KDM Articles Corner: No Comments - Page 7

Posted: 15 years ago
TV's 'big' stars

Today, television is easily the 'big' thing.

With Bollywood galaxy's brightest stars turning 'small' and walking off with hefty pay cheques, we thought it was about time we figured out who television's biggest stars really were. We got a few luminaries from television to nominate the small screen superstars

Queen Bee:
Love her, hate her, you can't ignore India's most loved bahu. She might have had a mixed innings as a producer, but no one can put on a better tear-jerking act than Smriti Iraani. They don't call her Ekta Kapoor's 'saviour' for nothing!

cheers

resh

In Her Majesty's Service
Ekta Kapoor's house maintained by a small army of helpers

By: Sonal Chawla

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Finding domestic help is a big problem for aam junta, but Ekta Kapoor is hardly aam.

Having an army helps

According to an insider, "The soap queen's home has a full flow of ten servants." The staff strength of Krishna (her previous residence) is twenty; and is headed by their leader whose name, coincidentally, is — Krishna, same as the bungalow.

Adds our khabroo, "The Krishna bungalow is occupied by Jeetendra, Shobha and Tusshar while Ekta is by herself in Ekta House, which has three levels and it takes a team of ten people to manage the huge premises. Special care is needed as the interiors of the house are white and it needs special care and maintainence."

Ekta is out of the house practically the whole day, and it runs efficiently, fuelled by her army. An insider explains, "With the number of rooms each bungalow carries, the number of help seems justified."

Keeping it organised

A freqent visitor to Ekta's house says, "The servants are broken down to groups who handle different daily chores of the house which may start from cooking, cleaning, dusting and so on. The Kapoor family is also fond of dogs and have a couple of them for which a set of servants are assigned to take care of them."

Ekta refuses to comment on the team of helpers. She simply says, "Both the households are run by my mom. So I have no clue."

manned to the hilt: Krishna bungalow and Ekta House. pics/ pradeep dhivar

Mid-Day

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2588
Excl: Ekta's Mahabharat with a K

Finally, Ekta Kapoor has titled her ambitious project Mahabharat. The show will be called Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki. Ekta was in consultation with numerologist Sanjay Jumaani and tarot reader Sunita Menon to decide the name of the show. There were also reports that it won't start with letter K.

Sanjay Jumaani, who is in Australia, told us, "The name for her Mahabharat was suggested by me like all her other shows. And of course it will be good for her and the show."

Sunita Menon refused to give us any details about her part in deciding the name.

A few scenes for the show have been shot in Ladakh, Jaipur and Mumbai. Huge sets worth crores have been erected in Mumbai. Majority of the cast has been finalized but Balaji is maintaining secrecy over the main characters. The makers say the show will be very different from the original Mahabharat.

Ekta's only shows which did not have the letter K at the start were Hum Paanch and Itihaas. Both the shows were big hits. Hum Paanch used to be telecast at prime time on Zee while Itihaas was aired on DD in the noon slot.

5 Telly Points - Article
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=959987
Don't Cry For Me, Maa

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=959784
hey guys i really love prem and heer's chemistry in this show. i found this article on the net. i havent seen it before around here so thought id share. you can delete it if its a repost.

Telly queens!

Additi Gupta
Moment of fame: Heer in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
Sex appeal: "My figure. It's good to be in shape."
Starry nakhras: "One day my shoot got unnecessarily delayed. I said, 'I'm going. My head is all blocked now'."
Make-up tantrums: "I don't know anything about make-up, so I have to rely on my make-up artist only."
Bad hair days: "I ensure my hair stylist makes my hair look nice."
Catfight: "It happens not only between girl and girl but also with boy and girl."
Fuss factor: "I hate when I have to sit idle. I'd like to go out and flirt with boys."
I'll be a good wife...: "I'm very romantic, emotional and totally filmy by heart."
Mr Right: "Shahid Kapur."
Success mantra: "Only hard work pays in the long run."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Telly_queen s/rssarticleshow/3046009.c
TB article on Harshad Chopra playing Arjun In Ekta Kapoor's mahabharat

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2613

Taare Zaamen Par ….at SPA

Star Parivaar Awards started with a bang in 2002 and continues to grow bigger and bigger with each passing year.

With the introduction of new stars and some who had left returning the Star Parivaar, the family just keeps growing bigger and entertains the audiences to the fullest. The glamour of SPA isn't limited to getting nominated and bagging the awards; it is about the star performances by every member of the Star Parivaar.

This year, watch out for the endearing performances starting with the child stars of Paanchvi Pass who will be welcoming the audience with a song from Welcome Welcome. Also, the singers of the reality show Jo Jeeta Wahi Superstar will entertain the audience with their dancing and singing.

It will be the last stage performance for Shweta Tiwari. Shweta will take to the stage along with Hiten Tejwani. And they will be followed by Harshad and Aditi of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil fame. They will dance to the tune of Ishq Hua from Aaja Nachle.

The awards night is all about performances so how can Nach Baliye jodis be far behind. Kashmeera Shah along with Krushna and Sanjeeda Sheikh along with Aamir Ali will be seen shaking legs to Bollywood songs.

In typical Bollywood ishtyle, similar to that Rani and Konkana in Lagaa Chunari Mein Daag, the Bidaai sisters along with their on-screen mamaji will perform on Hum Toh Aise Hai Bhaiyya. This will be followed by Benaf aka Baby who will be seen grooving to Badal Pe Paav Hai from Chak De! And without crutches for sure!

Who says only the silver screen male actors can do macho acts? Do watch this particular dancing act in which Shabbir Ahluwalia, Hussain, Shaleen Bhanot and Kapil Nirmal will be doting the macho man look and doing some stunning dance moves.

Lastly, there will some sizzling on-screen couples who have been nominated in the Favourite Jodi category performing one by one on some romantic tunes.

And of course, without anchors how can an awards function proceed. So there will be Ketki Dave, Ali Asgar, Deven Bhojani, Hussain, Tina, Abhaas and Tasneem Sheikh in charge of the mike. They are sure to tickle your funny bone.

Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki Promo on 9X

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2647 Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago