Celebrity Fan Clubs

*QOTW - Stardom So Easy Today*

the_charm thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hey members! Welcome to Question Of The Week!

Well this week's question is all about the newcomers from the start families. Eg- Actors having a celeb father/mother.

Do you think stardom comes to them easily just because they belong to families of big stars? And do you think its right taking the advantage of the family name?

Love

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vampire26 thumbnail
well my thoughts r not exactly i say that all star kids they too work hard and even slog out like other non star kids and though they get staring good offers but then its their hardwork and sincerity which pays of so stardom doesnt come easily to them 😊
preity*zinta thumbnail

I would say it's easier for them .. when compared to someone who doesn't come from a bollywood background. I suppose the first film's always the easiest and then from there it relies on talent.

the_charm thumbnail
^I agree Dii. The first movie is really easy for them + they get a lot of media coverage as compared to others. But after that, it depends on their hard work.
cool_pooja thumbnail
Yes dey do get oppturnities more easily and dey dunt have 2 work dat much hard however in the end only hardwork can make them succesfull and talent.
blahblahblahbla thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Actually, i disagree with the misconception that it is easier. think about it: for abhisheck bacchan to step into the industry may seem easy, but in the end..child stars have more to lose than anybody else! first off, they are compared to all other child stars and their own parents, then they are mocked/criticized if they don't manage to do as great of a film as expected by their parents/directors/etc. and to sum it all up, they got to look just as good as their parents once did/do. It's really difficult for them to establish a name for themselves since they are so oftenly referred to by their parents' name. I can recall everyone referring to Ranbir Kapoor as Rishi Kapoor's son before he actually earned a name for himself in Saawariya, same goes for Kareena [Karish's sister] etc.
preity*zinta thumbnail

^^ I get what you're trying to say. And yeah they do have it hard .. Everyone does not just child stars even stars who didn't have a helping hand in the industry get compared like Rani/Preity .. Lara/Priyanka ..  Star kids aren't the only ones.

But what I meant was that it's easier for them to join in the industry than it is for others.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
I agree with you swati

They have it easier than everyone else but at end of the day, it's true talent that stands out. Hrithik is a child star but I never compared him to he's dad since he's the best at what he does. Talent matters again since ranbir is successful and I think he made the kapoor family proud 😊