~*~*~Maayka Articles Archive~*~*~ - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago

She acted in South Indian Films before Television Came Calling. Currently you see her enacting the role of Kripa in Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hain. Here Neha Bamb talks to us about her views on life in general.

I am - not perfect but trying to reach it.

On Success

According to me victory tastes sweetest when you have tasted defeat. Success becomes, to some degree, a state of mind. Knowing ourselves superior to the anxieties, troubles, and worries, which obsess us, we are superior to them. It's the fruits of your hard work where the situation plays a role but your mind tends to give you an answer. We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but also its own talents.

On God

God enters through a private door into every individual. He's with us all the time. All of us are assigned some work or deed to accomplish. What we are is god's gift to us. What we become is our gift to god. Despite my hectic shooting schedule, I make it a point to pray to god for 10-15 minutes everyday to thank god for everything. I need not go to a holy shrine to pray but I can do it on my own and in those 15 minutes it's just me with my god. I like to pray.

On Religion

All religions be it the Gita or then the Koran, are basically the same and they teach us the same thing but is different languages. When I do well I feel good. When I do badly. I feel bad. That's my religion. True Religion like Albert Einstein had once said is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.

On Meditation & Spirituality

I'm a very restless kind of person so I like to meditate. My meditation is my 15 minutes with god where I just shut my eyes to everything and everyone around me. When the mind is kept away from pre occupation, then it becomes quite and one becomes a calmer person. The term meditation differs from person to person. Meditation is nothing but concentration of the mind to lead of life of serenity.

I don't know much about spirituality. Spirituality for me is happiness; to be dissolved into something completely great. Its self-awareness.

On Anger & Anger Management

Anger is just a negative emotion with which one has to be careful. For you can hurt people unknowingly if you are angry. I'm very short tempered and I get irritated very fast. And I know I may hurt people in the process, say words, which I don't mean. For that I would like to say I'm sorry. It doesn't hurt you to say sorry and saying sorry wont make a smaller. Ego chota nahin ho jaata hai by saying sorry. I pray to god to help me and for people to forgive me if I have hurt them.

On Happiness and Sadness

Happiness and Sadness are two sides of the same coin. They are basically a state of mind and it depends on us how we would like to view it. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared and neither can sadness ever increase if you tell others. As for sadness, well sometimes to realize and appreciate things in life, someone has to come along and hurt you bad. But its lies upto us whether we want that hurt to remain with us forever or we want to look at the brighter aspect of life. It all depends on how we look and view from a broader perspective of things.

Love & Friendship

Love and friendship are intermingled with each other and are synonymous to each other. "Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." Love is strong yet delicate. It can be broken. To truly love is to understand this. To be in love is to respect this. Love is a form of expression; it is a positive emotion for anything to anything. I'm a loving person and can love any amount of people at the same time be it my mother, father, friend etc.

By friendship I mean, to confide, share and reach a certain amount of compatibility. With friends you can tell them openly about what you feel, act or how you are. Friends are flowers in the garden of life. You are yourself with them and they like you for who you are not what you are. (They like you for the person you are). It takes me time to open up to people but when I do I'm a friend for life with them. Friends can be of any age group. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.

Interview designed and co ordinated by Shweta

Neha Bamb

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actress, Neha Bamb at 12 noon on Thursday, August 25, 2005 in Mumbai

Neha Bamb
TV actress

"I'd like to be with a very simple man with simple thinking but he has to pamper me a lot"

Glamsham > Hi Neha! You're a girl next door for me. Are you currently studying? What's the meaning of your surname 'Bamb'?
Neha Bamb > Yes, I am in my last year (in college) studying commerce. The meaning of my surname, I will have to ask my great grandfather. I don't think it has a meaning.

Jassi > Hi Neha, if Amit or Iqbal propose to you then who would you say yes to and why?
Neha Bamb > I would double-date, as both are really cute. They are my good friends.

Jassi > Neha, do you have a boyfriend in real-life? If yes, then who is he? How much do you love him? Who do you get along with the most- Iqbal or Amit? Who is closer to you? How old are you? When are you planning to get married?
Neha Bamb > No, do not have a boyfriend yet. I get along with both equally. But Amit and I do more masti (fun). I turned 20 last month. May be in the next five years I will marry.

Meena > Hey Neha. Interesting to know that you like photography! Can you tell us something more about this? When did you learn and how did you get interested in photography?
Neha Bamb > As we are in front of the camera most of the time and that's the instrument which makes us reach the common people, so I really am fond of the camera and I like learning how to operate it. I have been working since four years. On the sets, I have been trying to learn.

Noreen > Neha, after chatting with us, where will you go? Were do you live in India?
Neha Bamb > I live in Mumbai and after chatting, I have to get back to work.

Pretty_girl > Neha, what will happens next in Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai (KYPH) ?
Neha Bamb > Watch all the episodes and you will get your answer. "Kripa" is going to be a big Rock Star!

Nannu > Hi Neha. I am a girl. My name is Nandita. I am a Big, Big, Big, Big fan of yours and I watch KYPH everyday. I love to see you and Iqbal together. I watch this soap just for the two of you. Honestly Neha, please tell us what's your relationship with Iqbal.
Neha Bamb > Honestly, we are just friends and thanks for all your love.

Nannu > Neha, we have heard Iqbal is sick. Is it true? We even heard that you are nursing him. Is it true? If it's true, God bless you and Iqbal.
Neha Bamb > Well, I was working so couldn't nurse him. He is much better now and has resumed shooting.

Nannu > Neha, please tell us before we all lose our minds. Is "Kripa" marrying "Prithivi" in the near future? and WHEN will A-K get together? I hope Ektaa doesn't ruin this soap Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai because we have loads of expectations from this serial.
Neha Bamb > The only answer is we will come up to your expectations. It won't be like other soaps. And A-K will get together very soon.

H-amber > Hi Neha! My name is Amber. I'm 15 and live in France! I'm crazy about your serial. You are a very good actress and I want to know if Iqbal Khan better now because he was in hospital?
Neha Bamb > Yeah, he is much better and thanks for the appreciation. Iqbal is back at work.

Raj_24_1981 > Hi Neha, which place are you originally from?
Neha Bamb > Jodhpur in Rajasthan.

Umna2001 > Hey Neha, you are so cute and a jolly person. You did lot of scenes with Iqbal so which one is your favourite (scene) in the serial with him.
Neha Bamb > Good question. When we were shooting in Goa that was my best scene. We had a ball. Thank you.

Selina_ > Where were you born?
Neha Bamb > Mumbai.

Himanshu > Which acting school did you go to?
Neha Bamb > I did a month's acting course at the Hyderabad University.

Sangeeta > Hi Neha, I'm Sangeeta from the US. I just want to commend you on your acting skills and good luck for your upcoming projects in the future.
Neha Bamb > Thanks so much, that's really sweet of you!

Grasim > Hi Neha! Do you know that you are very popular in Bangladesh as well? What's your e-mail address?
Neha Bamb > Hey, that's good to hear. And I don't have an email address, as I don't get time to check my mails .

Raj_24_1981 > Are you intending to work more in the south Indian films?
Neha Bamb > Well, not really right now. I am very busy with the work I am doing currently.

Aditisilawat > Hi "Kripa"! I along with my friends, Apoorva and Farha are huge fans of yours. We are students of class nine. I want to ask you, how did you get the role of "Kripa"?
Neha Bamb > Hey thanks. It was a coincidence. My pictures were with an agency and were given to Ektaa. She liked my pictures and I got the role.

Asx_asx > Hi Neha. You really look very beautiful. May I know who is your favourite co-star, and who is your friend from the industry?
Neha Bamb > Favourite co-stars are "Angad" (Iqbal) and "Prithvi" (Amit Tandon). Thank you for the compliment.

Sangeeta > What are your future plans? Will you be still doing TV or go into movies?
Neha Bamb > I am happy with TV as of now, and about the future, I have not decided.

H-amber > Hi Neha ! What are you planning to do after Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai?
Neha Bamb > I hope it never ends and after that also I intend to do some Balaji shows.

Raj_24_1981 > Any Bollywood films on offer?
Neha Bamb > I had couple of offers but I am busy with Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai . So, I want to concentrate on that.

Hii > Neha, I really love your performance in Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai . I have noticed you have lost a couple of pounds. Have you joined any fitness center?
Neha Bamb > Actually, I have gained weight as there is no time to work out but still, thanks for the compliment.

Grasim > If your current serial KYPH makes a 20 year leap, will you still be there?!
Neha Bamb > No.

Gogi > Neha, which type of man would you like in real life?
Neha Bamb > A very simple man with simple thinking and I expect two things - he has to make sense and he has to pamper me a lot.

Hiii > Neha, when is your birthday?
Neha Bamb > 9th of May.

Trish > Do you have any problems with Iqbal off the sets?
Neha Bamb > Not at all. We all are good friends .

Mituu > Neha, can you just answer one question, as all of us are dying to know. Will "Kripa" marry "Prithvi"?
Neha Bamb > Not in the near future.

Nannu > Neha, I appreciate you a lot. You are such a cute kiddo. You are just 20 and yet you manage everything soo well. I am 22 and I am a professional interior designer. I could never think of clubbing my studies and work together. How do you mange your busy schedule along with your studies and college? How do you deal with being famous at such a young age?
Neha Bamb > You made my day!

Idiosyncratic > Where are you from and how did you land up in show business?
Neha Bamb > I am from Mumbai and it was a sheer coincidence that I am here today.

Sign Off Message > Work hard and party harder! Love, Neha.

Vineet Raina makes everybody laugh

Actor Vineet Raina is currently working for three shows simultaneously --- "Maayka", "Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai" and "Sanyasi" (on Doordarshan). Wondering how he sqeezes in so much into such a hectic schedule? It is his mantra of making others laugh that keeps him going. So popular is Vineet with his colleagues that if he doesn't turn up for even one shoot, everybody misses him miserably. "I think doing such things keeps me ticking. One needs to have a bit of fun, or else, everything would be so dull. I play pranks on just about everyone, including the spot boys, co-stars and even directors. I feel worth a million when I make someone smile," grins Vineet.

The prankster was even more mischievous during childhood. His dislike for an economics teacher manifested in many ways. "Every day he used to ask a question to which I wouldn't have a reply. He would then make me stand the whole day," recalled Vineet. So one fine day, the little boy put some sugar into the fuel tank of the teacher's scooter. Only when he saw his teacher walking to school the next day, carrying heavy books, that Vineet felt he had crossed his limit a bit.

And though today, Vineet still plays pranks, he knows where to draw the line. "I treat everyone as humans beings and respect everyone's individuality. I guess the work environment itself will keep one busy and content," Vineet feels, adding that the most important criterion on the sets for an actor to do well is "peace of mind".

Shilpa Shinde taken to court
Saturday, November 17, 2007 05:26 [IST]

Shilpa Shinde, who acts in 'Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi' (Doordarshan) and 'Maayka' (Zee) has been taken to court by producer Rakesh Chowdhary (of 'Hari Mirchi…') for 'not reporting to work and putting pressure on the unit'.

The court has served a notice to her directing her to shoot exclusively for 'Hari Mirchi' on the dates she has blocked with them (21st to the 28 th of every month). Rakesh may also file a separate case claiming damages for holding the unit at ransom at several occasions and causing losses.

Rakesh says, "Since the day we have hired her, she has been creating problems. But most of them were manageable. Trouble began when she took up 'Maayka' (Zee). She would shoot for them on thosedates that were blocked for us and constantly ask for adjustments. Secondly, she would shoot for 'Maayka' in the night and report for 'Hari Mirchi…' in the day. Hence, she would often be tired and sleepy."

He continues, "Things aggravated during 'Zee Rishton Ka Utsav'. She messaged the director late at night on October 24, saying that she wouldn't be coming the next day as she had to shoot for 'Maayka'. Since the message was sent late in the night, the director saw it in the morning on the sets. It was an early morning shoot and all the actors had arrived except  her. We called her but she didn't respond. Everyone had to return home. At 11.00 am finally, she responded to our call saying she wouldn't come the next day too."

Rakesh adds, "We were forced to call her through CINTA (Cine and Television Artistes Association). She turned up on October 27, but only for an hour or two. We could shoot her for just one episode. We still have to shoot eight episodes with her." He concludes, "Now she has agreed to report between 21-28 November, but is still asking for adjustments. So we had to file a case. We just want to impress upon the court that she abide by the contract."

Shilpa on the other hand, maintains that it isn't her fault. She says, "When I had taken up this show in July, it was a weekly. At that time, I would give the serial four to five days  a week. After it became bi-weekly in September, I would commit seven days, as I couldn't give them more."

She adds, " In October, I had to attend the 'Zee Rishton Ka Utsav'. I was to perform in it. I had told them about it in advance. But I couldn't go for the event as I had fallen ill. So shooting for them was out of question. And they called me through CINTA. That was humiliating. I wanted to quit but they didn't accept that too. If the channel and production houses can change actors at the drop of a hat then why don't the actors have the right to quit a show?"

Source : DNAIndia
Vivan's special gift made the girl of his life cry  

Despite his hectic shooting schedule for Maayka, Vivan Bathena took some time off especially for his girlfriend Nikhila, who is associated with the Wadia group. He planned a trip to Thailand with a close family member and Nikhila. With her birthday approaching, Nikhila was under the impression that the holiday was her gift on the occasion. Little did she know that a much bigger surprise awaited her on the 54th floor of a highrise in Bangkok – Vivan proposed to her at Breeze, one of the best restaurants in the city.

"I had been looking for the appropriate time and venue for some time, that's when the idea struck me. This was a once-in-a-lifetime occasion and I wanted to make it special for Nikhila. Her upcoming birthday disguised my surprise," said an excited Vivan, who planned the proceedings in advance. He made an excuse and slipped away from their hotel in the afternoon and spoke to the manager at the restaurant. "Since Nikhila does not have chocolates, I asked them to put the ring on a fruit salad. The manager forgot to do that, but nevertheless the surprise went off well and Nikhila said yes," Vivan blushed. The breathtaking view of the Bangkok cityscape added to the romantic feel. Nikhila was so touched by the gesture that she was in tears.

The couple would be tying the knot sometime next year. Now that's what we call a perfect proposal!

The Reverse Migration
TV Actors Desert Serials For Films

Jigar Shah, Bollywood News Service

Bollywood stars have for long tried their luck on TV; now waves of TV celebrities are forsaking TV to prove their mantle in films – never mind what happened to Amar Upadhyaya. The current forerunners are Rohit Roy ('Sarkar', 'Virasat'), Vivaan Bhatena ('Kumkum' 'Maayka') and Arjun Punj ('Sanjeevani' 'Woh Rehne Wali')

Arjun: " I think after Shah Rukh Khan, it's going to be ME!"

Which films are you doing presently?

Rohit : In Sanjay Gupta's Alibaug, I play a doctor. I also have on hand Rituparno Ghosh's Mittal vs Mittal in which I play an abusive husband.

Vivaan : I'm still in talks; as of now nothing has materialized.

Arjun : I'm doing Kumar Mangat's 123 -- only a few days of shooting are left. I'm considering some other films as well.

Was performing in movies a logical extension of your TV acting skills ?

Rohit : Yeah. Being an actor you want to explore many fields. For me, moving from theatre to TV to movies has been an ideal extension. Theatre is more real but it's not for me right now; I have found my footing in TV but my eyes are now set on the movies.

Vivaan : Movies are the next step for me – I have graduated from modelling to theatre to TV and now to movies. I feel that I'm ready for the big screen. I've been preparing for a long time; and I think the time has come now.

Arjun : Who doesn't want to do movies? There is more creative satisfaction in movies.

Are you going to shuffle between movies and TV or be bold and stick to movies exclusively?

Rohit : I made my decisions way back in February this year -- even before my film Shootout At Lokhandwala was released and declared a success. I had decided then itself that I would be concentrating only on movies. It's not that I'm quitting TV … I am just moving on.

Vivaan : Not really. Yes, like everyone, I too am scared of what will happen if my movies don't work. But I feel that is everyone does what they are destined to do.

Arjun : No. It's only movies for me now.

What drew you to the movies? Was it the lure of better money or the need to escape TV's gruelling work schedules?

Rohit : TV's working schedules was the main reason for the shift. I'm the only actor who does only one shift a day; and I am thankful to my producers like Manish Goswami and Ravi Chopra who let me do that. Without this, I couldn't have done many of the things that I was able to.

Vivaan : As a matter of fact, TV has more money than films. I'm no Shah Rukh Khan that they will pay me in crores. Money was not the reason for the shift – it's more due to my passion for cinema.

Arjun : Money and everything else comes later – whether it is in TV or films, if you do good work, money will follow.

So would you say that no matter how big TV may have become of late, films are bigger?

Rohit : The only difference between movies and TV is that you are glorified a lot in the movies. A film actor is more inaccessible than a TV actor. On TV, there is a lot of proximity. TV is On/Off entertainment – when your show is on air, you can be the biggest star but you go down when it goes off air. In the movies, however, even one good role is remembered for years to come.

Vivaan : There are no two ways about it -- the reach of cinema is huge.

Arjun : Films are bigger and better. I feel there is nothing much happening on TV.

Are you scared of being typecast in movies to fit your TV image ?

Rohit : No. Because of my lover boy image on TV people were amazed to see me portray a gangster in Shootout .

Vivaan : I have the image of a loving husband in 'Maayka' and that of a good son in 'Kumkum'. As long as I am benefiting from being typecast, I don't mind. What I want to ensure is that I don't get sidelined -- the role should be prominent.

Arjun : Not really. I was seen in a negative role in 'Sanjeevani' but in 'Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki'I was seen as a loving, understanding husband. So it doesn't really matter.

If you fail on the big screen do you have a back-up plan?

Rohit : I have begun a production company by the name of Magicworks. We will be concentrating on both movies and TV. It's like paying back what you have got from the industry

Vivaan : I had an event company and we were doing well. But an event company requires your attention 24x7 and I don't have that kind of time.

Arjun : It's acting and only acting for me.

Finally, no TV actor has made it big in the movies except Shah Rukh Khan. Does that scare you?

Rohit : Not at all. I believe I'm as unique as Shah Rukh Khan. Vivaan : I'm a firm believer in destiny I don't compare myself to anyone, if people do so, fine. I do my best and leave the rest to God.

Arjun : I think after Shah Rukh Khan, it's going to be ME!

Vivan gears up for Chak De! India

Model turned actor Vivan Bhatena has recently signed up for Shahrukh Khan starrer Chak De! India. The movie is directed by Shimit Amin of the Ab tak Chhappan fame and produced by Aditya Chopra. It revolves around the story of a hockey coach's ambition of pinning the Indian girl's hockey team on the international map. The film appears to be a desi version of Bend it Like Beckham with Vidya Malvade playing Parminder Nagra. Sagrika as we concluded is a part of the Girls hockey team coached by Shahrukh Khan. The film is partially shot in Australian cities like Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Chak De records stories of some of the girls and that is where our actor arrives; Vivan elaborates, "In Chak De, I am playing a cameo. It is a small role, but it is emotive." He plays Yuvraj who is the vice-captain of a cricket team and is critical of hockey being a lesser sport, "Yes, but through the end of the film I realise that all sports hold equal importance and merit," he adds wistfully.

Shedding light on his character Vivaan elaborates, "Yuvraj is a borderline negative character and is in love with his childhood sweet heart played by Sagrika, who is also incidentally debuting with the film."

Our conversation opens and breaks with bad network, and in our second attempt I ask Vivaan as to why is his name is being dragged with Jasveer Kaur? Rumour has it that Jasveer and Vivaan were a couple before he met fianc Nikhila Palat, "Its utter rubbish. Please don't blow up this gossip as I am in a successful relationship for about four years, we will soon tie the knot. Jasveer is my ex-girlfriend in reel life: people shouldn't confuse the same with my real life!"

For the uninitiated Nikhila and Vivaan met through the theatre circuits. Nikhila's sister Diyva and husband Aditya Hitkari run a theatre company called Balancing Act production. Unlike her beau or her sister Nikhila isn't an actress or even an aspiring one. She works as the marketing head of a prominent woman's magazine. And Vivaan seems to be delighted with the idea, "It works perfect for me. I mean if you shoot the whole day and she shoots the whole day - what the hell do you talk about in the evening? There have to be certain differences, it would be so boring otherwise. She not being a part of the T.V industry is a big bonus for me."

With love life flourishing, career taking up a significant shape and a role in an SRK film: life looks like a perfect picture to us!

Durnk, who me?

Vivan Bhatena downed eight pitchers of beer in one take on the sets of Maayka for three days in a row. Hic.

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, May 26, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kavita Shyam

Ek glassey, do glassey...: Vivan in Maayka

Vivan Bhatena aka Shabd in Maayka takes his scenes a wee bit seriously these days. Recently, while shooting for a party sequence the actor guzzled down eight pitchers of beer in one take. This was not all. The actor was made to drink through the day over a period of three days! We can't even begin to imagine the hangover that followed. To quote Vivan, he is still recovering!

After the sequence, the female co-stars on the set were apprehensive about hanging around the actor in case the beer had some interesting side-effects, while the other unit members teased him mercilessly.

Vivan said, "We had to consume real alcohol as we had to take close-up shots, so we could not make do with other drinks. I downed a couple of mugs of beer but luckily, I did not get hammered. I made sure that my performance was up to the mark and the sequence was worth it. Just that I was feeling very sleepy, groggy and tired after the shot, so people thought I was sloshed. I am still recovering from the scene. My co-actors were teasing me and were waiting for me to fall down."

Says director Rajan Shahi, "We were shooting for the party sequence which required him to get drunk. He finished off eight pitchers of beer within a span of ten minutes in one take. I thought his stomach would burst after the sequence. He was on a liquid diet for the three days of shooting for the party sequence. He was on a high as I made him drink a lot through the day. Needless to say, he gave a brilliant performance in spite of all the alcohol."

Adds Rajan, "While other actors try to wriggle out of actually downing the booze, Vivan wanted to give the scene a complete authentic feel. He readily agreed to shoot non-stop for the sequence. Having beer early in the morning can be a bad experience."

The actors even had a collapse countdown going. There was also some fun betting on the sets.

The joke on the sets went that Vivan is doing a good job, only thanks to the beer! Perhaps he should drink more often?

Cheers to that.

A few Shabds with Shabd
The Hot and Sizzling Vivan Batena talks about his new Character in Zee's popular show - Maayka.
Date: 5/11/2007 3:07:56 PM
Vivan Batena as Shabd

Zee's Maayka  recently added a new character to the show - Shabd, a fashion photographer who bumps into Mahi, and helps her be a fashion model and eventually falls head over heals with her grace and attitude. Shabd, is played by the hot and happening Vivan Batena. Vivan, also a part of Star's Kum Kum - Ek Pyaara Sa Bandhan, too is excited about his character in Maayka. 

We got hold of Vivan, who is busy working around the clock, and managed to get an insight of his new character in Maayka. " I've just joined the show, and by now I feel that it's the most pleasant unit to work with, we have a really nice creative team there. The channel and the team were very interested in my character, and they wanted me to bring out the best . They are helping me a lot, and I too am slogging and working hard,  we're trying to achieve great lengths and make sure the character does very well, and the audience already loves Shabd a lot. I know Shabd will do well, and in the next six months, It will be the word of street."
We too wish Vivan the very best for Shabd, and hope it does well. Well friends, that's not all, Vivan has a special messages for all his fans at IF - "Please continue to support me and watch me, I love all your fan mails, I am sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch and reply to your mails and messages, I stay alone, so I'm busy trying to get everything done. If I'm not shooting, I'm at home sleeping or working, so it does become difficult to find time to get on to the computer. Thank-you for all your support and continue to watch the show, and if there is any feedback back for me, please do drop in an e-mail."

Stay tuned to Zee TV to catch the sizzling Vivan Batena charm his way on the show and into our hearts.

Which is your favourite hang out?
I used to hang around a lot in Koila, Kolaba. Now-a-days, couple of friends and I go visit new places, we like discovering these small joints.

Do you have other hobbies?
Yes, cars… I love to keep experimenting with my car's engine and modifying it. I also like cooking, it helps me de-stress.

Message for your fans -
Keep watching… I am growing as an actor and will try not to disappoint you.
When did you start working? What made you choose this profession?
I was 18 or 19 years old when I first stepped into the media world. I was chosen actually. My first assignment was for Levis Jeans and then the Falguni Pathank's video - Maine Payal Hai Jankayi happend.

How was it to face the camera for the first time, back then?
Good, I was scared at first, but now I am used to it. I am comfortable and am not conscious - that makes it easier.

Working in music videos and in soaps, what do you enjoy more?
If I was to rank them in an order, I actually love theater more. The process of acting is what I enjoy the most and I like the immediate gratification that one receives in theater with live audience. But at the same time, it's good to have the pleasure of re-takes and working with co-stars who will be friends after the long period of working together.