Users

Frequent Posters

-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

Shivani Bhakoo
Tribune News Service

Ludhiana, March 2
She is all set to hit the small screen from tomorrow at Star Plus. A resident of Ludhiana, Jannatpreet Kaur has played the role of a child artiste in Balaji Telefilm's new soap-opera "Kis desh mein hai mera dil". The serial, directed by Ekta Kapoor, revolves around a Punjabi family in which the hazel-eyed Jannatpreet will surprize the audience with her acting skills and charm.

A fourth standard student of Sargodha National Public Senior Secondary School, Field Ganj, here Jannatpreet said she felt great while acting with experienced actors and directors from Balaji productions. The shooting of six episodes of this serial has already been completed at a haveli in Bhanjoli village near Kharar where shooting of Namaste London also took place. Some of the scenes have been shot at Bija and Chahal villages.

"Dorris, one of the assistants of Ekta Kapoor, was so impressed by me that she shot an entire dance sequence on me. I consider myself lucky for being selected for the role. As many as 1,500 child artistes from all parts of Punjab had come for auditions at Ludhiana, Chandigarh and Amritsar for this particular role", said Jannatpreet, adding that she was acting for the past four years. Besides, she will be seen in Punjabi movie "Hashar" with Babbu Maan, which is scheduled to be released in April-May.

Granddaughter of a veteran city journalist Karam Singh Musafir, Jannatpreet said she took keen interest in her studies as well. "I am doing good at school. My parents and the tuition teacher helps me a lot", she added.

Malkiat Singh, her father, said her only aim was to achieve greater heights like Aishwarya Rai. "She tries to copy the glamorous actress. She is inspired by her beauty and brains", said he, adding that the next month, she will be going to Chandigarh for shooting with Abhey Deol in the movie "Modern Devdas".

He also said Jannatpreet had performed in 14 shows with leading theatre artiste Nirmal Rishi at several places in UP, Delhi, Hapur, Ludhiana, etc. Her performance in "Dukhde Kalire" (on female foeticide) has been appreciated by people from all walks of life.

"I want to be a good actor. People should appreciate my acting skills. For that, I have to work very hard", said Jannatpreet in a confident manner.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080303/ldh.htm

-Preeti- thumbnail

Star launches Balaji's passionate tale of eternal love

Actresses   |   Events   |   Serial Stills
TV News

TV Specials
After showcasing numerous serials that have won the hearts of viewers for years, Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms partner once again to launch a love story, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, starting Monday, March 3rd, Monday – Thursday, 8.30 pm only on Star Plus!

Replacing the timeless romantic saga, Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is set to enthrall the audience with its young love story. The show is based on strong family values, interweaved with family relations and a love that blossoms despite all odds.Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is a story of promises and an immortal love that transcends all boundaries. It is set against a traditional Punjabi family backdrop. Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is the story of two friends Balraaj Maan (Virendra Saxena) and Lalit Juneja (Deepak Quazir) who live in Ambala and the promise they make to each other….the promise which decides the destiny of their children Heer (Additi Gupta) and Prem.

Commenting on the launch of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Anupama Mandloi, Sr. Creative Director, Star Plus, said, "Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is replacing Kasauti Zindagi Kay which has been a huge success on the channel and it is only apt that a beautifully crafted, passionate love story about an eternal, pre-destined love should take its place. The show is bound to enthrall women of all ages with its colourful characters, its rustic feel and the story of a young man and woman whose journey of love has been decided even before they came into existence. We are very excited with this new offering for the viewers and are confident that they will enjoy this fresh saga of love"

Ekta Kapoor, Creative Director, Balaji Telefilms, further added, "I would only love to describe this as an ethereal story from the heart. This show is bound to ignite the magic of love and romance on television once again. I hope that you enjoy watching it, as much as I have enjoyed making it". Leaving no stone unturned in making the show a grand success, Ekta has consulted noted numerologist Sanjay Jumaani and has asked Additi to add the extra 'D" to her name hoping it will bring good luck to her and the success to the show.

Character Sketches
Prem Juneja
Prem is Lalit and Maya Juneja"s son. He is the pillar of strength for the entire family and is looked upon at the time of any crises. He is an ideal son, brother, husband and a person with a golden heart. Prem has sacrificed his ambitions for his family by entering his family business and proving to be a helping hand for his dad.

For Prem, Maya"s words are the final nail in the coffin and he will do anything to make sure that Maya is happy. Prem is a good looking and a well-spoken man and has a great sense of humour. Prem is a man any girl would want to marry. He is the single thread that binds the entire family together.

Heer Maan (Additi Gupta)
Heer is the daughter of Balraj and Teji Maan. Heer is a lawyer by profession and is actively involved with NGOs. Heer is not a rebellious person but does not hold herself back before fighting for causes that she feels are right. Heer always abides by her parents wishes and can even give up her dreams if they came in the way of her family.

Stay tuned to watch the innocent love story of Prem and Heer in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, starting March 3rd, Mon-Thursday, 8.30pm, only on Star Plus!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /2008/kis-desh-mein-hai-meraa-dil-270208.html
-Preeti- thumbnail
Lalit Sen creates a melodious track for Balaji show

Thursday, February 28 2008  

Actresses   |   Events   |   Serial Stills
TV News

TV Specials
Bollywood"s acclaimed music director; Lalit Sen has composed a heart-rending score for Star Plus" new love saga, Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil. The song, sung by Richa Sharma and Krishnan N, is the title track of the serial. Renowned lyricist, Nawab Arzoo, has penned the lyrics of the track.

Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is a story of promises and an immortal love that transcends all boundaries. It is set against a traditional Punjabi family backdrop. Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is the story of two friends Balraaj Maan and Lalit Juneja who live in Ambala and the promise they make to each other….the promise which decides the destiny of their children Heer and Prem.
Replacing the timeless romantic saga, Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is set to enthrall the audience with its young love story. The show is based on strong family values, interweaved with family relations and a love that blossoms despite all odds.

Stay tuned to watch the innocent love story of Prem and Heer in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, starting March 3rd, Mon-Thursday, 8.30pm, only on Star Plus!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /2008/lalit-sen-title-track-280208.html
Edited by CINDRELLA - 16 years ago
-Preeti- thumbnail
Lalit Sen scores again for Balaji soap

MUMBAI: Composer Lalit Sen has created another melodious track for Balaji Telefilms' new soap, Kis Desh Mein Mein Mera Dil.

Sen is credited with the title track of Ekta Kapoor's hugely popular Kyun ki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, Kutumb and Kaisa yeh pyaar hai.

The song has been rendered by Richa Sharma and Krishnan N, while the lyrics have written by Nawab Arzoo.

Lalit Sen, who recently composed music for the movie Life Mein Kabhi Kabhi, was also seen as a judge in Amul Star Voice of India in Star Plus.

Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil is an innocent love story of Prem and Heer. This serial will go on air from 3 March at 8.30 pm, Mondays to Thursdays on Star Plus.

http://radioandmusic.com/headlines/y2k8/feb/26feb/lalit.php
Edited by CINDRELLA - 16 years ago
-Preeti- thumbnail

Ekta Kapoor launches new serial Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

Ekta Kapoor's is launching her new serial Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil  3rd March.

Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
The time slot of the serial will be 8:30 p.m prime-time , thus replacing the oldie, Kasautii Zindagii Kay. It is hoped that the show becomes an amazing hit.  

The name of the leading lady of the serial is Aditi Gupta. But since Ekta is  fond of numerology fixture and is very gullible about it, it is understood that she made a bit change on the lady's name, she simply added another D in Aditi to make  it more powerful.

So wait and watch for another capacious serial from Balaji.

http://www.bestdesi.com/

-Preeti- thumbnail

Balaji bares its teeth

Ekta Kapoor is keen that actors of her show look good. Recently she instructed Additi Gupta aka Heer of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil to straighten her set of teeth

Vickey Lalwani

Additi Gupta

Smile please, Additi. Actually, no. Wait a second. Don't smile. Ekta has instructed the lead girl of her new show, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Additi Gupta, to straighten her teeth so that she can have a perfect smile. Additi's teeth are a little uneven.

Says a source, "Ekta naturally finds Additi beautiful but she wants her to look better. Hence, she told Additi to get her teeth straightened. Additi's teeth are uneven and crooked."

When contacted, Additi confirms that she has been given such a directive. "I was anyway planning to get this repair job done in the next few days. I am aware that a few of my teeth in the lower front are crooked. If the repair job is done, I will have a much better smile." Additi added that she would be visiting a dental surgeon for the same in the next few days.

Ekta Kapoor

Not so long ago, Ekta consulted numerologist Sanjay B Jumaani to ensure that this show becomes an immediate success. He in turn told Additi to add and extra 'D' to her name. Does D stand for 'dental', Additi?

Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil has replaced Kasautii Zindagi Kay on Star Plus from March 3. The show is set in a traditional Punjabi family. The story revolves around a promise made by two friends and how the consequences of this pact affect the lives of their children. It's certainly affected Additi, but grin and bear it, babes! It's only for the better says Balaji…

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=20080304200803040314375183bf11c5
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Ekta confident about Kis Desh Mein…

Soap queen Ekta Kapoor is very confident about her new find Additi, the lead (Heer) of her new show Kis Desh Mein Hain Meraa Dil which will be replacing Kasauti. Ekta had a chat with us about the show.

On her new show, she says, "It is the story of two nations – India and Canada. The presentation and look of the show is unique. Based on Punjabi tradition, the treatment given is young and that is why I have taken fresh faces."

Shedding some more light on the show, she says, "Heer is a very simple girl who accepts all decision taken by her parents. Her parents decide a boy for her but destiny has something else in store for her. On the other hand, Prem (male lead) is mamma's boy but also the one who keeps the family together. There is one vamp in the show and that is destiny. They are needed for TRPs."

She is confident that the new faces will be able to make an impression. "They will surely create magic and will able to show the required passion. We had taken auditions from all over India but my team selected Additi. She was perfect for this role. Heer's Ranjha (read Prem) has not been selected yet but will surely be a very romantic guy."

Tasneem Sheikh, who will play the part of the vamp, adds, "Mine is a performance oriented character with various shades. I am there in the show to add tadka otherwise it would be like a meal without salt."

Kis Desh Mein Hain Mera Dil will go air from Monday, March 3 at 8.30pm. The star cast includes Deepak Qazir, Kshama Deshpande, Sadhna Singh,Virendra Singh and others.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/880449