai owned by Balajee Films, is now planning to build her own film city.

Says a source very close to the project, "Ekta has always felt bogged by the lack of physical and creative space. We at Balajee can never capture the mythical 'Magic Hour' from the movies in our serials because we've to ration our time on the roads and public places.

Ekta plans to build a whole studio complex, not unlike Nitin Desai's studio in Karjat, with inbuilt roads and lanes so that we get an epic feel into our soaps, and we can control the lighting.

If you see Raj Kapoor or Bhansali's films you can see the quality and texture of lighting is unique. Ekta wants that quality in her serials."

Ekta is planning to build her own film city on the outskirts of Mumbai near Thane. In fact the land purchase is almost complete.

Ekta chuckles at the dream project that waits realization early next year. "I'll say this much. I'm the greatest Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan in the universe. I've seen Devdas 3,000 times. It's the only DVD in my room.

I know every frame by heart. When I met him for the first time in Anil Kapoor's house I just grinned goofily. I'm in love with him. Mr Bhansali has re-defined screen opulence. Mr Bhansali jokes that every time he makes a serial he knows he's Ekta is going to copy it.

We've two new shows coming on Sony on November 19. And my crew jokes that after seeing Saawariya I'm going to change all the episodes after an urgent meeting in the middle of the night. I'm going to sit with pen and paper and take notes when I see Saawariya."

She adds, "Ever since I saw Devdas I wanted to create a similar aura in the studios. If I want to show Bikaner or New York in my serial I want to create them in a studio. That real feel can never be got outdoors.

So yes, I'm looking at creating that mythical 'Magic Hour' for my serials."

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ektaa ma'am is very nice to me'
3 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,CHITRA UNNITHAN ,TNN
Print Save EMail Write to Editor

doweshowbellyad=0;

Additi Gupta (TOI Photo)
The extra 'd' in Additi Gupta's name invites curiosity enough to ask her the reason for it.

This newcomer, an Ekta Kapoor find, was asked by the daily soap queen to add that extra 'd' to her spelling to bring luck to her serial.

"It was decided for numerological purposes. I didn't mind changing the spelling of my name. Ekta ma'am is very nice to me. She teaches me a lot of things and she narrates everything well," says Additi.

This young girl makes her debut opposite Harshad Chopra in Kis Desh Mein Hain Meraa Dil. Does she identify with the role she plays? "I am simple and not very loud like Heer in the serial. But I am entirely different when it comes to her attitude. I am not a salwar kameez girl at all and I don't completely obey my parents," she smiles.

This erstwhile aspiring fashion designing student had never thought of acting as a career option. She says, "I come from Bhopal and was doing a fashion designing course in Pune. That was when Balaji Productions had an audition in Pune and my friends insisted I go for it. I always had stage fright, but I like to dance and am more of a sports person. I got selected and I still think that is a very good break to have started with such a big serial and a great production house." So, will fashion designing now be an alternate career?

"I was having fun doing the course and fashion designing was as interesting as acting. I have taken a break for a year and will go back to studies but it may take a while given to my busy schedule."

Considering hectic schedules take a toll on the health and lives of actors, is Additi on the way to joining the brigade? "I am quite sleep deprived right now but it's not that hectic. I think it's pretty manageable." We tell Additi that the television industry is brimming with starry-eyed youngsters, who leave academics midway to pursue their glam dreams, and she says, "That's because the roles demand fresh faces. Also, time is an important factor. Senior actors can't afford to give that much time to the serials."

This pretty girl believes that it's high time the television industry got a revamp. "The audience really needs a change. People watch TV for entertainment and need to get out of the saas-bahu tracks. But these serials are popular and we have to give them what they want," she says.

Besides improving on her acting, Additi likes to travel for promotions. "I like to travel for promoting my serial. It feels nice to explore new cities and take a break once in a while," she signs off.

Here's the link to article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Ektaa_maam_ is_very_nice_to_me/rssarticleshow/3003981.cms

WOW!!I didn't know half the stuff Additi said about herself.Like the fact that she likes dancing and sports and doesn't really listen to her parentsIt surprised me....tell me wht u guyz think about her....a bit naughty...don't u think?

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Tasneem's Villainous problems-Article

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=936155
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Krystle D'Souza enters Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil...
Krystle D'Souza is all set to make her entry in Ekta Kapoor's Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil on Star Plus tonight.. Get the details right here on Telly Buzz... _

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2430