Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago

Double birthday celebrations for Neha Bamb

Neha Bamb (Mahi from Maayka) celebrated her birthday yesterday (May 9). Her fianc Rishi Jhaveri had already made her day by taking her out for dinner the day before. And on her birthday, it's her friends who planned to give her a special treat.

"Like every year, my friends planned a party for me, I guess, because they had asked me to keep myself free and be decked up on the 9th. So I celebrated with Rishi a day in advance," says the chulbuli actress, who became famous after playing Kripa in Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai.

When asked about her marriage plans Neha said, "That will take place the end of this year and the engagement ceremony would be at the start of the same month."

Neha has already received her birthday present from Rishi. "In the US they have a promise ring before the engagement ceremony. Since my big day is far, he has presented me with a solitaire promise ring and heart-shaped solitaire earrings too!"

We spoke to her best friend Daljeet Kaur (Niyati), who said, "I wish her best of luck and lots of success in the coming months. She is very sweet and her heart remains pure and sweet. Many Many Happy returns of day."

Interview with Neha Bamb

Friday, August 03, 2007
11:02 IST

There are actors who need many shows to their credit to mark them famous and there is Neha Bamb, who, with just two shows has found a place for herself in the popular league. Her debut on television as Kripa in the Balaji daily 'Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hain' made a profound impact and as a seedhi-saadhi and loving Mahi, she has continued to woo viewers.

Her personal life reflects a happy picture too. By the end of this year, she will leave her own 'Maayka' and will settle for marital bliss with her college sweetheart Rishi Zaveri.

The pretty lady talks about the show, life and marriage.

How has your Maayka experience been so far?

It is super cool! I work 28 days a month and the shift is never extended beyond 12 hours.

How much do you relate to your character Mahi in 'Maayka'?

Mahi is a typical Indian, married to a contemporary guy who has graduated abroad. I am not at all desi like her and am not interested in other people's life like my character is. I don salwar kameez on very select functions while Mahi wears it on a daily basis. She wears a chotti and I never tie my hair.

Did the switch in production houses, from Klassic Production to Creative Eye make any difference to you?

It made no difference. For me, only the person who is going to make the payments has changed. My ex-co-stars were really wrong. I feel people have their own choices. We tried talking to the channel to give the actors a second chance but eventually things didn't work out. It is more organized now with Creative Eye coming into the picture.

How's your affinity with the latest member of the show, Aroona Irani?

I am acting with her for the first time. She has no airs in spite of being a senior and so popular. She behaves normally and is very nice on the sets. We relate to her perfectly.

Any news shows on your mind?

Yes. Talks are on for a weekly on Star Plus.

Hasn't Balaji offered you anything post 'Kaisa Yeah…'?

I was offered Khwaish. I was told it would be telecast only in UAE and I was expected to stay in Dubai. But now the show is being aired in India too. But I have no regrets of not taking it up.

You have done movies down south. Why not Hindi films?

I have a mental block when it comes to Bollywood. I am happy with doing television and south Indian films.

What kind of a person is Neha Bamb?

I am a very normal and simple girl. I am basically an introvert but amiable with people I know, but can blow my fuse at times.

Tell us about the love of your life and your wedding plans.

I will be getting married to Rishi Zaveri, a diamond businessman. I have known him for seven years. The wedding to be held in December will be as per traditional customs, as I am a Marwari. The roka is done and the engagement will be held a day before the D day.

Will you quit acting after marriage?

No. In fact I won't even be taking a break from 'Maayka' as I have the responsibility of a show. I will just take two weeks off for my wedding.

Which other TV shows do you watch, besides 'Maayka'?

I like 'Virrudh.' In my opinion Smriti is a fantastic actor.

Do you miss Smriti in 'Kyunki'?

Yes I do. 'Kyunki' has been running for the past seven years and one is so used to seeing the same face. Gautami too is doing a good job and is a fine person in real life, but at times I feel she is too petite to be a grandmom of such elderly children.

Any passions other than acting?

I love going out with my fianc Rishi and friends. I also have a fetish for all girlie things like shoes, clothes and diamonds!

How's your affinity with the latest member of the show, Aroona Irani?

I am acting with her for the first time. She has no airs in spite of being a senior and so popular. She behaves normally and is very nice on the sets. We relate to her perfectly.

Any news shows on your mind?

Yes. Talks are on for a weekly on Star Plus.

Hasn't Balaji offered you anything post 'Kaisa Yeah…'?

I was offered Khwaish. I was told it would be telecast only in UAE and I was expected to stay in Dubai. But now the show is being aired in India too. But I have no regrets of not taking it up.

You have done movies down south. Why not Hindi films?

I have a mental block when it comes to Bollywood. I am happy with doing television and south Indian films.

What kind of a person is Neha Bamb?

I am a very normal and simple girl. I am basically an introvert but amiable with people I know, but can blow my fuse at times.

Tell us about the love of your life and your wedding plans.

I will be getting married to Rishi Zaveri, a diamond businessman. I have known him for seven years. The wedding to be held in December will be as per traditional customs, as I am a Marwari. The roka is done and the engagement will be held a day before the D day.

Will you quit acting after marriage?

No. In fact I won't even be taking a break from 'Maayka' as I have the responsibility of a show. I will just take two weeks off for my wedding.

Which other TV shows do you watch, besides 'Maayka'?

I like 'Virrudh.' In my opinion Smriti is a fantastic actor.

Do you miss Smriti in 'Kyunki'?

Yes I do. 'Kyunki' has been running for the past seven years and one is so used to seeing the same face. Gautami too is doing a good job and is a fine person in real life, but at times I feel she is too petite to be a grandmom of such elderly children.

Any passions other than acting?

I love going out with my fianc Rishi and friends. I also have a fetish for all girlie things like shoes, clothes and diamonds!

Shilpa and Neha continue their cat fight  

Monday, February 11 2008

The ongoing cat and mice fights between the two sisters of Maayka, Neha Bamb aka Mahi and Shilpa Shinde aka Soni has been the talk of the town ever since the Zee Rishton Ka Utsav awards, wherein Neha collected an award on behalf of her on screen sister and later, hit hard at her and went on to say that it was rude on Shilpa's part to not attend the awards function.

As this rivalry continues, we decided to talk to the gorgeous ladies themselves, and know more on this.. We catch on with Neha first, as she says, "Probably Shilpa feels that she is not getting right importance in the serial. Actually Shilpa was very much uncomfortable during my wedding when I used to pack up early. She always complained to the unit questioning them as to why I left early always.."

Now moving on to Shilpa, as she says," It all started after the award function when we got the best sisters award. She didn't even congratulate me and what was worse was she did lose my trophy. On top of that, she said you should have been there". Wonder what the real reason for this rivalry is, but as we ponder whether everything buds from Soni's insecurity complex or Mahi's rude persona, the fact that will always remain unchanged is that the viewers love to see these ssiters together on screen.

As we get further reports that these two are not even in talking terms with each other, we cannot help much in this issue, other than hoping that all goes well between the two ladies at least in the near future..

Star Plus moves from 'saas-bahu' sagas to 'gharelu nuskey'  

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

After capturing a chunk of the Indian television market with its saas-bahu sagas, Star Plus has now come up with a useful show for its audience. Starting August 20, "Star Dopahar Ke Gharelu Nuskey" will feature simple, household remedies, interesting trivia and useful tips for problems like cloth stains, oily skin, common cold and burnt milk.

It will be aired from 1 pm to 3 pm , Monday through Friday. Hosted by television actress Neha Bamb, the interactive show will cover a range of topics like fitness, beauty, glamour, home and health. Guess, homemakers now have a better excuse to get hooked to television in the afternoons.
Aarti Singh hoping to get her due  

Monday, June 25, 2007  

Aarti Singh who plays Soni Malhotra in Zee TV's five month old show 'Maayka' happens to be the niece of Bollywood actor Govinda.

Acting runs in her blood and she is very passionate about her work but by now the audiences must be wondering as to why her character Soni, the second daughter of the family, is not given much importance in comparison to Raaji and Maahi played by Urmila Kanitkar and Neha Bamb respectively.

When the actress was asked about this, she said, "When I had signed the show, I was being told this. I'm keeping my patience."

The buzz is that the time has come for this actress as from July onwards her efforts will be paid off as her character gets more concrete. This is good news for not only Aarti but for her family as well which includes her actor brother Krishna Abhishek, who was in news recently for his relationship with Kashmira Shah and her maasi(aunt) Kamini Khanna who is an actress, anchor and a composer in her own right. She says her family is very proud of her and Govinda has been greatly supportive.

"Chi Chi uncle has even appreciated my acting skills when he got the chance to catch a few episodes of the show" ,reveals Aarti.

So watch out for Aarti aka Soni as she gears up for some action in the process making her folks proud.

Flat-tering gift

Even before her marriage, Neha Bamb has started receiving dream gifts. To begin with, it's a flat from pa-in-law

Ranjib Mazumder

The building in which Neha has received a flat
Neha Bamb aka Maahi Malhotra of Maayka, who is getting married to Rishi Zaveri, is one lucky bahu. Though her marriage to the scion of a prominent business family is scheduled for December, she has already received a dream wedding gift from her father-in-law. Neha's father-in-law has gifted a flat to the couple.

Neha zeroed in on a flat on the 5th floor, on 12TH road in Chembur, after a rigorous hunt. Interestingly, this was also the first time that the couple's choice matched. Says Neha, "Rishi and I are poles apart. We must have checked out at least a hundred flats before selecting our dream house that both of us liked. When we entered the house it reflected positive energy. I am very excited about it," she says.

But, buying the house was not hassle-free for the couple. This house was already promised to another customer. But Neha was hell bent on having it. That's when Neha's father stepped in. "I have always been spoilt by choice, more because of my father. So, when I realised that the house was already given to somebody else, I just put my foot down and asked my father that I wanted only that particular flat. Luckily, my father knew the builder very well, and he made sure that we get the deal. Although, it's a gift from Rishi's father, my father really helped finally acquire it," she adds.

Neha is currently staying at Ghatkopar (East) and Rishi is staying at Hiranandani. So, the new home had to be equidistant. "We chose the place as we could be close to our in-law's place," Neha says.

Though Neha does not believe in vastu shastra or feng shui, she is going by her mother's instructions as far as the interiors are concerned. "I am not an avid follower of those things. But, my mother has given me some tips which I am going to follow, like, no mirror opposite the bed," she adds.

The actress does not like too much clutter and loves wide spaces. She also has plans about how she will do it up. She says, "The house has a cute balcony. I want the white floorings with a contrasting black couch. Since both of are fond of watching movies, I want to have a big plasma TV. I also want a small dining table to save the space," Neha says.

Neha's wedding on December 6 in Mumbai will be typically Marwari affair. She says, "It will be a typical Marwari wedding and preparations have started in full swing. Everybody is mighty enthusiastic about it," she adds.

For whom the bell tolls!

Maayka star Neha Bamb to marry college sweetheart Rishi Zaveri in December

Ranjib Mazumder

Neha Bamb
Wedding bells will toll soon for Neha Bamb. Maahi Malhotra of Maayka will leave her maayka soon for her in-laws' place.  TV fraternity's black books have been earmarked for December this year.

Neha seems to be over the moon about her soon-to-be wedding. And why not? She has been dating Rishi Zaveri, scion of a prominent business family in the city, since her college days. She says, "I met him first when I was in the eleventh standard. He was in the final year of college that time. We immediately hit it off. I kept mum about our relationship all this while as Rishi wasn't comfortable with me talking about it."

The 21-year-old actress says that she had her doubts initially about tying the knot too soon, but now she has come to terms with it. "Girls are packed off very early in our community (Marwaris). Actually, I feel I have already surpassed my sell-by date (laughs). At first I was sceptical, and took three months to deliberate over the matter, and decided to go for it," she says.

Once Neha made up her mind everything else was smooth-sailing. Since Rishi belongs to the Marwari community too, both families were more than delighted to settle for the chat mangni pat byah routine come December. The engagement will be held, in all likelihood, on December 4, and the wedding will follow soon." 

Neha says that she will opt for a shaadi in Mumbai itself. "I would have loved to get married in Goa. The only problem is that guests wander off to sight-see, and I definitely don't want any such thing to happen. At my wedding, I want to be the centre of attraction. And hence Mumbai will be the venue for our wedding. It will be a typical Marwari wedding. Preparations have started in full swing already. Everybody is mighty enthusiastic about it." 

Does it mean that Maayka will be her swan song on TV? She says, "I will continue to act come what may. I have had to struggle a lot to get where I am and I don't want to just give it all up so easily. Rishi understands my need to work. Plus, things seem to be looking up on my career front. I don't understand why marriage should be an impediment to a successful career."

Bamb on target!

Tuesday, 11 September 2007 05:40 by Kamiya

Neha Bamb aka Kripa of Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai talks to Kamiya Mohan Jani about her career as an actor and the delicious food in Khau-gulli

Neha Bamb, better known as Kripa of Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai (KYPH) has been living in Ghatkopar for the past several years now and even though she has become a star in her own right and has to travel to the Western suburbs she wishes to continue residing here as the place is very close to her heart. "I still go out with my best friend to have pani-puri in khau-gulli," exclaims Bamb.

The young lass started working at the age of 16 and her first break was when she got the opportunity to act in a few commercials. Following her schooling at Fatima High School, she bagged plum roles in a few films down South. "I did a little bit of modeling and that's how I landed up getting film roles in the South." Despite the hectic schedules she managed to complete her S.Y.B.Com from the Podar College. "Before I could complete my graduation I had to take a break because of my hectice work schedule for KYPH. She now plans to complete her graduation via correspondence.

Bamb hails comes from a Marwadi family, and resides near Garodia Nagar. She has a lot of friends on and off the set but she states that she shares a great chemistry with Amit Tondon aka Prithvi of KYPH. "Amit and I have a lot of fun on the sets, whereas Iqbal Khan (Angad) is quiet most of the times," she says.

According to Bamb, Ekta Kapoor thought of her as a kid when she first met her. When questioned about her future plans and Bollywood she states that she will take the opportunities that come her way. "I never think of future. Who knows what the future holds for us," she avers.

Her day starts at 7 am and she continues shooting till 11 in the night. In spite of her busy schedule, she makes sure that she has dinner with her family. This down to earth girl loves wearing tops and denims, which is quite contrary to the character played by her in KYPH. "I love photography," she informs adding that she is very passionate about this hobby of hers.

"Although television is a different world, it has not changed my life. I still enjoys the hawkers food at Ghatkopar," quips Neha.

'I don't throw attitude!'

Farhana Farook
Monday, April 17, 2006  19:50 IST

Neha Bamb dismisses rumours of having problems with co-star Iqbal Khan.

The on-screen chemistry of Angad (Iqbal Khan) and Kripa (Neha Bamb) in 'Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai' holds a sway over all generations.

From the campus to grandmas, all romance-enthusiasts monitor the graph of the pair's on-screen relationship. But ironically there have been rumours that the duo does not share a great personal rapport, thanks to Neha's alleged distant behaviour. Apparently, Neha who has also starred in South films has an attitude problem.

Neha protests, "I don't have an attitude. It just takes me a little while to get friendly with people. The show has been on air for a year. It took me around four to five months to get easy. I am tired of explaining this to people. Now I have turned immune."

Quiz her on what has contributed to the show's success and she says, "Everybody in the show has put in a lot of work. Even if we have any problems we sort it." When Iqbal was asked about their controversial relationship as opposed to their great on-screen vibes, he said, "Our relationship is good. Once the camera gets rolling it's your job to look convincing. I have no problems with Neha. I am a nice guy!"

Vivan flamboyant in Maayka  

Monday, April 30, 2007  

This model-turned-actor accepts that he has been lucky in the television industry. Vivan Bhatena was the winner of 'Gladrags Mr. India in 2001' and has not looked back since then.

After his appearance in Falguni Pathak's music video- 'Maine Payal Hai Chankai', Vivan became a heart throb.

Earlier seen in serials like 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' as Abhishek, 'KumKum' as Dhruv and Zee TV's weekly show 'Time Bomb', Vivan is all set to make his entry into another Zee daily, 'Maayka'.

This time he will be playing a character named Shabd Sareen and will be Neha Bamb aks Maahi's love interest. "I play an NRI who is flamboyant yet suave. I have now returned to India to live with my family but my attitude is the same and has not changed" informs Vivan. He is a photographer with a lot of attitude and falls in love with Maahi at the first sight.
That's not all; Vivan will be using his own sports car for his introduction shot. "Yes the director wanted to use a car which suits my personality so I suggested that I used my car" says Vivan. He is the proud owner of this flashing red Toyota sports car for a few years. Though he is possessive about his car, he is willing to use it for the shot.

Cool dude cool car, what say!