Debate Mansion

Are women really free from social rules? - Page 4

bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

This content was originally posted by: preet_ic

Rape the most henious crime hardly punishes the rapists but blames the victim? why? because girls are not supposed to be going out or let loose . Now, how many of us have not blamed the victims.We need attitude change.

Lastly, if a collective effort is made we can change the world because if anyone of us feels unsafe then we all ae unsafe.

πŸ‘Spot on! πŸ‘

And for the Rape thing...that is so true! The victim is ALWAYS blamed! (now i am just assuming that the rapist is male and the victim is female...as majority of the cases are for that)

It's always like, "oh the girl probably asked for it. she probably gave them that message" and it's like, yes...the girl ASKED to be raped. the girl ASKED to be violated. the girl ASKED to be scarred for life.
You know what the most disturbing thing is? That the above dialogues are said by WOMEN!
And the men back it up by sayin that she should've covered up...so what, are men like janwar, jahan pe meat dekha, wahan pe hamla? And think about it, men run around shirtless...they dont get raped, and if a woman wears a fitted top, it's her fault? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It is only in the recent times that men see half covered women in different light, in the old days, women wore saris and blouses and actually the women who worked in the fields would hitch their saris up and their legs would be exposed. Women used to breastfeed in a quiet corner too. It didn't mean the men would jump on these women.

Some where in the progression of society, men have stopped giving respect to women in the same way they respect their mothers, daughters, sisters or female relatives.
music_rules thumbnail
Times are changing...but yeah i don't feel that women are truly free....i agree
pretty much with each and everyone. It's just the way of thinking but that's
so true........a womens life is so hard......when she's born she has to listen to
her parents until....she's married...then listen to her husband....
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail
Chameli Rocks and seems pretty liberated.. πŸ˜†
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
All have their own freedom in this world...But no one free from social rules...I think its not a law..naturaly its happen... 😊 But living in same system its boring 😳 ..Every body talk about rules nobody try to Break the rules... πŸ˜ƒ
pallavi25 thumbnail
The world is ruled by men, its a male-dominated world, and society.
All the rules, religious, social were made by men, whether leaders of church, temple or sect.
Thats why women will always be treated as second-class citizens in all fields.
Even though they earn, they will never get the same respect and salary as men.
This is true in Western countries too.

The only way women can exert their influence is from the home. If each mother teaches her son to respect women....starting from today....then the next generation will see a different picture.

pallavi
unfortunately, the answer is NO.
corvette thumbnail
Social rules are observed only by those that want to be a partof that society.

If the rules stink, make up your own! πŸ˜‰

Yeah, I like that!!!! πŸ˜†

😑 M 😑

dp_p thumbnail
Why to follow rules if you want to break them πŸ˜†
corvette thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: dp_p

Why to follow rules if you want to break them πŸ˜†

Because to break rules is naughty...and being naughty is definitely fun!!!πŸ˜‰

Incidentally, they have to be somebody else's rules...my rule is to have none that are to my detrimentπŸ˜†

😑M😑