Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Here are some questions which have been asked many times by members. Plz look under this section before asking a question as it may have been already answered here

1) How do I put my own picture on the Avatar?

If you want to put ur own picture on the Avatar, this is what you have to do:

• Save the picture you want (you can take it from anywhere on the internet or even scan one) on your PC in a folder like "My Pictures" (for example)
  • Make sure that the picture is .gif or .jpg and is max. 40KB or it will not load.
  • Go to Settings and click on Edit Profile
  • Click on Upload Avatar and a small box pops up
  • Click on Browse
  • Go to "My Pictures" and click on the picture u want
  • Click OK in the small box
  • It might take some time to upload depending on the speed of ur computer
  • Once the picture uploads, it will appear in the small screen in the Avatar section
  • Click Update Profile

OR

• Copy and paste the URL of the pic in the Upload avatar box in the  blank rectanguler area above "Upload Avatar".
  • Click the "Preview" button.
  • Click "Update Profile" (Thanks to KK_Lassi for the info)

2) How do I upload a picture in the body of my message?

Image Upload Click on this button on ur message toolbar and upload the picture from ur PC. The upload method is similar to that for Avatar. The picture has to be a Max of 150 KB and only .gif, .jpg or .png

You can click on this icon if u want to upload a picture directly from the internet.

3) What is the purpose of member classifications such as Newbies, Groupies, Coolbies, etc?

It is a means of identifying members so that specific questions can be asked directly to the people in charge.

For questions about serial updates, contact the Coolbies

To report abuse, contact the Administrator or Moderators

4) Member Groups

====================
There are 3 Ladder Groups
====================

0-49 posts : Newbie

50 - 199 posts : Groupie

200-1000 : Senior Members

1000-3000: Goldie 

3000+ : IF-Dazzler ***NEW***

====================
Three Non-Ladder Groups
====================

Coolbie are the members who write updates for the Forum like Deadly, Exquisite and others and are the most valuable members.

Viewbies Any member who believes they have the ability to contribute more than being a member by promoting healthy discussion, sense and prevent collisions.  This is a great opportunity for the members to become more active in their favourite forums and work on their people's skill and make many more new friends.  VIEWBIES will be like the Watch-Dogs of India-Forums. They are the members who will have limited moderating rights so that they can help the moderators work more efficiently. 

Moderators and Administrator

Take care of the day to day activity of the forum and smooth functioning of the forum.

5) How do I Quote a Member's message?

Click on the "Quote" button on the upper right hand corner of the member's message and type your message below.

6) An offensive message, personally attacking a member(s) has been posted under a topic. What do I do?

Please report such a message to the Moderators by using the PM (Private Messaging) system. Include the link to the offensive message or give the exact location of the post (Forum section and topic and member ID). We do try to read all messages, but sometimes we may miss a topic or two.

7) Unable to login to India-Forums ?

This is generally caused due to the untimely corruption in the Cookie set on your computer. Please delete all Internet Temporary Files and Cookies from your computer and try logging again. This should solve your problem

8) Unable to ACTIVATE my account ?

Please write a mail to vijay @ india-forums.com with the following details for Manual Activation:

• Name:
  • Username:
  • Email:

9) How are Moderators Selected?

Moderators are usually picked directly by the Development Group (Global Moderators and the Administrator) and candidates will be approached directly by the Administrator. Quality and nature of posts are two factors looked at when considering new mods. This means the tone of your posts, neutrality, ability to solve conflicts/problems, and ability to work in a team are factored in. There is no minimum post count required.

New questions about the site will be continuously added...dont hesitate to ask them. 

Please do not post any "thanks" or just "emoticons"  on this thread. All non-related posts will be automatically deleted.

Edited by vijay - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allegra thumbnail
Coolbie= members who write serial updates
Groupie= members who've posted more than 50 messages
Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5

do you tell us when we become one of those mentioned above? If not, who do we know?

Ashwirya Shetty thumbnail

Hi Princess, your member (group) status automatically changes when you post certain numbers of messages and you will be able to notice it as the group status is mentioned under your ID (name). For example, you are a 'newbie' now, after you post 49 messages, you become a 'groupie' on your 50th post.

If you notice that your group status has not changed on your 50th post, you can send a PM to any of the moderators.

I hope that helps.

anniegupta_ thumbnail
hey when you wanna copy something from someone's forum and it appears like "annie said(in bold) and then what hat person said"...

what do you do? like what i'm trying to say is if i want to quote something that someone said in thier forum?

*Anjali* thumbnail
annie, you click on quote (in the upper right hand corner above the post) and it will quote what that person said.  I always click on "preview post" (before actually posting it) just to make sure it turned out right. hope that helps
anniegupta_ thumbnail
hey i have a Q.- is there anything above senior member for the ladder group?
Morgoth thumbnail

There are no ladder groups above senior member.

Moderator elections will not be conducted again. Members with potential will be approached directly by the Administrator.

KK_lassi thumbnail
Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

Here are some questions which have been asked many times by members. Plz look under this section before asking a question as it may have been already answered here 😊

1) How do I put my own picture on the Avatar?

If you want to put ur own picture on the Avatar, this is what you have to do:

Save the picture you want (you can take it from anywhere on the internet or even scan one) on your PC in a folder like "My Pictures" (for example) Make sure that the picture is .gif or .jpg and is max. 40KB or it will not load. Go to Settings and click on Edit Profile Click on Upload Avatar and a small box pops up Click on Browse Go to "My Pictures" and click on the picture u want Click OK in the small box It might take some time to upload depending on the speed of ur computer Once the picture uploads, it will appear in the small screen in the Avatar section
  • Click Update Profile

Hey Mystica,

Here's what i did for uploading an Avataar.

Firstly, I had saved the pic in " My Pictures " .

then i clicked on the  " Upload " option.

I was patient for a long time.

Suddenly, the uploading had stopped!!

So then,

I " Copy- pasted " the address of the pic , given in the upload  avatar box in the  blank rectanguler area  above " Upload Avataar " .

Then i clicked on the "Preview" option side to it.

My pic was displayed there.

then i clicked on " Update Profile " option, and my avataar was uploaded.

😊

Morgoth thumbnail

Hi Minnie

If you are interested in writing updates, contact the Aministrator Vijay by a PM and let him know about it.