Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka

~*~*~Maayka Articles Archive~*~*~ - Page 7

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Celebrating Bhai Duuj with stars

Bhai Duuj or Bhai Bhij, which is normally celebrated on the fifth day of Diwali, is being celebrated nationwide today. This is the day when all the brothers are invited to their sister's home and like during Rakhi, on Bhai Duuj sisters put a tilak on their brother's forehead and in return brothers gift them some thing.
Our small screen stars say that they too have a lot to do on this day...

Parul Chauhan (Ragini of Bidaai) is sad about not getting an off today so she will be celebrating the festival on the sets itself with her reel as well as real life brother "My bhaiya will come over to the sets. I'll put teeka aur kalava badhoongi and then like every year bhaiya will gift me a salwar kameez," says the Bidaai girl.
Romit Raj's cousin who stays in Delhi has already sent him the rochana (tilak) by courier and he has bought a surprise gift for his sister too which he refuses to reveal.

Reshmi Ghosh (Bhoomi of Kyunki) doesn't have any real brother but she celebrates the festival with her onscreen brothers "I tie rakhi to Amit and Puneet on Rakshabandhan," says the girl. She takes some time off from her busy schedule and does the teeka. In return she gets many gifts like cosmetics, shoes, dresses and sometimes even money. The actress says she loves gifts and she demands them!

Itishree Singh (Shilpa of Babul ka aangan…) who has two brothers tries to take a holiday and goes to her hometown in Kota, Rajasthan but this year she won't be able to. However she tells us how this day is special for her. "Teeka lagati hu, fir haath mein laal dhaaga bandhti hu and in return I get many chocolates of different varieties which I love," says Itishree. After this, the actress goes to a mandir which is very close to her place where there is a grand lungar (feast). "There's this special meal called punchkoot which consists of chawal, mixed vegetable ki bhaji, kaali dal and many other things and it's very tasty. I just love that!" says the excited girl.

Sachin Sharma has gone to Delhi to be with his two elder sisters on this occasion. Explaining the procedure, Sachin says "They put a teeka on my forehead and give me a kacchha nariyal (coconut) jisme bhi teeka laga hota hai. This nariyal I am supposed to cut and eat later...It is said that this nariyal keeps all the bad things away." Sachin has bought a couple of salwar suits for his sisters which he hopes they will like.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081030_160

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, October 30, 2008

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
    Maayka's Soni turns to Yoga

Where many of our television stars are heading to their hometowns for a short vacation that's come their way due to the strike, Shilpa Shinde (Soni of Maayka, Zee TV) is finding her equilibrium.
    Shilpa has joined a yoga class and says she'll throw herself into it for the duration of her break.
    "I've joined the 15-day course in Anushakti Kendra, which deals with problems like acidity and blood pressure," Shilpa said, "I'm told it plays an important role in retoxicating the body completely."

TV stars work a manic schedule and 12-hour shifts are not uncommon. The glare of the arc lights makes their work particularly taxing. Shilpa hopes to pick up the best of what is available during the course. "It has vipasana meditation and ayurvedic panchakarma treatments," she said.

Shilpa is already a week into the course. "The first two days, the entire day, I had to give to Yoga," she said of her schedule so far, "panchakarma will start now."

Has she been asked to change her lifestyle?

"I've to abstain from chappaties and non-veg food, which is very difficult for me as I am a regular non-veg eater!," Shilpa said, "and I have to eat green leafy vegetables."

Apart from this, she's been advised to stop watching TV - easy to do with the strike on! - to keep her cool and talk as little as possible. Asked what she chose Yoga, Shilpa said: "My sis has come over from the US and she had done this there and told me about it. That decided it for me."

This is not the first time that she's doing this. Shilpa says she's a regular practitioner of basic yoga, and does it at least once a week. Religious Shilpa also returned from Shirdi on Wednesday, where she went to seek Sai Baba's blessings.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081113_67

ar78655 thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Strike Called Off

After 10 days the producers' strike has finally been called off. And all telly fans can heave a sigh of relief as the production houses will resume filming tonight itself so that fresh episodes can be aired from Monday onwards. We spoke to the vice president of the producer's association Dheeraj Kumar who heads Creative Eye a production house.

"For us the first good news is that the strike has been called off with appropriate decision. There were two worker unions involved in this issue. And now everyone have agreed over two things - job security meaning they will get insurance facilities as well as the fact that they will be under a one month contract which was not the case initially. Earlier they used to loose their jobs in 4-5 days without any notice or anything. However this will not happen after they will sign the contract," informs Dheeraj.

"Second thing is the hike issue. Now we have spoken to them about the current economical situation and they have agreed on a small rise in the percentage of hikes which will be 10 to 15 %," adds Kumar.

"The next issue was that the producers wanted a hike in their contract price from channels as well. So now an agreement has been brought about where they will first reduce their production cost ? like if one episode was taking 3 days to shoot now the production house will try to finish that episode in one and half day so that is how they themselves will not face any burden and they will not ask for more money to broadcasters also."

The shooting for all the shows will start from tomorrow (Thursday November 20, 2008) and the channels will air new episodes from Monday (November 24, 2008).

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081119_100
    niveditha thumbnail

Jeet has a troubled time ahead..

Zee's Maayka is gearing up for a highpoint wherein Jeet, played by Romit Raj is fighting for his life post an accident..

niveditha thumbnail
    TV stars in a state of shock

The terrorist attacks have shaken the city. Though filming for serials is on as usual, members of the small screen express their fear, shock and hope.
    Avika Gor (Anandi of Balika Vadhu) thinks Mumbai is going through a very bad phase. "It is the worst phase for all Mumbaikars; it is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen and heard! All I can say and hope is that this issue gets solved and settled as soon as possible and Mumbai gets it's lost pace back"
    Sara Khan (Sadhna of Bidaai) is scared. "I am very scared! I am seeing something like this for the first time in a city like Mumbai; I always thought Mumbai was very safe". She feels that this incident has proved that the hotels in the city are also not safe anymore.

Neha Bamb (Maahi of Maayka) is shocked. "It's damn sad and shocking to see such a situation in Mumbai even though this is not the first time. Some victims would have been on their way home from work. It'll be so shocking and unexpected for their families to believe and accept that their beloved will never return! Now there is no certainty whether we will return home or not. The worst and the most unfortunate part is that innocent people and migrants from the other countries have been targeted without any reason." She feels that no place in the city is safe "not even our houses!"

Delnaz Paul is too shaken for words. "I am not in a state of mind to say anything because of all this. Mumbai is not safe anymore, anything can happen anywhere now .We never expected that five star hotels would have to face such a situation .It is too much now and I guess one day will come when people will not be scared of anything. If tomorrow something like this happens again then we all will ignore it and will continue with our normal lives. There is no place left now which is completely safe and immune to attacks."

Gavie Chanchal (Rajbir of Mohe Rang De) is praying for everything to return to normal." We are shooting today; the news is very sad and devastating. I pray everything returns to normal. God bless the affected ones. As far as security is concerned, there is nothing to say as it is very poor and the intelligence is zero.1.5 lakh English men ruled on 30 crore people for 200 years and we are talking about security?"

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081128_151

• Sonali Joshi, Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, November 28, 2008

• niveditha thumbnail
    Romit Raj injured

Romit Raj who plays Yuvraaj in Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan has injured his leg while rehearsing for the upcoming Platinum Awards. The actor was to open the proceedings.

"I was going to be a part of the opening act. However while I was practicing I fell down and injured my leg. I have sprained my ankle and my back is hurting a lot too," informs Rohit who is now nursing his injury.

The injury has now forced Romit to pull out of the awards ceremony scheduled for the weekend in Dubai.

"So now I have backed out of the performance due to my leg. Now I will I guess only attend the ceremony if I will get a time to go there," says the actor.

"I had knee problem in the past also. I was still on medication for it. I am taking pain killers also but still cannot move around or bend down properly. I got a jolt while rehearsing and it was very severe," he adds.

Romit who is shooting for two dailies says despite being hurt quite badly, he has to still report to work.

"I cannot take a leave as right now in both the shows important tracks are going on. So during the shoot I go in my room and take a quick nap. It does help me," he says.

Romit has got nomination for the best actor at the Platinum Awards.

"I think awards do not give you recognition. It is the appreciation and love of your fans. Moreover I will give the entire credit for my nomination to both my units. According to me no actor is bigger than his show. However awards are not that important for me," he says matter of fact.

Lastly talking about his track in both the shows he says,"In Betiyaan I'm fooling my family and helping Kajri and in Maayka I will come out of the ICU soon."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081215_91

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Monday, December 15, 2008
  • niveditha thumbnail
    Shilpa quits Maayka

After spending many years in her Maayka, Shilpa Shinde who plays Soni will soon be quitting the show. Soni who is presently struggling between life and death was burnt by her mother-in-law in the show.

"I am quitting the show," confirms Shilpa who blames the channel for her departure.

"My other daily Waaris was doing well and it was pulled off without any reason! It had a good concept, an excellent story line toh fir aap aisa kaise kar sakte ho? Kya pata kal ko Maayka bhi bina kisi wajah ke band kar de," she exclaims. "Is se pehle wo aisa karein, maine hi quit kar deti hu na."

Shilpa truly believes that the channel has ditched her and that is the only reason she wants to bid adieu to the show.
    "I've given my whole commitment to Maayka and Waaris. I used to rush from one set to another and one fine day I realize that one of them is shutting down. I was deeply hurt by this," she informs and also says that in future too she will not sign any shows with the channel.

Shinde decided to quit the show as soon as Waaris went off-air. Clueless about how her exit will be shown she says, "I really don't know how they will show my exit. All I know at that I'll be shooting for another 15 days."

Talk about her come back she vehemently denies any such plans. "No. I will definitely not come back as Soni," she answers.

Presently, Soni is in a critical situation in the hospital who is struggling hard for her life. Soni's exit from the show will be shown in the 1st week of January.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081215_96

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, December 15, 2008
  • ar78655 thumbnail

"I will leave Maayka at any cost", thunders Shilpa

There have been rumours floating around on Shilpa Shinde's unhappiness with the script of Maayka, but now it is official and straight from the horse's mouth. "I am determined this time and will leave Maayka at any cost. It's just a matter of 15-20 days more before I quit the show," says the visibly angry actress. Shilpa is upset at the way her character is shaping up in the show and says, "I have told the creative team serveral times about this but it seems they have taken me for granted. I don't want to be another Tulsi, Parvati or Kumkum. I want to do something creative and productive which will satisfy my artistic mind."

Shilpa is also immensely upset at the way Waaris ended. Reportedly Zee stopped the show saying that it was proving to be too expensive for them to run. "It is not a joke! When a respectable channel like Zee starts somethig like Waaris with actors like Aashish Vidyarthi, Iqbal Khan and me they should know that it will be an expensive production. If you know you do not have the financial prowess to pull it through, why start it?"

Shilpa seems to be fuming with anger while talking about this issue. "That way even Maayka is an expensive show with stars like Parmeet Sethi, Upasana Singh, Aroona Irani (later she was replaced by Shoma Anand), Soma Anand and they are all experienced actors and highly paid. I believe if you want to run a successful show you can do it."

While on the topic, she also treads on the controversial incident involving Yuvraaj Malhotra, though not directly. "In every relationship there is ego and you have to handle that carefully and cleverly." Is she ponting to the Yuvraj Malhotra incident in Waaris? "I don't have any clues about what he has done with the production staff but he was very co-opeartive and comfortable with his co-stars on the set. Waaris was a male dominated show but my character Gayatri was an aggressive one and I tried to do full justice to that," says Shilpa. "There was time when I had worked almost 18 hours daily for both the shows. You can ask my co-stars that I was never late on set. But what is it that I am getting in return? I have crossed five years in ths industry and I do expect more than what I am getting now, right? I don't think the channel should have the sole right of deciding when a show will end, actors should have their say too," says an angry Shilpa.

"I have informed the producer of Maayka and its upto them whether they want to end my character or replace me with someone else. I am ok with both the eventualities," says Shilpa. What if they ask Shilpa to stay back? "They have already told me that but I will be back only if Waaris comes back." Shilpa has decided to take it easy for a few days now as she believes something good will happen in her career soon.

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago
    ar78655 thumbnail
    Yeh dosti hum nahin chodenge
    Meet actors who are best friends

The inhuman schedules of the television industry have been under criticism from all quarters. Reams of newsprint have been spent on talking about how it leads to actors falling ill, poor quality of shows, technicians collapsing on sets. But what, perhaps, all of us seem to have missed is one positive aspect of this otherwise inhuman practice (working 18 hours every day) ? the fact that it sprung many relationships in real life. Even if you do not count the couples in the industry, there are many people from the industry who have become best of friends, largely because of the time they spent together on the sets. Be it Sarah Khan and Parul Chauhan, Hiten Tejwani and Yash Tonk, Daljeet Kaur and Neha Bamb, Amit Verma and Mazhar Sayeed, Jay Bhanushali, Jatin and Ali Merchant, the song that all of them seem to be singing is Yeh dosti hum nahin chodenge. We spoke to a few of them to find out more about friendship in an otherwise cut-throat industry.

Neha Bamb and Daljeet Kaur

"I met Neha during my first serial ? Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai ? where I was doing a cameo role. Neha was the lead in that serial," remembers Daljeet Kaur. "I was no one when we met each other. Slowly we became very close to each other and Neha helped me a lot in my career. I am really in awe of her 'take it or leave it' attitude. She is just what you see her ? it is very rare to come across someone as straightforward as her." But is there something that she dislikes in Neha? Daljeet smiles before responding, "Sometimes she becomes very childish and just wants things her way. It does become difficult to meet up to her demands!" However, she has always been there for Daljeet whenever required. "There have been so many instances when we needed each other for emotional support and have stayed over at her or my place. Just a few days back, she had come over to my place to stay over. Unfortunately I got delayed because of Nach Baliye shooting and she went back. But our understanding is good enough so we do not mind such instances."

Neha concurs and says, "I have very few friends in this industry and Daljeet is one of them. She has already spent few years in this industry but has no hangups whatsoever, within or outside the sets." She remembers one incident which made her realise how much Daljeet cared for her. "My car broke down in the middle of the night and I did not know what to do. When I called her, she drove down to the spot, picked me up and took me back to her place and made me stay over. She could have jolly well asked me to leave once the car was repaired, but she insisted that I stay back. This may be a small incident but it made me realise how much she cares for me," recollects Neha.

Does being from the same industry hamper their friendship? What about professional rivalry? "I strongly believe that each person's success or failure is there in his or her destiny. So there is no scope for professional rivalry in our relation," says Daljeet. Adds Neha, "There is no way such rivalry can come between our friendships. Plus this industry is so big that it will have work for everyone!"

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago
    ar78655 thumbnail
    Garima to replace Shilpa in Maayka

The speculation abut who will replace Shilpa's character in Maayka is about to resolved. Actress Garima Bhatnagar, who was popular as Naina in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, will play the new Soni.

"I had worked with Creative Eye earlier too and so I was in constant touch with the production house. About a week back I came in to the office to tell everybody that I've got engaged and it was then they told me that they are looking for Shilpa's replacement," informs Garima.

Shilpa had been working in Maayka for nearly two years and she was very well accepted by the viewers. So won't it be difficult for Garima to break her image?

"Obviously I can't take over Shilpa but I'll give my best to the character," says the lady.

Garima has done many popular shows like Veeranwali and Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. She also appeared in famous television soaps like Kyunki … and Kasauti Zindagi Kay.

Shilpa Shinde on the other hand is quite upset with Zee TV for suddenly taking off her other serial Waaris. She therefore decided to leave this show too. Her last day of filming was December 28th, 2008.

Garima's entry as the new Soni is likely to be show in a month's time.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081231_197