DOTW - April 11, 2008

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Unfortunately, I have no clue what the name of this episode was because the beginning of the posted video is cut off.  Please let me know if you know it.

Overall, I found this to be an interesting episode.  There were several subplots, but they were all able to tie in to the initial story at the end.  Acting of the main cast was good as usual, and I'm quite impressed with the new girls.  This is the first episode I've seen with them and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

So what is your opinion?  Here are some discussion questions to consider:

1. Did you miss Abhijeet?  Does anyone have any idea how long he'll be missing in action?

2. There are still some terrible guest actors on CID. For example, when the CID informed Riya's family about her death, the acting of the woman who played her bhabhi (Gina) seemed very fake and her dialogue delivery was awful (IMO).  Do you think the cast selector should play more attention to the acting skills of the supporting cast?

3. How do you think the two new female officers performed in this episode?

4. What was your initial reaction when you discovered that Annie's Fashion House was a sham?

5. I was shocked to see Fredericks beat a man up just because he claimed he couldn't remember something.  Do you think it was justified or should they have tried something less violent first?

6. Lavanya was brave to challenge Mahin on her own (especially since he had a knife and she didn't seem to have weapon), but don't you think it was a little reckless?  Wouldn't it have been safer for her to yell for help?

7. When Daya recognized the photo of 'Gudiya', who did you think it was?  When you found out who it really was, were you shocked?

8. Riya seemed completely fine and healthy until the wig was taken off, and then she suddenly died.  The poison should have at least made her weak.  This was never explained clearly.  Blooper perhaps?  What do you think?

9. What was your overall impression of the episode?

Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by SuhanaSafar

Unfortunately, I have no clue what the name of this episode was because the beginning of the posted video is cut off.  Please let me know if you know it.

Most Probably the name is -- case of the Contract killer

Overall, I found this to be an interesting episode.  There were several subplots, but they were all able to tie in to the initial story at the end.  Acting of the main cast was good as usual, and I'm quite impressed with the new girls.  This is the first episode I've seen with them and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

So what is your opinion?  Here are some discussion questions to consider:

1. Did you miss Abhijeet?  Does anyone have any idea how long he'll be missing in action?

Yes, ofcourse, I am terribly missing him. as he is missing Abhi-Daya chemistry is missing, he should come back wherever he is. I think may be he's busy with some film shoot. but enough, he should come back now.

2. There are still some terrible guest actors on CID. For example, when the CID informed Riya's family about her death, the acting of the woman who played her bhabhi (Gina) seemed very fake and her dialogue delivery was awful (IMO).  Do you think the cast selector should play more attention to the acting skills of the supporting cast?

yes, I have also noticed that. the acting is terrible, how they hire the people like them who doesn't know "a" of acting?? definitely the cast selector should pay more attention to the supportive cast and choose them wisely.

3. How do you think the two new female officers performed in this episode?

good, not bad, lavanya should improve her acting skill, I mean her dialogue delivary is not good enough to stick to CID.

4. What was your initial reaction when you discovered that Annie's Fashion House was a sham?

I was shocked, there was not a single clue to see the store that it's all fake.

5. I was shocked to see Fredericks beat a man up just because he claimed he couldn't remember something.  Do you think it was justified or should they have tried something less violent first?

yes, the team should be mild at first, he could be taken in the bureau and then some tough interrogation might help them, beating up an old man wasn't in the card of CID, but now,the directors are new, and their mind set are new, so they are showing more arrogance and violence like this.

6. Lavanya was brave to challenge Mahin on her own (especially since he had a knife and she didn't seem to have weapon), but don't you think it was a little reckless?  Wouldn't it have been safer for her to yell for help?

yes, a CID officer should be brave enough, good job by lavanya, but I think they are trying to show lavanya a little too much brave & good. Good for CID if she stays long .

7. When Daya recognized the photo of 'Gudiya', who did you think it was?  When you found out who it really was, were you shocked?

I exactly thought whom they showed. in fact at the very first when CID broke the news of riya's death to them , I thought may be Jina is the killer so she was doing so much drama.

8. Riya seemed completely fine and healthy until the wig was taken off, and then she suddenly died.  The poison should have at least made her weak.  This was never explained clearly.  Blooper perhaps?  What do you think?

May be a blopper, may not be, this kind of slow poisoning cases I have watched before, but there also they didn't show the gradual weakness of the victim before the death. may be a blopper this is, but a minor one this time.

9. What was your overall impression of the episode?

good one, some portions couldn't understand but it's not the fault of CID, it's due to load shedding , didn't see yet the online video, so overall the episode is good, waiting for Abhijeet's come back