Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shrutibali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Articles relating to Veer's Death"

Will Vineet Raina return?

Vineet Raina who made fans swoon in Maayka with his characterisation of Veer will no longer be seen in the show. In the last episode it was shown that Veer dies while saving Soni's life. The romance of the lead couple has now come to an end.

We caught up with this handsome hunk on his exit from the show.

I may not return…

Even I'm sad to bid adieu to the show as I was emotionally much attached to Maayka. Basically I don't believing in coming back after having died in the show. There is only one possibility of me returning is that my comeback should be a step ahead of what I had been essaying till now. To be more precise it should be more than what Veer was.

Not on a break…

After my stint is over I'm not planning to take a break. Well there are lucrative offers now. I just need to decide which one to take. I don't mind doing a reality show, as a host or participant. This will be a refreshing experience for me.

Won't let my fans down…

I know my fans loved me in Maayka so I can't let them down by just accepting whatever comes my way. My film Hotel has already been announced and I may also take up a new project with Raj Kumar Santoshi. If anything interesting comes on TV, I don't mind doing it.😊

shrutibali thumbnail

Originally posted by: shrutibali

Articles relating to Veer's Death"

shrutibali thumbnail

Four weddings in a year!
Romit Raaj
Romit Raaj aka Yuvraj of Betiyaan can't get enough of nuptial bliss atleast on the screen it seems.

The young actor who is just a year old in the industry has got married about four times in the daily serials. Of course, marriages are a part of daily soaps and actors have no choice but endure them happily!

Romit got married twice in Betiyaan, once in Mayka and Suno Har Dil Kuch Kehta Hai, in that order. He isn't cribbing. Instead he sees the humour in it. "After getting repeatedly married on screen, I have become an expert as far as the wedding jitters are concerned. I'm pretty sure that I will not become anxious when I have to take the plunge in real life and will probably come across as an experienced groom," he laughs.

Well, well, so are there wedding bells soon? "Honestly I'm not really looking forward to getting hitched. As of now I'm married to my work." Some people believe in enjoying the moment and Romit's one of them.

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Death delight for Maayka and Indraneil

How ironical is it that a death brings joy. And those who are joyous are Zee TV and Creative Eye – the broadcasters and producers of Maayka. Not long ago, it was reported that the show was down in the barrel after lead actress Shilpa Shinde called it quits and one of their premier characters Veer (Vineet Raina) was laid to rest. As always in our soaps, a death infuses new life i.e. a new character. Stepping into the Maayka territory is Indraneil Sengupta.

Says Indraneil, "Yes, I'm entering Maayka. My character name isn't finalised yet but he is a childhood friend of Shabd (Vivan Bhatena). He gels into the Sareen family very well. This character can be equated to SRK in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge."

Indraneil's entry all the more ruins all theories of an early wind up. Producer Dheeraj Kumar though offers a different take, "The future of any show never hinges on the introduction of any character unless it's a Shah Rukh. In the latest TRPs, we are the number one show on Zee. The credit goes to the entire team and not to just any individual."

Maayka fans expressed shock at the current track especially after it was reported that the channel called for such a track so as to offer shock value for its viewers. So is it still the channel that's calling the shots? Dheeraj disagrees, "It's a collective effort of the channel of the production house to implement changes in the track. For two years, we were running the same old thing and thus a change was inevitable if we were to move forward."

What about lead actress Shilpa Shinde's decision to quit? The elated producer replies, "Shilpa is not quitting the show. We've managed to convince her to stay."

Shilpa Shinde remained unavailable for comment.

With death changing fortunes for Maayka, expect other shows to line up for a funeral.

ar78655 thumbnail

Shilpa demands a change

Shilpa Shinde is bored playing the role of a timid girl. She wants a change in the character Soni that she is playing in Maayka. Her character in the show is not interesting her anymore. She desires to play something unusual to satisfy her creativity and she is requesting the creative team to bring some kind of a change in her role.

A few days ago Shilpa said, "I am going to put forth my request to the creative team to bring a change in my character. If they don't agree then I might even think of quitting the show but I am in two minds as it is a popular show." Now when we approached her to update us on her plans, she said, "I have spoken to the creative people but I don't think they will take any step in this matter. I don't see any change happening in this direction."

Now that the creative team is not planning to introduce any change in her track or character, the question of her quitting the show raises its head once again. "I don't know what I am going to do."

Contrary to Shilpa's statement, the producer and the creative head have denied that she has made any such demand. "Firstly, actors never make such demands to us. Secondly, there is not going to be any change in her character what so ever," confirmed Dharam, the creative head of Maayka. The producer makes a similar declaration saying, "The show was top in TRP ratings last week. This week it is our show Betiyaan. We are competing with ourselves. Maayka is doing so well that there is no question of changing Shilpa's character. Shilpa is going to continue with us. We will not let her go."

At this rate, we think neither her character in the show is going to change nor her dilemma.

I don't have a dream role: Indraneil Sengupta

Indraneil Sengupta will be entering Maayka in a very happy go lucky type jolly guy role. Here he is all transparent disclosing his point of views towards shows running on television and his excitement for the new role…

Q. How did Maayka happen to you? How does it feel?
A. It happened to me because it was offered to me. The show is doing well and so I thought that it will be a nice decision to accept the offer. But the shooting of it has not yet started. I think it will start from today itself.

Q. What is your character all about?
A. I am playing Shabd's school time friend who is a very happy and jolly kinda person. This character can be equated to SRK in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. I can't say more than that, even I can't give you a hint about whether it is negative or positive.

Q. The current track in Maayka really shocked the audience. So, is it the channel that's calling the shots?
A. No, I think it's the decision which the production house and the channel take together.

Q. What about lead actress Shilpa Shinde's decision to quit the show?
A. See, I don't know about all these things, I only know that I am entering the show. It's completely new set up for me, I am not a television viewer as such and don't follow television shows much. I only know about the character I am playing and how I am going to play it.

Q. What changes will be seen in Maayka now?
A. You are asking me to give the story. How can I do that? For the time being I am entering the show and because of my entry there has to be some changes in the story, it will affect the story in a positive or negative way which is obviously going to be there on screen only.

Q. Which is the most important thing that made you accept this serial?
A. It's a good production house, first of all, and it is the fastest growing channel, I think, as because Zee is doing very well and I am sure it is nice to be associated with such a channel and successful show like this.

Q. Are you interested in doing films or you want to stick to television?
A. Of course I will do films if something nice come to me and I feel like doing it. I am definitely open to everything.

Q. According to you, which genre of television programs is doing well these days?
A. I think reality shows are doing well but there is little overdose of them now.

Q. Will you be seen in any reality shows ever?
A. If something is offered to me and if I feel that I am good enough and fit for it then I will definitely do it.

Q. What is your dream role?
A. Well, I don't have a dream role as such.

Q. So what type of roles are you open to?
A. I am open to all types of roles. Be it positive or negative, I am open to everything.

Q. Can we talk about your future projects?
A. As of now I am currently doing a serial called Doli Sajake Rakhna on Sahara One and getting ready to join Maayka on Zee, so that's it for the time being and I don't know what lies there for me in future. -Sabir Rahman

ar78655 thumbnail
I feel uncomfortable in extravagant clothes - Shilpa Shinde

Define fashion

Fashion is something that should make you feel good about yourself. Fashion is not about showing off. I also feel that fashion should be followed but within limits. Fashion is not for attracting others but it is for your own sake.

Who chooses your clothes?
I choose my clothes. At times, I take opinions from others but the choice is always mine. I believe in 'Suno sabki par karo apne man ki' (Listen to everyone but do only what your mind tells you).

Do you like to accessorise yourself?
I dislike accessorising myself. Thankfully, I no more have to wear any accessories in Maayka as I am shown to be widowed. I like the simple and sober look.

Is there any particular brand that you prefer?
I am not a brand person and hence have no brand preferences.

What is your favourite shopping destination?
I am a shopaholic who just loves to shop at any given place. Every shopping destination is my favourite destination. I even like to shop at a low profile place like the Thursday market at Santacruz.

Which are the clothes that make you feel comfortable?
I feel most comfortable in jeans and a top. I feel uncomfortable in extravagant clothes.

Who is your favourite designer?

I like Ritu Kumar's creations. The embroidery and work on Ritu Kumar's saris and kurtis are beautiful and simple. I have bought a few outfits from her store.

Which is the most expensive outfit you have ever bought?
It was a sari that I bought three years ago from a store named 'Friendship' in Santacruz. It was worth Rs. 25,000. I wore it for an award function as well as for a family wedding. My middle class upbringing prevents me from spending much on clothes.

Any particular colour that you like to see in your wardrobe?
I like to see white in my wardrobe. Besides white, I don't mind seeing a lot of yellow in my wardrobe.

A must have in your purse?
Apart from basic things like money and a cell phone, there is nothing else in particular. A picture of Sai Baba is usually there in my purse.

What are the make-up products that you prefer?
I prefer good quality lipsticks with light shades. I favour Mac foundations. They are so light and natural.

A fashion tip
Wear what suits you and wear what makes you feel good about yourself.

A make- up tip

Don't use a lot of make up. Sunscreen lotion is essential. A light foundation along with sunscreen is also fine but too much make up makes one look like a sculpture.

crazy_ak thumbnail
WOW !!!! THANX !! THIS IS ALL I NEEDED !!!!!
ar78655 thumbnail
Smriti Irani's next on Sarkar Raj

Smriti Irani's next production will not be sttaring the most popular bahu on TV. Smriti's latest show, Waaris, is deals with the underworld and the mafia. The head of the family is involved with the underworld with his eldest son helping him out. Shilpa Shinde (currently seen as Soni in Maayka) who plays Gayatri, Shankar's wife in show, gives us the details.

"It is the story of family who is involved in underworld activities that is their main profession which their younger son does not know. As far as my character is concerned I am ideal wife and a bahu of the family. She is pregnant and she knows truth about her husband's profession. She is quite courageous as she makes it quite clear to her husband that she wants her child to be away from all of this."

"I wanted to do this character which is a lot like Smita Patil... where I am wearing only cotton sarees, big bindis and less make up. It is va ery simple and nice character with an authentic look.Gayatri is a very soft spoken person and a favourite of her father in law. Also in Maayka my character is always crying so I had decided to quit the show but then the production house asked me to continue and now since there is no major track around me for at the moment I am balancing between the two shows very well," she adds.

So has she met with with Smriti or got an acting tips from her?

"I got a call from her office and I have met her twice. She is a professional actress and has a good team which does not even interfere in our work. Frankly speaking the director Bhushan Patel is very good, we all daily soap actors are confident about every shot but his does corrects us and tells us how we should express and do a particular scene. So we actually feel that we are working here."

Lastly when asked about whether this show is based on Sarkar Raj, she says, "It is not exactly based on it. It is a story of the underworld like I said. Some of the characters have been taken from the movie but it is a different story all together. One thing I will surely tell you that it is not a saas bahu saga."

The daily show is starting on July 28 at 11pm.Star cast of the show includes Iqbal Khan,Aashish Vidyarthi,Rucha Gujrati and Yuvraj Malhotra.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/July/News_20080723_148
ar78655 thumbnail

I don't take any kind of hard drinks: Neha Bamb

Q. Are you a complete foodie or do you watch what you eat?
A. I try to watch the food what I eat and then I strike the balance.

Q. Your favorite cuisine –Continental/Oriental/Indian/ anything else.
A. My favorite cuisine is Italian.

Q. What would you prefer - Homemade food (Ghar Ka Khana) or outside food?
A. I prefer to eat homemade food. It's only on some occasions that I go outside for a meal.

Q. Your preference - Veg or non-veg food?
A. Actually I am a vegetarian.

Q. Drink you like to gulp in along with your food?
A. I like juices to gulp along with my food.

Q. Your favorite beverage?
A. My favorite beverage is panna which is of kachha kerry.

Q. Any hard-drink that you take?
A. No, I don't take any kind of hard drink.

Q. What about junk food?
A. I don't normally eat junk foods. Then, too, if I have to have any, I go for burgers only.

Q. Your favorite fast food joint?
A. My favorite fast food joint is Mc Donald's.

Q. Favorite restaurant?
A. I like to go to Taj.

Q. Your take on diet and health food?
A. I think there should be a balance in between junk and healthy food. If everyday you will go through diet and healthy food, then you will get bore. So I go outside once in a week and have ice creams or fast food.

Q. Which would be that one dish which you will not be able to resist?
A. The one dish that I will not be able to resist is pasta.

Q. Could you share the recipe of the same with us?
A. Actually I am not a good cook at all so I don't experiment with it.

Link http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=20059&down=1