DOTW: Ingreditions for a good Book

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome friends to another discussion of the week! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This week's discussion is simple.. What are the contents which makes a book good? What are the things wanted in a book to be called a good book? What things do writers keep in mind while writing books? What are the special mirch masala which should be added?

Share ur views,

Book Talk. Dev Team

Quality
Realism in whatever u do. Not making stuff seem "stupid" and
It shouldn't insult ur intelligence.
Most Importantly, Reader finds a part in Great Books. The Author doesn't DICTATE. He simply narrates.
- vocabulary should be simple
- should catch the interest of the readers
- simple narration without exaggerating
should be in easy english and with pictures so that it would be easy to feel

Uma
Good topic

for a good book... there has to be a good start... great middle... irony ending ... lol

plus not tooo detailed...
๐Ÿ˜†
Nice DOTW poo!

Well i feel that A good book should:
-- have a nice cover
-- an interesting summary/prelude of the story
-- the story itself should be great
-- i should be able to identify with the lead characters
-- The author/narrator should manage to provide narrative continuity to each area and, above all, a sense of perspective

In most cases..i think a good book has all the above written things...but also one imp thing...it should make me laugh and cry as well;;

Love,
Gracella

I feel for me to make the book intresting first of all it has 2 have romance..๐Ÿ˜† (Very Imp..[LOL) even a little.. Den ofcourse the plot shud be good.. Shud intrest me.. Dere shud be a book bulb at the back of the book..๐Ÿ˜† D writing shud not be 2 small and the book shud not have like 1000 pages..๐Ÿ˜† And NO SAD ENDINGS!๐Ÿ˜†

The book should be spontaneous,with good narration, the reader should think he/she is a part or something related to the theme upto the end.

Cooking style main bola thoo....

3 Cup Suger....๐Ÿ˜ณ

2 spoon Masaala๐Ÿ˜‰

10 gm Ginger๐Ÿ˜ƒ

3,4 Pc Hot Mirchi๐Ÿ˜‰

100 gm Thrill๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Then ek book interesting hogaa....๐Ÿ˜‰

Mills n boons or Harold robins books is somethinng like this๐Ÿ˜†

"The Client" is a good book(forget the name of the auther, read five years ago),there is no romance,but there is violence and corruption. it is about the a little kid and his desolate mother and family and the brave lawyer(woman). His bravery brought the tuth in front of the judiciary. just read it I loved it very much