CID

*CID Top Detective* Solution and Winners!

SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome back all you future detectives!  This is the moment, you've been waiting for.  I will now be presenting the solution to the mystery of the murder of Abhijeet's sister (Maya), and announcing the winners who guessed both the culprit and the weapon correctly.  Before I do all that, I'd like to thank everyone who participated.  I was overwhelmed to see so much enthusiasm for this contest.  I did also realize that I may have made this contest too easy because a majority of you got it right!  Or maybe it's because IF has so many clever members.  Well, either way, I'll try to make my next contest more challenging.

Solution

Just as a reminder, the guest's names were Dr. Anand, Miss Bhatia, Mrs. Chatterji, Professor Jaitley, Mr. Khan and Mr. Lakhani.  The possible murder weapons were the revolver, the lead pipe, the rope, and the knife.  Now for the solution.  Here is the step by step account of what happened…

(1) Professor Jaitley was given sleeping medicine by Dr. Anand which would keep him asleep for the next 12 hours.  He was NOT awake during the murderer, and thus he can be eliminated from the list of suspects.

(2) Miss Bhatia was the first to leave her room, which is evident from the "succession of sneezes" and the mention of allergy medicines.  Minutes after she left, however, she was stabbed to death by a second guest, so she could not have been Maya's killer either.

(3) We later find out that Miss Bhatia's killer was Mr. Khan when his fear of his wife is mentioned.  But he is strangled by a third guest which means Mr. Khan obviously did not kill Maya.   

(4)  This third guest is revealed to be Mr. Lakhani when his bandana is pointed out.  He is not the culprit either, because he too is killed, this time with the revolver.

(5) There are only two guests left now, Dr. Anand and Mrs. Chatterji.  Either of them could have been Mr. Lakhani's murderer, and the story doesn't make it completely clear who it was (although it's more likely that Maya's killer is also Mr. Lakhani's killer).  However, ultimately, it doesn't make a difference who killed Mr. Lakhani.

(6) At the end of the story, the Maya's murderer steals her ring (in addition to her necklace) and puts it on the middle finger of her left hand.  Earlier, Mr. Lakhani had examined a ring on the same finger of Dr. Anand's hand, and she had informed him that her ring could not be removed because her finger was swollen.  It doesn't make sense for Dr. Anand to wear two rings on the same finger, and most likely Maya's ring wouldn't even have fit on that finger since it was swollen.  This leaves Mrs. Chatterji, who is our culprit.

(7) Mr. Khan used the knife to kill Miss Bhatia, but when he was killed, that weapon was left behind.  Same thing happened to the rope that Mr. Lakhani used to murder Mr. Khan.  Someone (either Dr. Anand or Mrs. Chatterji) used the revolver to kill Mr. Lakhani, but that weapon was accidentally lost under a couch.  So the weapon used to kill Maya has to be the fourth and final one, the lead pipe.

So, in short, here is the solution:

Maya's killer: Mrs. Chatterji

Weapon: Lead Pipe

Winners

Here are the usernames of everyone who got both answers right.  Congratulations to you!  You are all TOP DETECTIVES!!

suchi_dev2006, MyLuvRajat, *Jr.Nancy_drew*, adicoolnclassy, kiti_g, simtara, mumpet, harsimran95, nali476, arshitgupta, luna_lovegood, *blossom20*, Dark Love & bollycrazy

Here is your award!

Thanks again everyone for participating!

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow, I can't believe this that I am a winner!!!! πŸ˜ƒ
Congrats every winner and thanks suhana for such a lovely contest, we would love to see and participate the contest like this in future.
love & hug to all of u πŸ€—
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i won 😲

well i'm too happy congratz all πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
mumpet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow, I won 😲 Congratulations to all the winners πŸ‘
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
really waiting for more contests πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Great job everyone!!

Ya'll make great detectives!
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations to all the clever detectivesπŸ‘πŸ‘

kiti_g thumbnail
wow! i am a winner too! Congrats to all other winners! πŸ‘ and Thanks to Rabia for coming up with a cool contest! πŸ‘
luna_lovegood thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hurrah!...itne saal CID continuously dekhne ka kuch toh inaam mila.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

congo to other winners...and it was a gr8 comp...
thnks
Dark Love thumbnail
Yay! I'm so proud of myself! πŸ˜†

Honestly Rabia that was muy fcil!

I want more! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› 😳