IMPORTANT: India Forums Members MUST read

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi Friends,

A very warm "Hiiiii !" 😊 and welcome to all the new members on our India Forums who have joined recently.

India Forums is getting popular and reaching new heights with everyday passing. And every day we see so many new friends joining us.

Ok regarding the recent server slowness it is due to high traffic and server usage and also have been aggravated due to different search engine bots from Google, Yahoo, MSN and other major search engines are busy indexing our entire website. So this has resulted into slow access to the site.

We have more interesting stuff lined up for our India Forums like Telly Awards, Weekly Podcasts, Members Contests and much more, and which we have delayed due to the server issue and which should be resolved soon by the end of this month.

As you all remember we moved our www.india-forums.com and www.india-forums.in to a clustered network of 3 servers around 3 months back thinking it will be able to sustain the load for the next 6 months but as we look at it now at the server load and bandwidth usage it looks to us that we again need to move it to high end Dual Xeon Unmetered servers as last month we crossed over 3 Terabytes (3100+ GB) data transfer on our .COM webserver which is pretty HUGE in terms of hosting bills. Inorder to take the forum forward with new features we are also working on getting advertisements.

We are already in the process of procuring new servers for the forum and would request you to bear with the slowness of the site at peak hours,  keep all those interesting discussions coming and always keep visiting our ever-evolving and ever-improving India Forums.

A forum is NOTHING without its member and each and every member is precious to us. Today we are a 32,500+ member forum and if we all are together then we have a great amount of potential in doing GREAT things and the possibilities are endless. All new ideas and suggestions for improvement (if feasible) will be implemented and certainly help us improving India Forums and in taking the India Forums bandwagon forward.

If you are NEW to the forum and still feel left out just make your own myHomepage (write a few lines about yourself, friends, family) and start participating in the discussions. This is how most of the members started.

If you need some assistance or help, feel free to contact our Global Moderators, Moderators, Coolbies, Viewbies active on the forum.

Cheers,
Vijay Bhatter
India Forums Development Group.

Edited by vijay - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nannu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Alot Vijay....

We r a big family just becoz of u.... 😛

I made so many Awesome friends here...😛

Thanks alot for everything...And we understand about the recent server slowness....

Thanks for posting this Vijay... 😃

I Love India-Forums....😛😃😳

Take care,
Keep Smiling,
God Bless u,
Nannu 😃 .
Edited by NANNU - 18 years ago
*Rashmi* thumbnail
Oh my God - Podcasts?!

Yay!! That's gonna be way cool... I listen to Harry Potter podcasts, but an IF one is just going to be wayyyyy cool. Thanks so much, Vijay, we really appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this.

Long live IF!
Anoli thumbnail

Hi Vijay!

Anoli Here!!!

Thnx 4 posting!!!

I can understand now dat y its getting slow & i hope I-F getz 100,000 members!!!

All d credit goes to u!!! GOD BLESS U!!!

Vijay i really like this coz dis way u get loadz of friends + u get to knw abt each other!!!😃

This is my own family now!!!

I JUST LOVE INDIA-FORUMS!!!!

Cheerz!!!!😛

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

heart*beat thumbnail
THANK U SOOO MUCH VIJAY for providing us with this forum...

IF rules!!! 👏 👏
mr vijay i think u have become a bit of a celebrity urself coz i think everyone on IF knows u... 😆 😆
good luck for the future! 😃
Life for Rent thumbnail
hey vijay... dont worry ppl will understand.... u have done a great job man......... keep it up
PixieDust91 thumbnail
wow...32,000 so fast! it was just like yesterday when i joined. i'm pretty sure that the the site'll be faster soon.

IF ROCKS!
sai14 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the update Vijay. I know you heard it million times from me but am telling once again, IF is a wonderful place and thank you for everything you do to make IF the best. I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank my fellow mods and the admins laks and sree and vijay for doing the great job you guys do. And the members, without each and everyone of you IF is never the same.Every single member of IF makes it the great place that it is.

And yes, as vijay said if you are new and still feel left out join in with the discussions. That's how i did when i was new here and now have made friends whom i couldn't live even for a day without talking to them! Do not feel shy! All of our IF members are friendly. So never feel left out!

-Sai
Edited by sai14 - 18 years ago
sukh thumbnail

Hi Vijay! how r doing.... 😊

Thnx 4 posting!!!
😛
I can understand now that y its getting slow & i hope I-F getz 100,000 0000000   members!!! yea i,m so happy. 😊

All d credit goes to u!!! GOD BLESS U!!! u r such a nice person who is all this for us.

Vijay i really like this coz dis way u get loadz of friends + u get to knw abt each other!!!

This is my own family now!!!
😊
I JUST LOVE INDIA-FORUMS!!!!
i feel so happy when i came here.. thax for everything.
take care......... 😊 😊

ur di.😳

Edited by sukh - 18 years ago
mikagurl23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you vijay for posting and i'd also liek to give a warm welcome to all the new members!!! welcome to I-F! And yes, I do have slow access to india-forums nowadays, it gets bit faster after 5 pm! Thank you once again vijay and may be reach heights on ladders! 👏 👏