Da Vinci Code/Angels & Demons...

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
Hi...๐Ÿ˜Š

I finished reading Da Vinci Code๐Ÿ˜ณ So as always, thought of asking you all your opinion on the book... Did you not find it so thrilling๐Ÿ‘ I will give my view after sometime... So how would you rate the book on a scale of 10?

Also, I wish to have you rate the second book - Angels & Demons... How about - if we could compare the two, their plots, their high points and their negatives...

Thnx in advance...๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are two of the best thrillers I have read till now..very much gripping and engrossing...
Its interesting how both of Dan Browns books which had Robert Langdon as the protagonist were just terrific...a lucky charm for him huh?!๐Ÿ˜‰
Angels and Demons is just a perfect predecessor for Da Vinci...reading one after the other is just delightful...I found both of them equally fast Paced and interesting. Th author manages to Hold your interest till the end that thats no mean feat. A book should be compared to is own kind. Never mind , Fcat or Fiction, its a thrilling ride. I give both buks Thumbs up, for they are Both compelling reads...they both deliver the goods.
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
lotus2007 thumbnail
grat discussion!!!!๐Ÿ‘I love to discuss my favourite books!!!๐Ÿ˜Š
Da Vinci Code is just awesome!!!!!!!!I loved it a lot!!! hats of to Dan Brown๐Ÿ˜ƒ!!!!!!!Robert Langdon is great๐Ÿ˜ณ!!!!the plot of book is wonderful!!!I really enjoyed it a lot!!!!๐Ÿ‘one of the best woks of Ban Brown!!!!!...
Angals and Demons is really good tooo!!!!but I loved Da Vinci Code more!!!after that I prefer Dacception Point!!!read it too!..if you havent read it yet!!!nice book!!!!
Dan Brown knows how to keep his main plot in suspence!!!and its the most wonderful thing in his books!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Lotus.๐Ÿ˜‰   
smallwonder thumbnail
Thnx for the replies... I really loved Da Vinci Code... The best part of the book and most thrilling episode came towards the end - say the last 30 pages or so when Langdon and Sophie go to Edinburgh... I really never had guessed any of those events and outcomes, it was quite interesting... With Angels & Demons, I liked the way they decipher each location, but somehow the suspect and some events were predictable... I really like the way Dan Brown fills in so much of information in his books pertaining to art/history/religion/technology etc... It interests me as much as the main plot of the book...

Ii had one doubt - was the final location of the grail in da vinci code just an imagination or is it really there๐Ÿ˜•

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^^The epilogue is one of the very few parts of the book which left quite a distaste in me...Found it rather stupid and unnecessary. But Its just a fig of his imagination...Brown was simply underlying the fact that this book is just his own imagination and no forcing anything on anyone..as every fictitious work has "The End", Brown Chose to give "The End" here too...
smallwonder thumbnail
Why ๐Ÿ˜› Dont u feel it would leave an incompleteness if the reader doesnt get to know at the end that wat was the final destination - even if just his imagination ๐Ÿ˜ณ When they ended the book I was feeling very agitated that why has he left it undisclosed, but when I read the epilogue, at least ur quest is satisfied... Also, I thought it was very interesting as another "double meaning" clue that Sophie's grandpa gave... ๐Ÿ˜› Its just my opinion but, I might be wrong ๐Ÿ˜ณ
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
I love Books which dont come to "The End".
I feel that all those who write an epilogue for the sake of it are Convention bound...
there are epilogues which I have Loved for these havent been "The ends" but rather have been chosen as 'epilogues' simply bcoz what the author wants to say thru the epilogue isnt anything to add to the 'intention' of the novel, but arrival at a conclusive motivation for life.
smallwonder thumbnail
Hi Friends๐Ÿ˜Š

I finished up with the 4th of Dan Brown finally๐Ÿ˜ƒ - Deception Point... I thought of discussing it here itself rather than a new topic...๐Ÿ˜Š After reading all of them I found a few similarities between them... I felt that the person guilty in all of the books didnt quite have any solid or justifiable reason to commit the crimes๐Ÿ˜• Does anyone feel so? I found the arguments quite weak... Also, the two protagonists in all the books happened to end up together for a night after all of the thing is solved and done - thats how they all end๐Ÿ˜† But they do make for a good read... My liking for them goes in this order Digital Fortress -> Deception Point -> Da Vinci Code -> Angels & Demons

So, could anyone suggest what to read next? I really liked Dan Brown style of writing...

Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hey good post. i love dan brown books-i learn so much!
i like them in this order
angels and demons
digital fortress
da vinci code
deception point
Posted: 15 years ago
I loved it best thing about it i love was way messages are left through some famous paintings etc and fact that way its presented is soo good makes you think could be true..really good bock.

Got angels and demons not read it yet...