Descriptions.. Do u read dem?

cool_pooja thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
We all know how descriptive books tend to get..πŸ˜† Well do u actually read all the descriptions and visualize dem in ur mind or do u tend to skip dem or just go over dem and forget id?😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
in the beginning, its no point going through all the detailed descriptions-for eg think of lesmiserables, and the page after page descriptions of the outbreak of insergunce
reading them kills the love energy everything
its betetr to skip them first
once th ebook is done,then the detailed descriptions add to the falvour of teh book and we can chrish and relish them
so descriptions to be read but only after we finish the book once πŸ˜†
atleast i do so 😳
Edited by its me tan - 16 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail
Well i skip the unimportant detail like for example the decor of the room, for me just the general idea is enough,but some descriptions are very intresting.. The only descriptions till yet i have found intresting are mostly in Harry Potter.. Other then dat i tend to get bored by more description.. Description til 4-5 lines is enough, more den dat i skip! 😳
NYC_gurl_17 thumbnail
I read them! It helps get a visual on how a book is going to be. Then when i'm done, i refer back to it and compare how the description has changed now that i read the book. 😳
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Oh Yes I do..I hate skippimg thru Books..whats the whole point then?!!! πŸ˜•
cool_pooja thumbnail
@Lakshmi: I cant dissolve too much descriptions..πŸ˜† So i do tend to skip id if it is too long..
Nope...i dont. I definitely read the whole book properly...or i dont read the book at all. I never skip description... 😳

Labib πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: cool_pooja

Well i skip the unimportant detail like for example the decor of the room, for me just the general idea is enough,but some descriptions are very intresting.. The only descriptions till yet i have found intresting are mostly in Harry Potter.. Other then dat i tend to get bored by more description.. Description til 4-5 lines is enough, more den dat i skip! 😳

Compltely agree with u on that red-coloured-lineπŸ˜†

LabibπŸ˜ƒ

AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Yes i always read the description....i reli love the detail! And I always visualise the scene as it helps me to understand the setiing and the character better!
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I always do read every word of the book, but find myself space out, if the author decides to mention every bush in the vicinity, and it's state (especially so, in fantasy novels), which I think is not needed. But authors do have some personal vision, and I've got no problem envisioning that vision πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†