*Book of the Month: P.S I love you*

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome friends to another exciting discussion of the book of the Month! This time u had all had choosen PS I love you by Cecelia Ahern!

A breif story about the book thanks to yahoo.com:

Set in Ireland, Holly Kennedy is beautiful, mart and married to the love of her life--a passionate, funny and impetuous Irishman named Gerry. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry. So it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of 10 letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in rediscovering herself. The messages are Gerry's way of informing Holly life goes on. The messages include various different tasks and treats Gerry has left for Holly. This is his way of letting her know he will always be there for her. In the months that follow, more letters from Gerry are delivered in surprising ways, each sending her on a new adventure and each signing off in the same way: "P.S. I Love You." Holly's mother and best friends, Sharon and Denise, begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but, in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly embarks on a journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into new beginning for life.

We had asked you all to read the Book by the 19th March and Today is that date so i hope all of have read the Book.. So lets start discussing! πŸ˜ƒ

Book. Talk Dev Team

^^^Oh wow this book look really interesting πŸ˜ƒ thanx pooji, now i'll read this book πŸ˜ƒ

I haven't read this book coz I am not a an ardent readerπŸ˜› I dont like reading stuff but maybe I would watch the movie(starring Hilary Swank i thinkπŸ˜›) since it seems interesting enufπŸ˜›

^^^Yes the movie is out also now, but I think movie does not explains in detail as books 😳

^^ True movies dont get into detail but I just can't make myself sit for hours and read a book :|

^^^Lol, reading ur post reminded me of me.. πŸ˜† well who I was few yrs back 😳 but now totally book worm 😳 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ well enjoy the movie πŸ˜ƒ
Well i did try to read the book but somehow i dont like books with sad feel to it and even through this book was not a complelty saddy-saddy type there was always a sad feel attached to id and i cant read dat! 😳

Moderator's Note:

Edited,

Nothing to do With discussion.

Edited by anon - 15 years ago
I guess no one here has read the book! I read this book over 2 months ago and I even caught the movie!

This was one book that actualy brings out emotions. It is surely not a master piece but it is surely worth a read. There are many places where you will find yourself laughing or smiling and many parts where you'll find yourself crying!

The movie on the other hand is good but quite different from the book. The movie and the book cannot be compared because the essense of the two is different at a certain level! However both do stir you up emotionally, just differently!

Shruti
Posted: 15 years ago
i read this book quite some time back so my memory of it is a little hazy... and i hvnt seen the movie but i heard that they drastically chnaged the movie from the book!

The book, from what i can remember ws really nice when i read it some time back! Cecelia Ahern is a really talented writer! The idea of sending 10 letters after he died was just soo sweet! Some parts were really touching and others would crack me up! Oveall a must read book! πŸ˜ƒ

i think Cecelia Ahern's best book till date is Where Rainbows End... this is one book i'l never forget! 😳