Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nuts123 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I have to practically read every word of the book, if I skip a line, I have to go back and read it...lol, its weird!!!! but when I'm getting late for something, and the stories on a reli good plot, I always tend to skim read para's to get 2 the good bit...lol
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: its me tan

in the beginning, its no point going through all the detailed descriptions-for eg think of lesmiserables, and the page after page descriptions of the outbreak of insergunce
reading them kills the love energy everything
its betetr to skip them first
once th ebook is done,then the detailed descriptions add to the falvour of teh book and we can chrish and relish them
so descriptions to be read but only after we finish the book once 😆
atleast i do so 😳

me 2! 😉
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
It really depends on what kind of descriptions they are.  If they are interesting to read like I remember there was a lot of description in HP when Voldemort received a body.  And that was interesting to read because I could really imagine how he would look like but some descriptions are just plain boring.  The same thing one after another and then I just skim through them and look for the more important parts just so that I don't lose my energy and focus.

-Mahi

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I tend to read the descriptions, however if I am rereading I may sometimes skip them.

The book with the most tedious descriptions I have ever read was Mark Twain's - The Adventures of Hukleberry Finn - If i remember right there was something like three pages of description on digging a hole!!! (I read this book years ago in school)